Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to check if i understood well how allies and retainer merit works.
    The Dragon Blooded commander of Dace its a retainer, but the king that he helped to recover the throne is an Ally. It has nothing to do with their strength.

Comment

• Will 3e necromancy be following the 2e model of being less flexible but more powerful than sorcery? Will there be necromantic workings?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
        Will 3e necromancy be following the 2e model of being less flexible but more powerful than sorcery?
        No, I don't think that was ever implemented terribly well. It's less flexible in some ways, but gains additional options in exchange.

Will there be necromantic workings?
        Yep, that's the current plan.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
          I want to check if i understood well how allies and retainer merit works.
          The Dragon Blooded commander of Dace its a retainer, but the king that he helped to recover the throne is an Ally. It has nothing to do with their strength.
          Yeah, that's a good way of thinking about it

(although your Dragon-Blooded retainer is a four-dot merit, while the mortal king is a one-dot merit, so their strength does have something to do with it)

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does Tiger Warrior Training Techinque work on non-human mortals?
            Like, say I created a new type of intelleigent gorilla, could I use it on them?
            What about a group of demons I permantely bound using workings?
            Or if I (somehow) got a group of Dragon Kings (or other 'mortal' supernaturals) together and trained them?

I made some MAs! PEACH: Red Locust Style, Emerald Wasp Style, Thunder on the Precipice Style, Graceful Humming Bird Style

Comment

• Does beastfolk breeding with nonbeastfolk humans result in normal human over the generations, or can beastfolk exist alongside flatline populations without worrying about losing their traits, like say single family of Snakefolk in a nation where they are the only snakefolk?

Since Primordials are a great mystery to Creation, do most people in Creation believe the Gods Created Creation, and or Creation was always around?
              In older Editions they made it seem like the Wyld Hunt only existed as a group during specific hunting expeditions and everything else was just the infrastructure for potential Hunts. Though Sometimes they were wishywashy with it. But 3rd ed it sounds like the Wyld Hunt is an Organization that always exists, often though usually battling Lunars and Raksha, and they wax larger during years when they need it. Or am I misunderstanding and it is still the Wyld Hunt only Exists during specific hunts?

Will we still get Stone Lion Style, it filled a very specific Monkish niche that I feel would be cool to have.

Do you have plans to include the other 4 Elemental Dragon Claw spells down the line, I was a rather big fan of that lil bit from the 2nd ed catlogue, along with Centipede Style... :P

StephenLS says the Lintha are not a whole-y unique species, but descendants of humans under the influence of Kimbary because humans are the only humanoid species of the Primordial creations so as not to have a Star Trek effect, is that official? Lintha Descend from Humans?

Do you see the Dragon Kings as being significantly Older then Humans, or essentially created around the same time?

Have the 5 Greater Elementals that the Celestines made been erased from Canon, or are they just not mentioned in the Corebook because Elementals are no longer descended from their dooms and we don't need to know about them yet?

Deva's having God Yomi's is still a part of Prehistory right? We can still expect cool little mentions of some of them still kicking eventually?

I'm guessing the Daystar and Silver Chair are probably going to be completely different in 3rd ed, since the setting is different? Or can we use the Daystar writeup as is for now?

Eventually, in the far future we will get Colossus and Metropolis Rules for Alchemicals yeah?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                Does Tiger Warrior Training Techinque work on non-human mortals?
                Or, indeed, the Ata-beasts of Halta who, in Ex2 at least, were intelligent as any human and were listed as part of the might of Haltan sample combat units (along with San-Beasts).

Also, what is the nature of Haltan Ata- and San-beasts this edition? ​(The Familiar merit identifies "one of the talking monkeys of Halta" as a three dot familiar, so they at least exist.)

​If possible, will we be seeing any show up in Hundred Devils Night Parade, or Adversaries of the Righteous?

Comment

• If it's not too much to ask, could you give some clarification or examples about immortality as a Sorcerous Working and the Ambition needed to get it?

For example, a mighty sorcerer wants to imbue his most powerful warrior with the ability to be restored to life should the warrior be killed. He's decided to make a obelisk in his fortress. As long as the obelisk remains, whenever the warrior is slain, she is restored to life after a month of waiting.

What ambition would this be? My table was leaning towards Celestial 3, but I have no idea if that's correct.

Thank you for your time!

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
                    For example, a mighty sorcerer wants to imbue his most powerful warrior with the ability to be restored to life should the warrior be killed. He's decided to make a obelisk in his fortress. As long as the obelisk remains, whenever the warrior is slain, she is restored to life after a month of waiting.
                    wasn't this one of only 2 things the book said solar sorcery explicitly can't do?(the other being time travel iirc)

Comment

• Originally posted by MarvAlice View Post

wasn't this one of only 2 things the book said solar sorcery explicitly can't do?(the other being time travel iirc)

Technically, the text is "Immortality has a catch" and "No Ressurection".
                      It's probably worth a topic in and of itself as to what kind of catches would be cool, but let's leave that answer to our glorious devs.

Unrelated, but I wanted to give that question another go: Foe-Vaulting Method, does it boost the next attack (probably on the next turn), or does it create a new attack on the same turn that gets the buff?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sagara View Post
                        Unrelated, but I wanted to give that question another go: Foe-Vaulting Method, does it boost the next attack (probably on the next turn), or does it create a new attack on the same turn that gets the buff?
                        The latter, but it still counts as your attack for the turn.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
                          If it's not too much to ask, could you give some clarification or examples about immortality as a Sorcerous Working and the Ambition needed to get it?

What ambition would this be? My table was leaning towards Celestial 3, but I have no idea if that's correct.

Thank you for your time!
                          Your example does run afoul of the "no resurrection" limitation. Once you die, there's no coming back.

The level of working needed to pull off immortality fluctuates with the fine details—"so long as this obelisk stands, I shall not age a day" is going to be a higher-level working than "so long as I bathe in the blood of Exalted once a year, I shall not age a day." Even the weakest immortality is going to be celestial-level, unless the Storyteller wants that to be easily accessible to Dragon-Blooded and mortal sorcerers in that game.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyman View Post
                            Also, what is the nature of Haltan Ata- and San-beasts this edition? ​(The Familiar merit identifies "one of the talking monkeys of Halta" as a three dot familiar, so they at least exist.)
                            They're smarter than your average bear!

​If possible, will we be seeing any show up in Hundred Devils Night Parade, or Adversaries of the Righteous?
                            I don't think so.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                              Does beastfolk breeding with nonbeastfolk humans result in normal human over the generations, or can beastfolk exist alongside flatline populations without worrying about losing their traits, like say single family of Snakefolk in a nation where they are the only snakefolk?
                              It's something that can vary with Storyteller preference—we don't plan on including rules for beastfolk heritability. As a default, though, beastfolk inherited traits will eventually diminish.

Since Primordials are a great mystery to Creation, do most people in Creation believe the Gods Created Creation, and or Creation was always around?
                              I believe the Immaculate Order teaches that the Five Elemental Dragons made Creation. I'm sure that beyond that, there are as many stories of how the world was made as there are in our own world.

In older Editions they made it seem like the Wyld Hunt only existed as a group during specific hunting expeditions and everything else was just the infrastructure for potential Hunts. Though Sometimes they were wishywashy with it. But 3rd ed it sounds like the Wyld Hunt is an Organization that always exists, often though usually battling Lunars and Raksha, and they wax larger during years when they need it. Or am I misunderstanding and it is still the Wyld Hunt only Exists during specific hunts?
                              There's not a standing Wyld Hunt—it's something that's called when there's a need for it.

Will we still get Stone Lion Style, it filled a very specific Monkish niche that I feel would be cool to have.
                              Maybe.

Do you have plans to include the other 4 Elemental Dragon Claw spells down the line, I was a rather big fan of that lil bit from the 2nd ed catlogue, along with Centipede Style... :P
                              Not really, especially since they're relatively easy to hack from Wood Dragon's Claw.

StephenLS says the Lintha are not a whole-y unique species, but descendants of humans under the influence of Kimbary because humans are the only humanoid species of the Primordial creations so as not to have a Star Trek effect, is that official? Lintha Descend from Humans?
                              Could you point me to where he said that?

Do you see the Dragon Kings as being significantly Older then Humans, or essentially created around the same time?

Have the 5 Greater Elementals that the Celestines made been erased from Canon, or are they just not mentioned in the Corebook because Elementals are no longer descended from their dooms and we don't need to know about them yet?

Deva's having God Yomi's is still a part of Prehistory right? We can still expect cool little mentions of some of them still kicking eventually?
                              The fine details of prehistory are largely irrelevant.

'm guessing the Daystar and Silver Chair are probably going to be completely different in 3rd ed, since the setting is different? Or can we use the Daystar writeup as is for now?
                              They're not the same, although you can still use the old write-ups if you prefer them.

Eventually, in the far future we will get Colossus and Metropolis Rules for Alchemicals yeah?
                              Quite possibly.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                                Does Tiger Warrior Training Techinque work on non-human mortals?
                                What about a group of demons I permantely bound using workings?
                                Or if I (somehow) got a group of Dragon Kings (or other 'mortal' supernaturals) together and trained them?
                                Yes. It probably won't raise their traits above where it raises humans, but you can get a "best of both worlds" combination.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X