This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Unblockable and undodgeable decisive attacks are very, very hard to avoid being killed by. I think "reliable" might be underselling it.
    Two big decisive attacks is also very, very hard to avoid being killed by, though, isn't it? It's like, you save a ton of motes not needing to excellency two attack rolls, and you get the comfort of knowing the attack will hit, in exchange for probably 30-40% of your total damage dice. It seems like a charm with more rhetorical than mechanical power. But if that's the official answer than I appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Comment

My current plan is to call it Limit rather than Resonance, but otherwise have it largely resemble their Dark Fate in First Edition.

Apologies for dredging this back up, but Dark Fate? I don't remember seeing anything about it in the Abyssals first edition book, is it located somewhere else?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• *delete*...
        Last edited by glamourweaver; 09-08-2017, 09:31 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post

Apologies for dredging this back up, but Dark Fate? I don't remember seeing anything about it in the Abyssals first edition book, is it located somewhere else?
          I could've sworn it was called that in 1E, and yet, it doesn't show up there. Slip of the tongue, I guess.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• In the canon of this gameline, are dragonking-bloods possible? Can they then become dragonkings as a godblood might a god? Is it possible to have a population of dragon kings who're so heavily bred in with humanity through a long window of DK-bloods becoming DKs that they no longer bear any actual physical resemblance to their spiritual race?
            Or is that some mix of yes's, no's, "it's complicated's", or even "Why would that be relevant if your table hasn't already decided to include it"'s?
            Or, well, just 'no to all, unless your table decides otherwise' would also be totally possible, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by PlotVitalNPC View Post
              In the canon of this gameline, are dragonking-bloods possible? Can they then become dragonkings as a godblood might a god? Is it possible to have a population of dragon kings who're so heavily bred in with humanity through a long window of DK-bloods becoming DKs that they no longer bear any actual physical resemblance to their spiritual race?
              Or is that some mix of yes's, no's, "it's complicated's", or even "Why would that be relevant if your table hasn't already decided to include it"'s?
              Or, well, just 'no to all, unless your table decides otherwise' would also be totally possible, I guess.
              I don't think Dragon King-human relationships are capable of producing viable offspring in canon.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I could've sworn it was called that in 1E, and yet, it doesn't show up there. Slip of the tongue, I guess.
                No worries! Sounds pretty cool either way.

So you're imagining that Abyssals vent Limit rather than experiencing Limit Break?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

I don't think Dragon King-human relationships are capable of producing viable offspring in canon.
                  this calls for a sorcerous working

Comment

• Originally posted by norraba View Post
                    this calls for a sorcerous working
                    Or, since you already know sorcery...A Neomah.

But anyway, I suppose I should ask a question since I'm already here.Who would be Resonant/Dissonant with Adamant artifacts? I assume they still exist in e3.

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                    Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                    Some Lintha QCs
                    A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post

No worries! Sounds pretty cool either way.

So you're imagining that Abyssals vent Limit rather than experiencing Limit Break?
                      Right now, I'm thinking both.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• But anyway, I suppose I should ask a question since I'm already here.Who would be Resonant/Dissonant with Adamant artifacts? I assume they still exist in e3.
                        Adamant Caste Alchemicals have to be resonant with it, basically. Beyond that, not sure yet.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Alchemicals are resonant with their caste material and dissonant with everything else?

Comment

• So Alveua can't work the magical materials, what materials can she work with? The people she reforges?

Also there's mention of a prayer roll in one of her charms, Willing Souls Tempered. What would a prayer roll be in Third Edition?

Comment

• Any chance/plans for a Storyteller's Companion thing for 3e?

Comment

• Originally posted by imadaman View Post
                                Any chance/plans for a Storyteller's Companion thing for 3e?
                                It's something we're planning.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X