This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
    Not a dev on this, but the mechanics for things like ships and palaces are on page 243 of the corebook in the first paragraph of "Large-Scale Projects and Manses". Or is the thing you're asking about application of CNNT on non-magical projects?
    I think Eldagusto​ was looking more for rules allowing the solar craftsman to personally​ perform large scale crafting, doing all the work with charm assist, rather than leading a team.

Comment

• Yeah, that's come up for me as well, actually, I'd like to ask about that.
      What do you do when the Solar with CNNT wants to make 100 suits of armour? Or 10000 arrows? Do you roll that together as one project (that's what I've been doing)? Any guidelines on what's reasonable?
      Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 08-07-2017, 10:12 AM.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Hello,

I have a question regarding Hail Shattering Practice. I searched the forums and saw comments on HSP but not to what I needed. Does HSP negate an opponent's successes in a decisive clash? As defenses are irrelevant and this is a defensive charm, I am thinking it doesn't. The charm says it lets the Solar recognize the faults on their attacker's strike and lets them turn aside the blow. If defenses are irrelevant in a clash, they aren't parrying so how do they turn the attack aside?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• What does ancestor worship look like in places without a Shadowland? Can these spirits receive gifts? Is it rare that a ghost can materialise and if so does that mean most ancestors won't be able to communicate with their descendants?
          Last edited by Gatts; 08-07-2017, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• The regular move action lets you move closer to another character or a landmark. If you are engaged with a opponent, do you have to disengage to move through the scenery or towards something? Was that the intent? I ask because many cinematic inspirations feature the combatants ranging all over the place while fighting.

Comment

• I have a question that I completely understand if you don'thave an answer to yet. Well two questions. For lunars, do you intend to have them build similar to second edition where they get 3 cast attributes and one favored you choose, or use the common houserule i've seen of 2 caste (chosen from 3) and 2 favored chosen from the rest?

In a similar vein, will it still be 8/6/4 and one freebie to put in a caste/favored. Or might you increase their starting attributes to another commonly ruled 9/7/5?

Again I understand if you haven't thought this far ahead. Just curious if anything was in the works at all.

A question that may be able to be answered however,

I know lunars have a big theme of rebellion and the like. Will their themes and powers still allow a lunar to play a more heroic person rather than just an anti establishment person? Like a champion of the oppressed or things like that.

Again, if the answer to any of these is "Don't have an answer yet as we haven't thought about it" or something like, thats completely cool. You guys have been absolutely amazing thus far and I am A O K with learning later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
                I know lunars have a big theme of rebellion and the like. Will their themes and powers still allow a lunar to play a more heroic person rather than just an anti establishment person? Like a champion of the oppressed or things like that.
                While your other questions are still having their answers worked out, this one is an absolute and unqualified yes.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is there anybody who would have powers that would not let them play a champion to the oppressed, even if they were inclined to do so?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Quick question about Sidereals:

If a Sidereal gives somebody a tablet or sheet of paper with their name, portrait, and detailed explanation of their identity to someone*, does that person eventually forget the tablet exists? Or does it just fade out of existence?

Edit: *Queue Harpo Marx moment where you tell someone who you are by showing them a picture of yourself.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                      Is there anybody who would have powers that would not let them play a champion to the oppressed, even if they were inclined to do so?
                      A yeddim.

More seriously, while almost any Exalt or supernatural being could serve as a champion of the oppressed, it's something that the themes, Charms, and methodology of the Lunar Exalted strongly resonate with.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Questions regarding Brilliant Sentinel, the Artifact 3 heavy plate in the core.

1. Dawn of a Hundred Rebukes is a "difficulty 3 gambit that rolls Charisma + Presence against the Wits + Resistance of all Targets." It adds the wearers essence to the Initiative roll, and an automatic success against certain targets.

How does this play out in practice? The wearer rolls Initiative for the gambit (assume they pass), then roll (charisma + presence) vs everyone else's (wits + resistance), and whomever the wearer beats suffers the effects of the evocation?

2. Unconquered Guardian Defense says "Exalted foes may break free ofthis effect by paying one Willpower and applying their Resolve against the Solar's Charisma + Presence." Is this the opponent's static resolve against the Solar's rolled Charisma+Presence? I assume the Exalted foe can use Resolve-boosters like an excellency, willpower, or stunt? Can the wearer of the armor also stunt, willpower, or excellency their Charisma presence?

Comment

• Are there any plans to do future Dev Diaries like the one that was done a while back for Perfect Soul? I really liked the insight that gave into the nuts and bolts of her character and background, and was kind of looking forward to getting similar looks at the other 3E Sigs likewise.

Comment

• Originally posted by OpMegs View Post
                            Are there any plans to do future Dev Diaries like the one that was done a while back for Perfect Soul? I really liked the insight that gave into the nuts and bolts of her character and background, and was kind of looking forward to getting similar looks at the other 3E Sigs likewise.
                            To piggyback on this a bit, are you guys still using the prior devs plans for signature characters? Like the Infernal Not!Slayer?

Also, anything you can tell us about the upcoming sigs? like saaay, the Dragonblooded ones?

"Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination."

"I will protect those who cannot protect themselves"

Comment

• Originally posted by Marros56 View Post

To piggyback on this a bit, are you guys still using the prior devs plans for signature characters? Like the Infernal Not!Slayer?
                              I don't think there were any extensive plans, or at least, if there were, I'm not aware of any that weren't discussed publicly.

Basphomy in Verdigris very much fits our conception of the Infernal Exalted, as well as what the Yozis have twisted the Dawn Caste into. We haven't talked about signature Infernals, as that's still way in the future, but I wouldn't say she's out of the running.

Also, anything you can tell us about the upcoming sigs? like saaay, the Dragonblooded ones?
                              They're not all Dynasts.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by OpMegs View Post
                                Are there any plans to do future Dev Diaries like the one that was done a while back for Perfect Soul? I really liked the insight that gave into the nuts and bolts of her character and background, and was kind of looking forward to getting similar looks at the other 3E Sigs likewise.
                                I don't think we can speak to the other Solar signatures with the same degree of specific insight as the past entries, because we simply don't have it. For future sig characters, maybe.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X