Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had some questions about the Usurpation in the current edition (though they may not be totally answerable at this point).

When the Sidereals used the Mask to hide their deeds, did they do it as a lead up to the Usurpation to hide their treason from the Solars and Lunars or afterwards to hide their crimes from Heaven and the survivors?

When the Sidereals broke the Mask, did they do it on purpose, to create Arcane Fate, or did it happen accidentally, as a side effect of the (what they did in my first question).

And to tack something on, how long would you estimate the Usurpation actually took? I know there was the single night of the Calibration feast, but was that followed up by a swift coup or years of war to drive the Lunars to the edge of Creation and eliminate the Solars who had not been killed during the initial betrayal? (This last question is much less relevant to the game I'm playing and more of an idle curiosity.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      No, you just get a nonspecific demon.
      Ifraja the Librarian seems able to do this according to his writeup, though I guess one could just say he has found or developed some additional means to do that, but it's mentioned in his entry in Adversaries of the Righteous which might confuse people. I guess he could be beckoning specific demons with sorcerous workings or using some other miscellaneous widget.

Will Lookshy be getting a share of wordcount in What Fire Has Wrought? Are there any things that have changed significantly for Lookshy this go around, beyond what was in the corebook?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• So on Twitter you mentioned that there will be sorcery in the DB book afterall. Does this mean that we'll get to have the sohei initiation along with the Heptagram and Academy of Sorcery ones? Because that'd be sweet.

(Tweet source https://twitter.com/RSVance/status/907054195336937473)
        Last edited by Blaque; 09-11-2017, 04:48 PM.

And stuff.
        Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abakus View Post
          I had some questions about the Usurpation in the current edition (though they may not be totally answerable at this point).

When the Sidereals used the Mask to hide their deeds, did they do it as a lead up to the Usurpation to hide their treason from the Solars and Lunars or afterwards to hide their crimes from Heaven and the survivors?

When the Sidereals broke the Mask, did they do it on purpose, to create Arcane Fate, or did it happen accidentally, as a side effect of the (what they did in my first question).
          These are questions that we will probably be giving more thought to once we begin turning to the task of developing Sidereals, and so I think answering now would risk being premature.

And to tack something on, how long would you estimate the Usurpation actually took? I know there was the single night of the Calibration feast, but was that followed up by a swift coup or years of war to drive the Lunars to the edge of Creation and eliminate the Solars who had not been killed during the initial betrayal? (This last question is much less relevant to the game I'm playing and more of an idle curiosity.)
          I don't think the nitty-gritty details of the Usurpation are particularly relevant, and so haven't given much thought to them.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
            Will Lookshy be getting a share of wordcount in What Fire Has Wrought? Are there any things that have changed significantly for Lookshy this go around, beyond what was in the corebook?
            Lookshy gets some attention. One new thing, I believe, is the fleshing out of the Gentes Minor.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
              So on Twitter you mentioned that there will be sorcery in the DB book afterall. Does this mean that we'll get to have the sohei initiation along with the Heptagram and Academy of Sorcery ones? Because that'd be sweet.

(Tweet source https://twitter.com/RSVance/status/907054195336937473)
              It doesn't have Lookshyan-specific initiations, although I think those may appear later.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Shaping sorcery is non-obvious, unless the player stunts it flashily.
                I'm sure I've said it before, but I can't thank you and Eric enough for everything you're doing here! This thread has been a huge help not just to me, but to the playerbase as a whole.

Comment

• Deleted!!!
                  Last edited by ale137; 09-11-2017, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Keeping in mind that the end result would not be the person they originally were, but a hollow simulacrum of same, my gut says [Second Circle] necromancy.
                    We tested our zombie raising necromancer, and I realized that i wasnt clear with my question.
                    My crowning moment of awesome, would be something like, in the day when the new king is crowned, i poison all the court and then raise them as my own dead court to rule the kingdom in my name. Even if they dont have a personality they should be able to manage the state affairs.
                    Or secretly killing the leaders of a criminal organisation, but having everyone believe that they are fine.(With lots, lots of deodorants)
                    Meanwhile, the zombie general should be leading the armies of shambling zombies to conquer new lands and fight with the same stats as he had in life.

Is this to much to ask of an undead?

Comparing to the spell in 1ed, im not sure if this should be sm or Ritual, because the zombie in 1ed was less capable of what im expecting.

Last question from zombieland, should there be a limit to the size of the army that i raise with a spell, or if i have size 5 worth of corpses, i can go and raise a thousand zombies?
                    Last edited by ale137; 09-11-2017, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• What can count as a sifu for Martial Arts training, especially in the case of teaching Charms? A mortal master who knows all the different forms and katas of the Style, but is unable to manipulate Essence? Ancient scrolls with helpful imagery? For animal styles, the animal itself the Style is based on?

More specifically, in our game we have a Snake Style user who wants to find a new teacher. It so happens my character has a snake Familiar AND Survival Charms to help train the snake and even make it a supernatural creature.

Could the Snake Stylist learn from the snake? And could the snake actually learn and use Snake Style Charms (since Spirit-tied Pet implies that the Familiar has its own Essence and Willpower pools) with the help of Survival training Charms?

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post

We tested our zombie raising necromancer, and I realized that i wasnt clear with my question.
                        My crowning moment of awesome, would be something like, in the day when the new king is crowned, i poison all the court and then raise them as my own dead court to rule the kingdom in my name. Even if they dont have a personality they should be able to manage the state affairs.
                        Or secretly killing the leaders of a criminal organisation, but having everyone believe that they are fine.(With lots, lots of deodorants)
                        Meanwhile, the zombie general should be leading the armies of shambling zombies to conquer new lands and fight with the same stats as he had in life.

Is this to much to ask of an undead?

Comparing to the spell in 1ed, im not sure if this should be sm or Ritual, because the zombie in 1ed was less capable of what im expecting.
                        "Elite" zombies who retain much of the skill they had in life should definitely be possible, but they should require more oomph to raise than your standard shambling zombie. Maybe they can fake being who they were, but you don't want to run afoul of the ban on resurrection.

Last question from zombieland, should there be a limit to the size of the army that i raise with a spell, or if i have size 5 worth of corpses, i can go and raise a thousand zombies?
                        Too many variables to really conclusively in down.
                        Last edited by Robert Vance; 09-11-2017, 06:41 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Cenrei View Post
                          What can count as a sifu for Martial Arts training, especially in the case of teaching Charms? A mortal master who knows all the different forms and katas of the Style, but is unable to manipulate Essence? Ancient scrolls with helpful imagery?
                          For starters, note that learning Martial Arts Charms only requires training, rather than a sifu, although it still benefits from having one.

That being said, any practitioner can serve as a sifu. Even if a mortal master lacks the supernatural puissance needed to execute the Charms of a style, she might be able to confer the insight and training to her Solar student that he needs to achieve them.

For animal styles, the animal itself the Style is based on?

More specifically, in our game we have a Snake Style user who wants to find a new teacher. It so happens my character has a snake Familiar AND Survival Charms to help train the snake and even make it a supernatural creature.

Could the Snake Stylist learn from the snake?
                          Technically, no, as animals don't actually practice the styles named after them. That said, if you want to learn it from your magic kung fu snake, and your Storyteller is cool with it, then absolutely go with it.

And could the snake actually learn and use Snake Style Charms (since Spirit-tied Pet implies that the Familiar has its own Essence and Willpower pools) with the help of Survival training Charms?
                          Familiars don't have their own Essence pools, and can't learn Martial Arts Charms. One could theoretically circumvent this with hypothetical Charms combining Survival and Martial Arts.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do Exigents all have unique ways the Great Curse mechanically works? Some have limit tracks that cause a particular emotional compulsion, some have an external manifestation (ala Abyssals), some might just use the xp incentive carrot for certain thematic behavior like Dragon-Blooded, or all sorts of other possibilities?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• I want to do this

https://www.facebook.com/khmertvrepl...8193181378436/

How do I do this?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                                Do Exigents all have unique ways the Great Curse mechanically works? Some have limit tracks that cause a particular emotional compulsion, some have an external manifestation (ala Abyssals), some might just use the xp incentive carrot for certain thematic behavior like Dragon-Blooded, or all sorts of other possibilities?
                                I imagine the Exigents book will go into some of the logic of designing your own Limit Break/Great Curse manifestation, and explain what each option offers.

There may also be some subtler, more insidious effects of the Great Curse on the Exigents. Was it always possible for the Exigence to be stolen and corrupted?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X