• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clownpiece View Post
    In the awareness charmset, it says

"Multiple Charms are considered to have the following
    special activation rules: When a Solar is confronted with
    multiple concealed enemies, her senses are further
    heightened. The Awareness Excellency and each Reflexive Awareness Charm with an instant duration—
    except for Blink and Roused Dragon Detection—can
    have their durations extended to one turn by paying an
    extra two motes upon activation."

I realise that it says 'solar', but given the placement in a sidebar, is this something that applies to all exalts? Is it on a case-by-case basis, universal, or just a unique property that all solars share?
    Solar Awareness Charms only. Other Exalted may have the same provision for their Awareness Charms, but it's not de facto universal.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by mizzlfoshizzl View Post
      Ok, maybe a really pedantic question, but how long is it supposed to take to don armor?

P.591 states "armor's mobility penalty+1" minutes. Medium armor has a -1 mobility penalty. Does that mean it takes 0 minutes, or 2 minutes?

And by extension, does that mean Whirlwind-Armor Donning Prana lets you don medium armor in 0 rounds, or 2 rounds?
      2 minutes, or rounds.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I'm having trouble understanding Fire-Eating Fist (p.279). If the bonus damage from clashing energy attacks lasts until the user's next attack, then how do they get the extra bonus damage for multiple energy attacks at Essence 4+? Shouldn't each instance of previous damage be used up in the following clash attack, with the end result just being the original amount of bonus damage, rather than an aggregate amount?

Comment

• So can constructed people Exalt? Like say a Solar Genius builds a clockwork son, with alchemical blood, and sorcerously crafted to have essentially a human soul, so a hun with past lives and everything, and a po. If this son is essentially human but made of clay and clockwork can he Exalt since he has a human soul? If yes how human will they have to be? Will they need to so human they die of old age? I'm thinking they have a facsimile of sleep which is more like a self repair sleep mode. I am thinking of back in Mage the Ascension you could be an awakened Construct, whether a Clone, Android, or Stone person, or even animal transformed into a man.

Could someone sorcerously transformed into an animal like a hawk or a dog Exalt? Say Ju Di McCool was the coolest bounty hunter detective king ever, but was cursed into the body of a Deer, and later that week the Jade Prison Was breached and People were Exalting Left and right.. Ju Di was so coool and top 20 on that list... but whoops now she is the mind of a cool veteran in the body of a Deer, a doe, a female deer...?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            Having discussed this briefly with Lea, I can now answer.

Ex3's Lintha are, as described in Blood & Salt, humans descended from Kimbery—or at least, that's what they believe. They may not be her literal descendants, but rather humans transformed, corrupted, or otherwise empowered by Kimbery.
            As in, demon-blooded? (Or Yozi-blooded, I guess)

So, you're going back to this?:
            Originally posted by Blood and Salt
            According to Lintha tradition, trueblood Lintha are
            those God-Blooded descended from the ancient line of
            Kimberry, the Sea That Marched Against the Flame or,
            as the Lintha refer to her, the Great Mother. The line is
            very old, dating back to before the Solar Exalted destroyed
            the Primordials, when that Yozi Princess was free
            to walk through Creation. Long ago, the Lintha were
            once a race of noble and mighty sea princes, ruling over
            a vast, long forgotten nation. But the Lintha bloodline
            has been so diluted over the centuries, and the true
            histories lost in the intervening centuries, that the
            Lintha possess only a fraction of the power and knowledge
            they once had. Some Lintha pay no heed to their
            presumed illustrious heritage, while others take it upon
            themselves to assert their eminence and reclaim the
            power their bloodline once held.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by [B
              Blood and Salt[/B]]

According to Lintha tradition, trueblood Lintha are
              those God-Blooded descended from the ancient line of
              Kimberry, the Sea That Marched Against the Flame or,
              as the Lintha refer to her, the Great Mother. The line is
              very old, dating back to before the Solar Exalted destroyed
              the Primordials, when that Yozi Princess was free
              to walk through Creation. Long ago, the Lintha were
              once a race of noble and mighty sea princes, ruling over
              a vast, long forgotten nation. But the Lintha bloodline
              has been so diluted over the centuries, and the true
              histories lost in the intervening centuries, that the
              Lintha possess only a fraction of the power and knowledge
              they once had. Some Lintha pay no heed to their
              presumed illustrious heritage, while others take it upon
              themselves to assert their eminence and reclaim the
              power their bloodline once held.
              Would this be the Niobraran League?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post

Would this be the Niobraran League?
                No, the Niobraran League was its own thing.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

As in, demon-blooded? (Or Yozi-blooded, I guess)

So, you're going back to this?:
                  Yep. Neither Demon-Blooded nor Yozi-Blooded are quite right, but I think they're the closest you'll get to a term for a lineage of humans descended from (or transformed by) a Yozi.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                    So can constructed people Exalt? Like say a Solar Genius builds a clockwork son, with alchemical blood, and sorcerously crafted to have essentially a human soul, so a hun with past lives and everything, and a po. If this son is essentially human but made of clay and clockwork can he Exalt since he has a human soul? If yes how human will they have to be? Will they need to so human they die of old age? I'm thinking they have a facsimile of sleep which is more like a self repair sleep mode. I am thinking of back in Mage the Ascension you could be an awakened Construct, whether a Clone, Android, or Stone person, or even animal transformed into a man.
                    It'd certainly be an exceptional case not covered by the text, but if the Storyteller thinks it's cool...

Could someone sorcerously transformed into an animal like a hawk or a dog Exalt? Say Ju Di McCool was the coolest bounty hunter detective king ever, but was cursed into the body of a Deer, and later that week the Jade Prison Was breached and People were Exalting Left and right.. Ju Di was so coool and top 20 on that list... but whoops now she is the mind of a cool veteran in the body of a Deer, a doe, a female deer...?
                    I'd assume that in such a case the Exaltation would burn right through the curse. If you want to play a Solar who's been transformed into an animal and is stuck that way, you're gonna need the Storyteller's ok.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                      I'm having trouble understanding Fire-Eating Fist (p.279). If the bonus damage from clashing energy attacks lasts until the user's next attack, then how do they get the extra bonus damage for multiple energy attacks at Essence 4+? Shouldn't each instance of previous damage be used up in the following clash attack, with the end result just being the original amount of bonus damage, rather than an aggregate amount?
                      Yes, the Charm's text does seem to be self-contradictory. Based on the example given and the last line of the Charm, which states that clashing ranged attacks from out-of-range opponents doesn't damage them, I think the most sensible interpretation is that using Fire-Eating Fist a second or later time to clash a ranged attack without doing damage wouldn't trigger or discharge the stored bonus. That way, you can clash a bunch of elemental bolts, stack their benefits, and then unleash all the bonus dice on a single attack.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        Yep. Neither Demon-Blooded nor Yozi-Blooded are quite right, but I think they're the closest you'll get to a term for a lineage of humans descended from (or transformed by) a Yozi.
                        Sure. It's probably best not to think too much on the exact mechanics of the production of the children of a human and a sentient sea of (both literal and metaphorical) acid.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• It's possible I'm misreading it, or missing synergies elsewhere in the tree, but: when is Blinding Nova Flare (the Single Point capstone charm) better than just making two decisive attacks would be? Spending one biggish Initiative pool (as it'd have to be to succeed a Difficulty 5 gambit) in order to make a reliable attack with another Initiative pool (slightly buffed by the first if you've got Mastery access) isn't intuitively appealing. What's the use case or strategy behind it meant to be?

Comment

• Could you clarify how Doubt-Sowing Contention Method works?

Do i need something like a repurchase of Asp Bites Its Tail to be able to use the effect after the opponent made an action?
                            The king confronts me after the Evil Chancellor said something about me when i wasnt there. Can i use Asp Bites Its Tail to turn the tables on him?

Comment

• Originally posted by VoxPVoxD View Post
                              It's possible I'm misreading it, or missing synergies elsewhere in the tree, but: when is Blinding Nova Flare (the Single Point capstone charm) better than just making two decisive attacks would be? Spending one biggish Initiative pool (as it'd have to be to succeed a Difficulty 5 gambit) in order to make a reliable attack with another Initiative pool (slightly buffed by the first if you've got Mastery access) isn't intuitively appealing. What's the use case or strategy behind it meant to be?
                              Unblockable and undodgeable decisive attacks are very, very hard to avoid being killed by. I think "reliable" might be underselling it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
                                Could you clarify how Doubt-Sowing Contention Method works?
                                Character X is about to try social influence. Before he says anything, you use Doubt-Sowing Contention Method. If you beat his Resolve, he can either call on a Defining Intimacy in a Decision Point and spend three Willpower to resist it, or he's unable to use that social influence action for that purpose until he meets the reset condition, as though he'd tried it and failed.

Do i need something like a repurchase of Asp Bites Its Tail to be able to use the effect after the opponent made an action?
                                The king confronts me after the Evil Chancellor said something about me when i wasnt there. Can i use Asp Bites Its Tail to turn the tables on him?
                                It has to be used at the same time the other character is taking the social action you want to flip. Retroactive application seems like valid territory for a high-Essence upgrade.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X