Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to have to discuss with players whether to use canon rules for Solars or pretty much just rip off that whole cloth for the Great Curse for them.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Yep, same deal. Note that disarming someone with it doesn't stop them from dealing damage; they've already hit you!
      Thanks! I figured as much on the damage, my understanding of counterattacks is that the triggering attack still rolls damage normally even if your counterattack lops the opponent's head off.

Comment

It's a tool in our toolbox. For the other "classic" Exalted, my current plan is to give them Limit tracks and Limit Breaks, but I'm willing to abandon those preconceptions if it results in a better play experience.
        Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        I'm going to have to discuss with players whether to use canon rules for Solars or pretty much just rip off that whole cloth for the Great Curse for them.
        I would be quite interested in seeing the current devs give an alternate version of the Great Curse rules for Solars along those lines. Although as I understand it, you were already elbow-deep in writing the Core version we already got, right Vance?

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
          I would be quite interested in seeing the current devs give an alternate version of the Great Curse rules for Solars along those lines. Although as I understand it, you were already elbow-deep in writing the Core version we already got, right Vance?
          It'd be trivially easy to adapt the rules for the Dragon-Blood's Great Curse for use with Solars, or any other splat, and I was conscious of the fact that some playgroups would want to do so.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

It'd be trivially easy to adapt the rules for the Dragon-Blood's Great Curse for use with Solars, or any other splat, and I was conscious of the fact that some playgroups would want to do so.
            Oh cool so the Great Curse is planned to function a bit differently among the different splats? Or is this just going to be like how in 2nd DBs had the emotional stereotyping as a constant aspect of their part in the Curse?

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
              Oh cool so the Great Curse is planned to function a bit differently among the different splats? Or is this just going to be like how in 2nd DBs had the emotional stereotyping as a constant aspect of their part in the Curse?
              We won't be reinventing the wheel for every different type of Exalt, but I don't want them all to play like Solars.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

No Limit tracks.
                Is there some other "trigger" because flipping out totally at random doesn't really feel like the Great Curse to me.

Placeholder

Comment

• Is the unconquerable self spell still a thing in this edition?

Comment

As someone who has played a bunch of Exalted through all three editions and had everyone pretty much accidentally avoid all the triggers for gaining limit in the game, this sounds like it could be very, very useful.

Placeholder

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
                      Is the unconquerable self spell still a thing in this edition?
                      Rather than a spell, maybe a universal Merit that sorcerors can buy?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

Is there some other "trigger" because flipping out totally at random doesn't really feel like the Great Curse to me.
                        It's solely up to the player feels it's an appropriate dramatic or roleplaying choice, although the description of how each Aspect's Curse manifests suggests some broad examples.
                        Last edited by Robert Vance; 08-28-2017, 11:00 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
                          Is the unconquerable self spell still a thing in this edition?
                          "Die instantly" isn't a mechanical concept that interests me, or that I think is worth spending wordcount on.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will there still be something like resonance that forces the abyssal to kill?

Comment

• I am curious about the sidereal styles. Can we expect them to be significantly stronger than the regular styles? Will there be new styles along with the ones we have already seen?

Comment

• Some questions that come up in my game that could really use some answering.

How do you let Demons free in Creation. By the book they only spell out that flubbing the summoning spell does it. But how do Summoners release demons if they want? Do they have to dedicate a spell to I want you to be free in Creation? Or can a summoner just choose to let a demon roam free?

And do demons still each have a unique method of Procreation? I really really liked that bit in 2nd ed. If so I would rather enjoy if Demons started including that in their writeup. If not, do demons just shag or spawn from the broodmothers?

Are we going to get more examples of 3rd Circle, and Primordials/Yozis creating 1st Circle Demons. We know typically 2nd Circles are the ones famous for populating Hell, but we also kind of know that is because they are the most numerous of the actual souls and that 3rd Circles and Yozis themselves often spawn waves of demons.

Will we get Demons that don't fit the 3 souled Hierarchy?

Should I handle outfitting an Army with equipment as a Superior Project, or multiple projects, like say Armor, Weapons and ect?

Will we still get the Niobraran War?

Is the Dome of the Sky even a thing, or is that just speculation?

When we get around to the Dragon Kings and Mountainfolk will they still have that whole monoculture/philosophy/religion? I really would like to see particularly the Dragon Kings not all sharing the same sensibilities towards life, reincarnation and family. Mountainfolk I'm okay with as they are communists/oligarchs and can just have different city cultures while sharing a pretty unified philosophy, but I could still be pretty pleased with them getting the diversity of Autochthonia.

Is there any advice on what works as basic alchemy(Craft) and what is Thaumaturgy? Like making Bounty Paste would probably just be Alchemy, but what about smelting Magical Metals?

And I know it will be a while till you get to Gods, but will they stay mostly the same in the fact that Gods can kill other Gods, but can also instead choose to enslave other Gods with Killing blows?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
                                X