Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ok 3 sorcery questions about making spirits.

    1. Lets say I use a ambition 3 celestial working to make a spirit. Lets say I want to make that spirit a god of a area whose god is corrupted. Does that spirit become a god when I make him or does the celestial bureaucracy have to become involved?

    2. Lets say I want a elemental dragon to fly around on. Is this celestial ambition 3 to make one?

    3. When summoning a ambition 3 solar level working "Being of singular nature and considerable power" Are they on the scale of 3rd circle demons or of less power? Can these beings just make manses at will or create roads from one end of creation to the next with but a word or are they stronger then 2nd level demons but weaker then third?

    Comment


    • Solar Exalted generally only get one sorcery shaping ritual per Sorcery Circle Occult Charm, right?

      Since the Dragon-Blooded can only learn one such Charm, will Dragon-Blooded Occult offer alternative Charms for accessing an archetype's two other shaping rituals, or perhaps off tricks "exclusive" to Dragon-Blooded sorcerors?


      Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

      My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

      Comment


      • Is Golden Janissary compatible with shields? IIRC it's compatible with spears and staves.


        Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
          Is Golden Janissary compatible with shields? IIRC it's compatible with spears and staves.
          Shields aren't one of its weapons, but nothing stops you from carrying a shield in your off-hand and combining Golden Janissary with the hypothetical spear-and-shield style.


          Developer for Exalted

          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

          Robert Vance's Patreon

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
            Solar Exalted generally only get one sorcery shaping ritual per Sorcery Circle Occult Charm, right?

            Since the Dragon-Blooded can only learn one such Charm, will Dragon-Blooded Occult offer alternative Charms for accessing an archetype's two other shaping rituals, or perhaps off tricks "exclusive" to Dragon-Blooded sorcerors?
            Maaaaybe. ^_^


            Developer for Exalted

            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

            Robert Vance's Patreon

            Comment


            • Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
              1. Lets say I use a ambition 3 celestial working to make a spirit. Lets say I want to make that spirit a god of a area whose god is corrupted. Does that spirit become a god when I make him or does the celestial bureaucracy have to become involved?
              A god is a god, but you might need to liaise with Heaven to get him a job in the celestial bureaucracy.

              2. Lets say I want a elemental dragon to fly around on. Is this celestial ambition 3 to make one?
              I think lesser elemental dragons are generally a bit buffer than Second Circle Demons. I'd probably call it some kind of Solar Circle working.

              3. When summoning a ambition 3 solar level working "Being of singular nature and considerable power" Are they on the scale of 3rd circle demons or of less power? Can these beings just make manses at will or create roads from one end of creation to the next with but a word or are they stronger then 2nd level demons but weaker then third?
              Work it out with your Storyteller.


              Developer for Exalted

              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

              Robert Vance's Patreon

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Saur Ops Specialist View Post

                In the former case, would you get Lunar beastfolk who end up as normal humans in their human form, as opposed to beastfolk in their human form? Or would it more typically give rise to beastfolk who turn into warforms that are even larger, scarier versions of their relatively slightly-mutated human form?
                Why would beastfolk Exalting as Lunars make them look less like animals?


                Developer for Exalted

                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                Robert Vance's Patreon

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Malfi View Post
                  After using wake the sleeper, can you unlock further evocations the normal way?
                  Yes, as the Charm's text suggests.


                  Developer for Exalted

                  Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                  Robert Vance's Patreon

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    Why would beastfolk Exalting as Lunars make them look less like animals?
                    Especially since they can use Appearance Charms or simply Heart's Blood to assume a "normal" human form, just as normal human Lunars can steal beastman forms.


                    Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

                    My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

                    Comment


                    • So this is more of a game philosophy question and I've never gotten an answer to this. Considering what sidereal do why did they need a pointless rival exalted?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Epimetheus View Post
                        So this is more of a game philosophy question and I've never gotten an answer to this. Considering what sidereal do why did they need a pointless rival exalted?

                        Kind of assuming the conclusion there - there's no reason to do something pointless by definition, so I'm sure they don't intend for it to be pointless.

                        I"m not trying to answer for the Devs, I'm very interested to hear what they have to say about what the Getimians add to the game. the question's phrasing editorially assuming its answer was all I was commenting on.


                        Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post


                          Kind of assuming the conclusion there - there's no reason to do something pointless by definition, so I'm sure they don't intend for it to be pointless.

                          I"m not trying to answer for the Devs, I'm very interested to hear what they have to say about what the Getimians add to the game. the question's phrasing editorially assuming its answer was all I was commenting on.
                          Came off more vitrolic than intended but what do they add other than existing as rivals for the one exalt ed type that didn't need it. sidereals have so many threats it's not funny. They are literally the one exalted type with a job and are overworked. Expanding on current threats is much better than trying to define them by their antithesis. i hope sidereals is better than what little it seems and Idon't see the need of another type of exalted especially when the core concept is just rival sidereals.
                          Last edited by Epimetheus; 08-11-2017, 06:59 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            If you want to stage a cinematic fight in which, say, two swordsmen are running through a marketplace trading blows, you can simply declare that they're running through the marketplace as the fight goes on, without them needing to use their movement actions or change range bands to do so. In that context, a disengage would be attempting to put distance between yourself and your foe.
                            But could this movement take you one range band closer to another combatant or a tactically important feature of the environment?

                            That is, does being Embattled mean that your opponents can always reflexively Move with you outside of their turn to keep you in close range, such that you can tactically reposition yourself across the battlefield, close ranks with an ally, or pursue an in-Embattled opponent?

                            Because that is very different from the interpretation where Embattled characters cannot move around *at all* in a mechanically or tactically significant sense.


                            Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

                            My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

                            Comment


                            • Can you go through a Burning Apocalypse Strike resolution? The wording it has is confusing in more than one place. For example, you plummet at an angle, but fall half the range bands you ascended. Does this mean that if you jump straight up, it will take you another round to reach the ground? Then it says it is a normal decisive attack when you hit the ground but it targets everyone in close range. Do you also have a primary target for this attack?


                              Edit - Extra Question: Also can Solar Brawl have a charm that emulates Solar Saber, allowing the solar to use her hands as Artifact weapons, or is this outside of Brawl's power? Maybe as repurchase of Orichalcum Fists so that the charms do not overlap?
                              Last edited by blackheartz; 08-11-2017, 10:10 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by blackheartz View Post
                                Can you go through a Burning Apocalypse Strike resolution? The wording it has is confusing in more than one place. For example, you plummet at an angle, but fall half the range bands you ascended. Does this mean that if you jump straight up, it will take you another round to reach the ground? Then it says it is a normal decisive attack when you hit the ground but it targets everyone in close range. Do you also have a primary target for this attack?
                                Step 1: Yell, at the top of your lungs, BURNING SKY APOCALYPSE STRIKE

                                Step 2: Make a single decisive attack roll against everyone within short range of you, but don't roll damage normally.

                                Step 3: Everyone hit by the attack rises up one range band for every 10 Initiative you have, and takes three dice of bashing damage for each range band of ascent. You also rise, but don't take damage.

                                Step 4: Everyone hit by the attack falls back to earth and suffers falling damage normally.

                                Step 5: You descend back to the ground, without taking falling damage. Unlike your victims, you don't have to go straight down - you can choose to move at an angle, ending your fall at a point that's up to (half the range bands you rose up) away from where you were when you started the attack.

                                Step 6: Roll another decisive attack against everyone in close range of where you land.

                                Step 7: Each enemy hit by the second attack takes damage equal to half your Initiative.

                                Step 8: Reset to base Initiative if you hit at least one enemy, or lose Initiative if you whiffed, as usual.

                                Step 9: Your turn is over.

                                Edit - Extra Question: Also can Solar Brawl have a charm that emulates Solar Saber, allowing the solar to use her hands as Artifact weapons, or is this outside of Brawl's power? Maybe as repurchase of Orichalcum Fists so that the charms do not overlap?
                                I don't see that really making as much sense conceptually as an extension of Brawl, but I don't think anything will break if you do it, as long as it's limited to Brawl attacks only, and not Martial Arts.


                                Developer for Exalted

                                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                                Robert Vance's Patreon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X