Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I have a question on Legendary size:

    "Decisive attacks made by smaller enemies cannot deal more than (3 + attacker’s Strength) levels of damage to the tyrant lizard with a single attack, not counting any levels of damage added by Charms or other magic."
    Does this count dice added by Charms, such as Fire and Stones or Hungry Tiger, or Doubled 10s on Damage, such as from Single Point Style? Or only effects that add automatic levels of damage?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Fenrir666 View Post
      I have a question on Legendary size:

      "Decisive attacks made by smaller enemies cannot deal more than (3 + attacker’s Strength) levels of damage to the tyrant lizard with a single attack, not counting any levels of damage added by Charms or other magic."
      Does this count dice added by Charms, such as Fire and Stones or Hungry Tiger, or Doubled 10s on Damage, such as from Single Point Style? Or only effects that add automatic levels of damage?
      Only things that add damage successes/levels of damage directly.


      Developer for Exalted

      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

      Robert Vance's Patreon

      Comment


      • Regarding cantata of empty voices, does it only target enemies of the caster? It just sounds too good to be true.

        Comment


        • How soon will Monkey style show up in the line? I want to be able to say my martial artist has mastered all five legendary animals styles and have everybody in attendance freak out.

          Edit: Related question, would an artifact wrackstaff that is considered an in-form weapon for any martial art that does not require ranged weapons be considered too overpowered?
          Last edited by Prometheus878; 08-12-2017, 09:24 PM.


          Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

          Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
            How soon will Monkey style show up in the line? I want to be able to say my martial artist has mastered all five legendary animals styles and have everybody in attendance freak out.
            Not sure, but it'll show up at some point.

            Edit: Related question, would an artifact wrackstaff that is considered an in-form weapon for any martial art that does not require ranged weapons be considered too overpowered?
            Very yes.


            Developer for Exalted

            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

            Robert Vance's Patreon

            Comment


            • Keeping with martial-arts and weapons: does anything break if I let my player have a Medium Artifact weapon with DPC (oversized Mala Beads that work like a heavier scarf. One of its effects is being MA-Compatible)? If so, what?

              *having a hard time getting a feel for MA balance*
              Last edited by Fata-Ku; 08-13-2017, 12:00 AM.


              Jade-Screened Exalted Finding the Path
              Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

              Comment


              • Is Gold considered particularly valuable in Creation? I mean, the Realm uses Jade and most other places use Silver or other things that aren't metal and Gold is presumably associated with the Anathema, so I could buy that it's considered "tainted" and thus not particularly valuable. But I'm not really sure.


                Placeholder

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                  Is Gold considered particularly valuable in Creation? I mean, the Realm uses Jade and most other places use Silver or other things that aren't metal and Gold is presumably associated with the Anathema, so I could buy that it's considered "tainted" and thus not particularly valuable. But I'm not really sure.
                  Well previous editions you could (via torturous manufacturing processes) turn it into Orichalcum (which is much rarer naturally). It is a Magical Material in it's nascent state. So thats presumably worth something?

                  This edition, not a clue, I'll let Vance have at it.

                  prototype00

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Volivat View Post
                    Regarding cantata of empty voices, does it only target enemies of the caster? It just sounds too good to be true.

                    I'd like to add to this question. Several AoE spells make a distinction between "enemies" (like Cantata of Empty Voices and Death of Obsidian Butterflies) while other use a different language (Mists of Eventide affects "all characters" as well as the knock back effect from Magma Kraken). Is this to be taken literally? Making the aoe effects enemy only would seriously buff any battle sorcerer.

                    Comment


                    • Developer answers only in this thread. If you are not a dev then don't answer questions. Darksider
                      Last edited by Darksider; 08-13-2017, 12:21 PM.

                      Comment


                      • How would you mechanically represent a character learning necrosurgery (but not necromancy!) at the black colleges of the Skullstone Archipelago?

                        (Mostly just asking to see how your answer differs from mine.)

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                          How would you mechanically represent a character learning necrosurgery (but not necromancy!) at the black colleges of the Skullstone Archipelago?

                          (Mostly just asking to see how your answer differs from mine.)
                          Remind me what necrosurgery is?


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ryoki View Post


                            I'd like to add to this question. Several AoE spells make a distinction between "enemies" (like Cantata of Empty Voices and Death of Obsidian Butterflies) while other use a different language (Mists of Eventide affects "all characters" as well as the knock back effect from Magma Kraken). Is this to be taken literally? Making the aoe effects enemy only would seriously buff any battle sorcerer.
                            "Enemies" means "enemies only." "All characters" means "everyone."

                            We're trying to be more clear with this going forward.


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                              Is Gold considered particularly valuable in Creation? I mean, the Realm uses Jade and most other places use Silver or other things that aren't metal and Gold is presumably associated with the Anathema, so I could buy that it's considered "tainted" and thus not particularly valuable. But I'm not really sure.
                              It's not used as currency in any significantly large region of Creation, but I guess it can be a decorative luxury or trade good.


                              Developer for Exalted

                              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                              Robert Vance's Patreon

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                Remind me what necrosurgery is?
                                Preparing dead bodies to be zombies. Making grafts out of cadaver parts. Grafting corpses together into spine chains. Performing maintenance on zombies to keep them together a little longer. And so on.

                                Mind, you're not animating them yourself - you're mostly just putting pieces together so the necromancer can focus on other stuff. Skullstone's demand for zombies is too high for their limited supply of necromancers to give each one the full treatment themselves.
                                Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 08-13-2017, 10:49 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X