This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

The Realm will have write-ups of ten satrapies, but Jiara ain't one.
    Is that because it wasn't a Satrapy that really added something you needed in the wordcount of the Realm book, or because it might be better expanded on in another book or in media surrounding the new signature circle?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post

I appreciate that. So far everything i've seen you guys show has made me happy.

This you might be able to answer, are you going to make a lunar have to buy certain powers to have a shape that isn't what one would consider "classic"? Like will they have to buy in a charm for say a spider as their first shape? I wasn't exactly a fan of having to buy both Essence 3 and 2 knacks to have a bug spirit shape in 2e.
      There may be some Charm buy-in required for certain spirit shapes that are significantly advantageous, but I'm thinking of stuff like tyrant lizards here, not spiders.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Malfi View Post
        If you spent xp on an artifact's evocations, can you reclaim the xp from it or at least spent it on another artifact?
        Obviously roleplaying and story factors are important, but I think that a player could let his bond with an artifact wither and forge a bond with another.
        Sorry if this has been explained, I searched and didn't find anything.
        Not by default, but you can ask your Storyteller.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
          If you fail a disengage action, can you still move a range band even if the relative distance between you and the opponent remains the same?
          You can use your reflexive move action to reposition yourself, as long as you stay at close range to all your enemies, but if you try to disengage and fail, you've used up your move action for the turn and don't get to take another one.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by LeTipex View Post
            How would I represent something like a gun duel using the Initiative combat system? (Using flintlock pistols or firewands I mean.)

I mean, sure, I guess it's doable to just have both participants roll join battle, and then make a single decisive attack, but that seems... underwhelming.
            Sounds like a good place for a straight opposed roll to me.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
              CAn Foe Vaulting Technique be used after charms that move you into close range with your target? (Thunderbolt Attack Prana, Leaping Tiger Attack, etc)
              No. Foe-Vaulting Method creates a reflexive attack on your turn (albeit one that still counts as your attack for the round). Thunderbolt Attack Prana, Leaping Tiger Attack, and similar Charms that would supplement that attack would have to be declared after you've used Foe-Vaulting Method to create it, which means you already have to be at close range.

A Storyteller might reasonably go the other way on this, though, especially if there's a good stunt.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SpruceStripedGoose View Post
                Have the power levels between Solars and other splats like DB and Lunars slid at all in the time between the release of the EX3 core and now? If they have changed will we see some rebalancing of what goes into splat specific elements of general powers like under the Mastery and Terrestrial keywords? Im talking about looking forward, for example will Martial Arts charms going forward be clearly built with the same balance as the core ones, or look a little different?
                Nah, there haven't been any upheavals in how we envision power level.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do people need to survive the sections of my sorcerous workings for them to work?
                  Like, if I wanted to cut a person into sections, hammer and forge each section like iron, and then reassemble them into an iron-skinned armored warrior, is that within possibility or did I just kill a man and make my forge really messy? Or Make a liminal?

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

• Are there any Egypt-inspired satrapies in The Realm, similar to how Prasad is inspired by India?

Related question, any special rulings on how vehicles like chariots work in relation to the mounted rules?

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
                      Are there any Egypt-inspired satrapies in The Realm, similar to how Prasad is inspired by India?

Related question, any special rulings on how vehicles like chariots work in relation to the mounted rules?
                      Do you mean besides Paragon?

In previous editions Paragon had a distinctly Egyptian motif, if I'm remembering correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        There may be some Charm buy-in required for certain spirit shapes that are significantly advantageous, but I'm thinking of stuff like tyrant lizards here, not spiders.
                        Awesome. I get buy in for that yeah. I though hated having to have an even greater buyin to be a bug than a murdersaurus. Thank you for answering.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSarcasticSage View Post

Do you mean besides Paragon?

In previous editions Paragon had a distinctly Egyptian motif, if I'm remembering correctly.
                          From what I can tell, it's kinda-sorta-maybe-if-you-squint.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                            Do people need to survive the sections of my sorcerous workings for them to work?
                            Like, if I wanted to cut a person into sections, hammer and forge each section like iron, and then reassemble them into an iron-skinned armored warrior, is that within possibility or did I just kill a man and make my forge really messy? Or Make a liminal?
                            In general, the feasibility of a working is a Storyteller call. I'd imagine that if you're able to sorcerously disassemble and reassemble a person, that magic would also let you keep their various parts alive throughout the process.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If a neomah makes a beasty or monster, does that monster emerge from their tower fully formed, or must it grow?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
                                Are there any Egypt-inspired satrapies in The Realm, similar to how Prasad is inspired by India?
                                Not in The Realm, though we intend to provide such material in a later book.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X