This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Black-Forest View Post
    Questions regarding Brilliant Sentinel, the Artifact 3 heavy plate in the core.

1. Dawn of a Hundred Rebukes is a "difficulty 3 gambit that rolls Charisma + Presence against the Wits + Resistance of all Targets." It adds the wearers essence to the Initiative roll, and an automatic success against certain targets.

How does this play out in practice? The wearer rolls Initiative for the gambit (assume they pass), then roll (charisma + presence) vs everyone else's (wits + resistance), and whomever the wearer beats suffers the effects of the evocation?
    You make the "attack roll" with (Charisma + Presence) vs. (Wits + Resistance), and then make the Initiative roll of the gambit normally.

2. Unconquered Guardian Defense says "Exalted foes may break free ofthis effect by paying one Willpower and applying their Resolve against the Solar's Charisma + Presence." Is this the opponent's static resolve against the Solar's rolled Charisma+Presence? I assume the Exalted foe can use Resolve-boosters like an excellency, willpower, or stunt? Can the wearer of the armor also stunt, willpower, or excellency their Charisma presence?
    It's Resolve vs. a (Charisma + Presence) roll, and both sides can boost their roll using anything they normally could.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Therian View Post
      The regular move action lets you move closer to another character or a landmark. If you are engaged with a opponent, do you have to disengage to move through the scenery or towards something? Was that the intent? I ask because many cinematic inspirations feature the combatants ranging all over the place while fighting.
      If you want to stage a cinematic fight in which, say, two swordsmen are running through a marketplace trading blows, you can simply declare that they're running through the marketplace as the fight goes on, without them needing to use their movement actions or change range bands to do so. In that context, a disengage would be attempting to put distance between yourself and your foe.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        While your other questions are still having their answers worked out, this one is an absolute and unqualified yes.
        I appreciate that. So far everything i've seen you guys show has made me happy.

This you might be able to answer, are you going to make a lunar have to buy certain powers to have a shape that isn't what one would consider "classic"? Like will they have to buy in a charm for say a spider as their first shape? I wasn't exactly a fan of having to buy both Essence 3 and 2 knacks to have a bug spirit shape in 2e.

Comment

They're not all Dynasts.
          I have a semi-follow-up question about this. Is the Realm or the Dragon-Blooded going to talk about how Dynasts and non-Dynasts might set their conflicts aside to band together against the Anathema?

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
          [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
          [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

• If I have 2 Different artifact weapons that I am duel wielding does Immortal Blade Triumphant infuse both of them or do I pick a weapon when I use the charm?

Also in AoTC will there be any special gambits related to dealing with Warstriders?

Unlikely to get answered question: Is Arms likely to be released this month?

Comment

• If you spent xp on an artifact's evocations, can you reclaim the xp from it or at least spent it on another artifact?
              Obviously roleplaying and story factors are important, but I think that a player could let his bond with an artifact wither and forge a bond with another.
              Sorry if this has been explained, I searched and didn't find anything.

Comment

If you want to stage a cinematic fight in which, say, two swordsmen are running through a marketplace trading blows, you can simply declare that they're running through the marketplace as the fight goes on, without them needing to use their movement actions or change range bands to do so. In that context, a disengage would be attempting to put distance between yourself and your foe.

If you fail a disengage action, can you still move a range band even if the relative distance between you and the opponent remains the same?

Comment

• How would I represent something like a gun duel using the Initiative combat system? (Using flintlock pistols or firewands I mean.)

I mean, sure, I guess it's doable to just have both participants roll join battle, and then make a single decisive attack, but that seems... underwhelming.

Chains of Silver and Blood, my current Ex3 campaign.
                  I do maps for your games!
                  Images 1, Images 2, Landscapes 1, Landscapes 2 and Musics from Creation.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeTipex View Post
                    How would I represent something like a gun duel using the Initiative combat system? (Using flintlock pistols or firewands I mean.)

I mean, sure, I guess it's doable to just have both participants roll join battle, and then make a single decisive attack, but that seems... underwhelming.
                    Maybe a contested roll like a Clash, and the loser eats it/suffers injury? I don't think I'd use the combat engine to resolve that sort of thing.

Is Jiara written up as a satrapy in The Realm?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• CAn Foe Vaulting Technique be used after charms that move you into close range with your target? (Thunderbolt Attack Prana, Leaping Tiger Attack, etc)

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

• Hey I have an idea for creating some solar charms that interact with sorcerous workings similar to how crafting charms work with the crafting mechanic. As SW seems to be very versatile the charms would have to be limited in power. I am thinking of simple charms like reducing each roll interval by (Essence) days or perhaps creating charms that create an XP pool for SW that you can pull from once per story. I am having trouble finding the right balance so it doesnt make an already powerful tool overpowered.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                          Also in AoTC will there be any special gambits related to dealing with Warstriders?
                          Yes, a few.

Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                          Unlikely to get answered question: Is Arms likely to be released this month?
                          I think it's highly unlikely, what with GenCon and all.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                            Is Jiara written up as a satrapy in The Realm?
                            The Realm will have write-ups of ten satrapies, but Jiara ain't one.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Would it be reasonable for people to worship Ahlat in the Southeast, near the Dreaming Sea? Or is that too far out of the way?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Have the power levels between Solars and other splats like DB and Lunars slid at all in the time between the release of the EX3 core and now? If they have changed will we see some rebalancing of what goes into splat specific elements of general powers like under the Mastery and Terrestrial keywords? Im talking about looking forward, for example will Martial Arts charms going forward be clearly built with the same balance as the core ones, or look a little different?

Comment

Working...
                                X