X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

Yes, it's separate.
    So are they abnormally fertile/good at not dying or was the empress just willing at the time to let such a significant population migrate out of the isle?

And thank you for making such a relevant DB faction beyond the Realm and Lookshy!

Comment

• So jati in Prasad, would someone from a jati in Auk's Roost be called something to do with the city, or would the jati have its own name and its just that its associated with the community of Auk's Roost?

Like, if I'm Prasadi and I meet someone, can I tell from their name what Jati and Caste they generally belong to? How does this interact with names in Prasad?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• How common are Dynast/Dragon Caste marriages? There seems to have been a pulse of Dragon-Blooded during the conquest, but did the Empress encourage, discourage, or not care about further Realm/Prasad "interchange"? As such a large and powerful satrapy the Empress realized couldn't be squeezed too hard, I would think careful (as in, so as not to give the Great Houses any especial edge) marriage politics would be a good strategy for keeping Prasad within the Realm.

Comment

• So how does the single city state of Lookshy manage to produce over twice as many Dragonblooded as Prasad, and a third the number of the Realm?

I mean, it makes sense they would need that many to hold the line as they do against the Realm, but what makes them so much more proportionally successful at Exaltation?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
            So how does the single city state of Lookshy manage to produce over twice as many Dragonblooded as Prasad, and a third the number of the Realm?

I mean, it makes sense they would need that many to hold the line as they do against the Realm, but what makes them so much more proportionally successful at Exaltation?
            A less lethal environment for younger Dragon-Blooded and a lower rate of celibacy. Whether their reduced focus on "well-bred" marriages affects Exaltation rates is unclear.

Current estimated numbers for Lookshyan Dragon-Blooded are around 3,000.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              Sure.

As a Storyteller, my questions would be "well, what kind of books did you learn from?"

Yeah. If your background comes from being a Varangian scholar of mathematics, and you have a specialty of Economics, it would add a bonus dice normally when you try to calculate the rate of blah blah blah something economics.

You can buy specialties for Lore normally, and they contribute to what kind of facts you can introduce.
              Thank you, Vance, I think I get it now! Thanks a lot!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                A less lethal environment for younger Dragon-Blooded and a lower rate of celibacy.
                So your model is ?: The young 'bloods of the Realm either get caught up in cut-throat house politics, or take the coin or the razor to escape, and in any case the options are not conductive to living-long and reproducing. Lookshy and Prasad meanwhile have less internal tension, and are not trying to spread their grasp wide across the face of Creation. Makes sense.

Comment

• I'll say this, I haven't been terribly interested in the realm book until now. As the Ex2 books was fairly uninspiring for me but, the preview just released looks fantastic and now I am very interested.

So actual question. Who was the god sire of all the god-blooded in Prasad before the dragon-blooded takeover and what happened to them? If there were multiples, were they in collusion together to create this caste system?
                  Last edited by Maudova; 07-30-2017, 12:49 AM.

Craft rewrite.

Comment

• If a demon, or other Primordial soul (like the Divine Ministers of Autochthonia and their Subroutines after the Seal is breached) were to obtain Exigence through the black market - could they create Exigents? Or is it metaphysically wired into Exigence that only a God can wield it (still leaving open the possibility for Forbidden Gods, but not Demons or Autochonian souls)?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                      If a demon, or other Primordial soul (like the Divine Ministers of Autochthonia and their Subroutines after the Seal is breached) were to obtain Exigence through the black market - could they create Exigents? Or is it metaphysically wired into Exigence that only a God can wield it (still leaving open the possibility for Forbidden Gods, but not Demons or Autochonian souls)?
                      Only gods can use the Exigence.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How does "Hurry Home"(core, p508) act when facing "Spirit-Caging Mandala"(core, 357)? (paused? Dispelled?)

French Exalt & ST
                        Advanced Character Generator [Thread for Feedback]
                        Excel Version & LibreOffice Version

Comment

• Can Second Circle Demons be geographical features?
                          I know that there is a demon ship, could there also be castles or small islands?

Comment

• Can you combine Poised Lion Attitude and Voice of the Nightbird to make two social actions in a turn, in addition to your attack?

Comment

• If you have 8 Initiative and 9 Temporary Willpower when you use Heart-Ripping Claw on someone with a Major Positive Tie towarss you, how much damage do you deal?

8*2+9 = 25 damage
                              8+9*2 = 26 Damage
                              (8+9)*2 = 34 damage

I could see the charm interpretted any of those ways.
                              Last edited by SoulGambit; 07-30-2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoulGambit View Post
                                If you have 8 Initiative and 9 Temporary Willpower when you use Heart-Ripping Claw on someone with a Major Positive Tie towarss you, how much damage do you deal?

8*2+9 = 25 damage
                                8+9*2 = 26 Damage
                                (8+9)*2 = 34 damage

I could see the charm interpretted any of those ways.
                                The damage multiplier applies to the damage added by Heart-Ripping Claw, not the total damage of the attack.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X