This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
    If white veil style existed, which it doesn't, what book might we see it in?
    Dragon-Blooded.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by CycloneJoker View Post
      Does Golden Janissary Style still have a Charm named "Where Is Doom Inquisition"?
      But of course!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        But of course!
        https://s3media.247sports.com/Upload...99/2999013.jpg

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

I don't think so. The Lunars are good at tracking down newly-Exalted Lunars through various means, but I think largely, the issue comes down to people overestimating the precision with which Sidereals can track new Exalted.
          Not a question but in some of my games I've had a Sidereal send a Wyld Hunt to slay a prophesied Anathema only for the Hunt to start massacring a bunch of defenseless mortals and then the foretold Exaltation happens when one of those mortals fights back.

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          Some Lunars may receive a quest or geas from her upon Exaltation, but she doesn't maintain regular contact with them past that barring truly unusual circumstances.
          Since I'd better have a question for the questions thread: would you compare Luna to the Outsider from Dishonored in this context? I.E. sometimes she chooses people for a specific reason (in the case of the Outsider, because choosing one person in particular turned out to be a very big mistake and someone had to stop her) but mostly just goes for people she finds interesting?

Comment

There are still Abyssal Exaltations unclaimed by any Deathlord, as described in Ink Monkeys, so no.

So, I came into the gameline a bit late here, but is this indicating that there are Abyssals out there that were Exalted by the Neverborn themselves? I know there's Weeping Raiton Cast Aside from Scroll of Exalts, but the book kind of just leaves how and why she became an Abyssal as a sort of open question. The concept of "free" Abyssals that attracted the Neverborn's attention much like Solars or Lunars attract their patrons is actually something I'd always considered a cool contrast to the Liege-bound Abyssals that didn't really have a lot of canonical support, so I'm curious on what details there are about these.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thesaurasaurus View Post
              Since I'd better have a question for the questions thread: would you compare Luna to the Outsider from Dishonored in this context? I.E. sometimes she chooses people for a specific reason (in the case of the Outsider, because choosing one person in particular turned out to be a very big mistake and someone had to stop her) but mostly just goes for people she finds interesting?
              Haven't played the game, so my ability to draw analogies may be imperfect.

Luna doesn't just pick "interesting" people. She chooses heroes, or those with the potential to be heroes—much like the Unconquered Sun chooses his Solars, although with a greater preference for outcasts, iconoclasts, and dissidents, and any other idiosyncrasies individual playgroups may impute to Luna.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by OpMegs View Post

So, I came into the gameline a bit late here, but is this indicating that there are Abyssals out there that were Exalted by the Neverborn themselves? I know there's Weeping Raiton Cast Aside from Scroll of Exalts, but the book kind of just leaves how and why she became an Abyssal as a sort of open question. The concept of "free" Abyssals that attracted the Neverborn's attention much like Solars or Lunars attract their patrons is actually something I'd always considered a cool contrast to the Liege-bound Abyssals that didn't really have a lot of canonical support, so I'm curious on what details there are about these.
                In Ink Monkeys, where the idea was first introduced, the idea was that the Exaltation itself did the choosing, independent of the Deathlords and Neverborn. Some of the early Abyssals had destroyed the Monstrances holding their Exaltations (or had them destroyed for them), before subsequently getting killed, leaving their Exaltations unbound, free to choose their own host.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• If Riding a Tyrant Lizard or Dragon or somesuch, and since you aren't using two initiative tracks, can you make an attack with the big fella by rolling say Ride and Dexterity for having it bite?

How long do you imagine before we get thorough Godblooded rules? I'm happier with what we know about it from the beginning of 3rd ed, basically they more or less human but toss in a couple weird things if you really want, compared to 2nd ed where we got not much on them and then when we waited till the end of the gameline they were just copypasted.

Same question but how long til God and Elemental rules?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• this is a question about the craft charm essence forging kata, the charm allows you to comit motes in order to lower the cost of excelencies, saying "While this Charm is active, every two motes committed reduces the cost of craft excellencies by 1." does this mean that if i comit 4 motes then i can get as many excellencies up to my dice pool cap for free?

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post

In Ink Monkeys, where the idea was first introduced, the idea was that the Exaltation itself did the choosing, independent of the Deathlords and Neverborn. Some of the early Abyssals had destroyed the Monstrances holding their Exaltations (or had them destroyed for them), before subsequently getting killed, leaving their Exaltations unbound, free to choose their own host.

Yeah but 3E has moved away from the Exaltations as self-automated missiles. So devs, who chooses the free Abyssals?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Yeah but 3E has moved away from the Exaltations as self-automated missiles. So devs, who chooses the free Abyssals?
                        Good question. Obvious answer is that it's the Neverborn is rare moments of lucidity, but I'm not sure we'll want to go with the obvious answer.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by norraba View Post
                          this is a question about the craft charm essence forging kata, the charm allows you to comit motes in order to lower the cost of excelencies, saying "While this Charm is active, every two motes committed reduces the cost of craft excellencies by 1." does this mean that if i comit 4 motes then i can get as many excellencies up to my dice pool cap for free?
                          I'm not entirely sure I understand the question. If you commit four motes, then each use of the Craft Excellency for a single day is discounted by two motes. If you only add two dice with a Craft Excellency, then its cost would be discounted down to 0.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                            If Riding a Tyrant Lizard or Dragon or somesuch, and since you aren't using two initiative tracks, can you make an attack with the big fella by rolling say Ride and Dexterity for having it bite?
                            You can command your mount to attack, but it uses its own attack pool and counts as your attack action for the round.

How long do you imagine before we get thorough Godblooded rules? I'm happier with what we know about it from the beginning of 3rd ed, basically they more or less human but toss in a couple weird things if you really want, compared to 2nd ed where we got not much on them and then when we waited till the end of the gameline they were just copypasted.

Same question but how long til God and Elemental rules?
                            Don't really have a great estimate on either of these.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can an opponent who is knocked prone make the reflexive resistance roll against a Disengage action?

If all opponents within your range band are prone, would you even need a Disengage action to move away from them, or could you just use the Move action?

A Tiger Stylist using the form "takes no penalties for fighting while prone", but I understand the spirit of that to mean attacking and defending rather than positioning actions.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                                Can an opponent who is knocked prone make the reflexive resistance roll against a Disengage action?
                                A prone character automatically fails the rolls to resist rushes or disengages.

If all opponents within your range band are prone, would you even need a Disengage action to move away from them, or could you just use the Move action?
                                You still need to take the action, you're just automatically going to succeed.

A Tiger Stylist using the form "takes no penalties for fighting while prone", but I understand the spirit of that to mean attacking and defending rather than positioning actions.
                                Tiger Form lets you resist rushing and disengages while prone as though you weren't prone.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X