X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Still has to roll.
    So, there's a niche for a Charm that lets you Disengage via concealment with a Stealth versus Awareness contest (with a -3 penalty to Stealth) instead of a Dodge versus Athletics contest?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
      So, there's a niche for a Charm that lets you Disengage via concealment with a Stealth versus Awareness contest (with a -3 penalty to Stealth) instead of a Dodge versus Athletics contest?
      Sure. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Mechanically speaking, roughly how powerful should a Celestial Ambition 2 power be? I mean, taking your example of hypnotic beauty, which of the following might be acceptable:
        • Bonus charm dice on Appearance based Social Rolls.
        • Bonus non-charm dice on Appearance based Social Rolls.
        • Double 9s on Appearance based Social Rolls.
        • Double 8s on Appearance based Social Rolls.
        • Appearance now rated at 6 and bonus dice for having Appearance greater than opponent's resolve are doubled.
        • Appearance now rated at 6 and bonus dice for having Appearance greater than opponent's resolve are successes.
        • Anyone capable of finding you physically attractive is treated as having a Minor Positive Intimacy towards you.
        • Can spend a WP to lock eyes with someone and give them a Positive Major Intimacy towards you. It costs 3WP to negate this.
        • Can attempt to seduce anyone, regardless of orientation, subject only to the Red Rule.
        • Can automatically seduce anyone, regardless of orientation, subject only to the Red Rule.
        Last edited by BrilliantRain; 09-13-2017, 12:49 AM.

Placeholder

Comment

• And in the case of bonus dice, how many? Based on Essence, another Attribute or Ability, a flat number from 1 to 69, etc?

But sexually.

Comment

You could do something along the lines of that concept, but "absolute immunity to weapons" isn't something I think you can implement in a balanced way as a PC-accessible effect.
            How about a variation on the Invulnerable Skin of Bronze spell: a Working granting permanent soak and/or hardness, with the legendary secret weaknesses being the result of botches/lack of finesse. It's not absolute, but at higher tier, good enough to look absolute to mere mortals.

Comment

• Hi, thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions (even the Working ones which honestly should be talked with the ST instead of cluttering up here >.>), I'm sure it's super appreciated.

I was wondering if the Paths of Brigid were still on the plans somewhere?

Comment

• I was wondering if the Paths of Brigid were still on the plans somewhere?
                Yes, or some other book of sorcery with a different name.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                  Mechanically speaking, roughly how powerful should a Celestial Ambition 2 power be? I mean, taking your example of hypnotic beauty, which of the following might be acceptable:
                  As a general rule, they're not going to be quite as powerful as a full spell. The appropriateness of any specific effect is dependent on too many factors (cost, duration, how it's triggered, other limits) for me to just give blanket approval to; that's something to work out with your Storyteller.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

As a general rule, they're not going to be quite as powerful as a full spell. The appropriateness of any specific effect is dependent on too many factors (cost, duration, how it's triggered, other limits) for me to just give blanket approval to; that's something to work out with your Storyteller.
                    As a storyteller I would love a example to gauge the power on. Any chances would could get a low end of the scale example in the antagonist book? I mean if we have what you would think is on the low end of the scale we could then gauge the power easily while pointing to that low ball example as a example to our players.

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                      As a storyteller I would love a example to gauge the power on. Any chances would could get a low end of the scale example in the antagonist book? I mean if we have what you would think is on the low end of the scale we could then gauge the power easily while pointing to that low ball example as a example to our players.
                      Sample workings, including working-granted powers, is definitely something this thread has convinced me need to be included in a book of sorcery.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Sample workings, including working-granted powers, is definitely something this thread has convinced me need to be included in a book of sorcery.
                        It may be useful to have a separate thread (along the lines of the "ask a a question, get an answer" thread) just for "what circle / ambition should this working be?" type questions.

Comment

YES! 10chars.

Comment

• Thanks Robert for taking the time to answer our questions!
                            Just need some clearification, If a solar have command over several battle groups, does War God Descendent add 1 to all their sizes for the combat or to just one of the groups? And if a battle group under its effect is already size 5, does it size (temporarily) go to 6 or is it capped at 5?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrot Crusader View Post
                              Thanks Robert for taking the time to answer our questions!
                              Just need some clearification, If a solar have command over several battle groups, does War God Descendent add 1 to all their sizes for the combat or to just one of the groups?
                              I think the most sensible way to do it is to only have it benefit one group.

And if a battle group under its effect is already size 5, does it size (temporarily) go to 6 or is it capped at 5?
                              Capped at 5.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Thank you for the quick answer, another question that I have been pondering that I forgot to ask. It concerns Terrifying apparition of glory and its effects on Battle groups. Is a battle group capable of paying the initiative cost to ignore the effects of it (Taking 5 magnitude damage I assume?) to not flee? A battle group that has paid the initiative/magnitude, do they still get -3 to rout? And is a battle group only considered terrorized (for the purpose of the -3 to rout) if their resolve have failed?

Comment

Working...
                                X