Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this might be beyond the scope of what you might be able to reveal at this time, and I understand if the only response you can give is that the information has been censured by the bureau of secrets lol, but what would be the determining factor for whether a martial art is sidereal or celestial, and what might we be able to expect sidereal martial arts to look like that sets them apart from celestial ones.

Comment

• My apologies if I missed the answer to my question. I scanned the forum briefly but couldn't see my query.

For Hundred Faced Stranger your persona(e) gain access to any charms your primary identity knows. Does this only apply when you first form your persona(e) or as your various personae grow and learn do they retroactively gain access to those charms from the primary identity?

My gut feeling is that yes, retroactivity ought to apply but I thought I would seek an opinion/official word.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• I want to grab the statblock of the cataphract and use it for my demon commander. Is there a rule to how the stats are distributed and what type of charms the different types of creatures can have?

Comment

• Originally posted by Volivat View Post
          With mental invisibility technique does it allow one to hide when on a mount for example? So riding around on a horse while being invisible?
          The horse would appear to have no rider.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
            I want to grab the statblock of the cataphract and use it for my demon commander. Is there a rule to how the stats are distributed
            Just the guidelines at the start of the quick character section.

and what type of charms the different types of creatures can have?
            Nah. Stealing bits from other statblocks is a-ok.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by KFinigan View Post
              My apologies if I missed the answer to my question. I scanned the forum briefly but couldn't see my query.

For Hundred Faced Stranger your persona(e) gain access to any charms your primary identity knows. Does this only apply when you first form your persona(e) or as your various personae grow and learn do they retroactively gain access to those charms from the primary identity?

My gut feeling is that yes, retroactivity ought to apply but I thought I would seek an opinion/official word.

Thanks in advance!
              Your personas have access to all your true self's Charms.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by norraba View Post
                I know this might be beyond the scope of what you might be able to reveal at this time, and I understand if the only response you can give is that the information has been censured by the bureau of secrets lol, but what would be the determining factor for whether a martial art is sidereal or celestial, and what might we be able to expect sidereal martial arts to look like that sets them apart from celestial ones.
                Ordinary Martial Arts Charms are the fighting styles practiced by mortal martial artists, elevated unto supernatural killing arts by the legendary prowess and superhuman mastery of the Exalted. Sidereal Martial Arts are cosmic mysteries distilled into esoteric and abstract reality-warping kung fu. There's really no mistaking the two.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                  Can a Solar be 'corrupted' into being an Abyssal in 3e?
                  Undetermined.

Do you imagine Abyssals in Third Edition having substantially different anima powers than previously?
                  About as different as the Solars' are. Maybe an oonch more.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                    If it's possible to write powerful and evocative native Charms for the Dragon-Blooded and still have the conceptual space left over to make five different Elemental Dragon Martial Arts Styles...

Then it ought to be possible to produce a Solar Firearms Charm set and still have Charm concepts left over for a Dual Pistol Gunslinger Style (Bayonetta, Dante, Noel Vermillion) and a hypothetical Long Arm Style, right?

"Long Arm Style" being a Martial Art that employs two-handed firearms like shotguns, carbines, and rifles. A much more cautious and opportunistic Style than Dual Pistols, which relies on ambush, concealment, cover, and the safety of distance and disengaging, as well as providing supporting cover fire for allies.
                    There's a whole lot of design space for weapon-centric styles.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Ordinary Martial Arts Charms are the fighting styles practiced by mortal martial artists, elevated unto supernatural killing arts by the legendary prowess and superhuman mastery of the Exalted. Sidereal Martial Arts are cosmic mysteries distilled into esoteric and abstract reality-warping kung fu. There's really no mistaking the two.

thankyou, i'm homebrewing a martial art right now, and it was seeming a bit much, and i couldn't think of any way that mortals might be able to use it, this clarifies things for me a lot thankyou.

Comment

• Given the way Sorcery works in Ex3, the notion of an 'average' shape sorcery action may be a little suspect, but for the sake of argument, how obvious is the 'average' shape sorcery action? The core mentions sorcerer-assassins in at least one place, but it's unclear to me what, if any, special considerations you'd need to account for to actually play out that concept. Does taking a Shape Sorcery action reveal you when you're in stealth? Should opposing Awareness checks get bonus dice to find the sorcerer? Or only to those who are sorcerers themselves? If this assassin put on a disguise and wandered through the middle of a crowded ballroom, could he charge Death of Obsidian butterflies by muttering under his breath while moving along with the press of the crowd before unleashing it on his target?

Comment

• What was the design ideas behind the dragon kings and their paths?

I wish to homebrew dragon king paths, but i don't know how

Comment

• If a Twilight uses her anima power to convert a demon into a spirit familiar, does this also create a corresponding intimacy of respect, fear, or affection? If so, at what level of intensity?

I didn't see anything mentioned in the description, but I can't imagine that having a familiar who wants to kill or subvert you would be very useful.

Comment

• What is the nature of a Thousand Forge Dragon in 3E? A piloted superweapon like a warstrider? (I think the idea in 2E was "a wmd you can duel"). Or automated creatures that may or may not still be active guarding the edges of Creation like in 1E? Something else?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Was really excited to hear Dragon-Blooded will have some sorcery! Thanks to Eric Minton for making that possible!

Now, for my question: in investigation, there are two options for taking, roughly: Case Scene and Profile Character. Both of which tend to take a bit of time.
                                However, a regular Case Scene action can be done in a handful of seconds using Crafty Observation Method, which is an Essence 1 charm, where Profile Character can't be sped up until Ten Magistrate Eyes.
                                Was this intentional design, or would a charm that sped up Profile Character like Crafty Observation Method at Essence 1 work in the Solar Charmset?
                                Last edited by wern212; 09-11-2017, 03:48 AM. Reason: Case Scene normally takes 15 minutes, but Profile Character only takes 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X