X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any artifacts in What Fire Has Wrought?

Also, are the Fang Blossom's vines from Hundred Devil Night Parade intented to be treated as full separate combatants, trivial opponents? battlegroups?
    Last edited by Leetsepeak; 09-28-2017, 03:24 PM.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
      Also, are the Fang Blossom's vines from Hundred Devil Night Parade intented to be treated as full separate combatants, trivial opponents? battlegroups?
      They're separate combatants with their own health tracks and Initiative, which use the same dice pools and such as the core plant with the exceptions noted in the stat block and Tendril-Sprouting Nightmare Merit.

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
      Changeling: The Lost developer
      Mage: The Awakening developer

Comment

Are there any artifacts in What Fire Has Wrought?
        Each house has an heirloom artifact and its Evocations detailed.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
          Would you say most "unusual" senses should fall under one normal sense for the purpose of that Charm?
          Not all of them. If a hypothetical monster lacks all normal senses but perceives the world by telepathically scanning the mind of everyone around it, that's can't be mapped to any normal sense. However, the vaktri perceive the world through picking up vibrations in the ground. That's basically hearing, even if it isn't conventional hearing.

On a related note, how would you feel about an upgrade to that Charm that lets it seal away any two senses, not just those possessed by humans? Would that still be appropriate for the Solar charmset?
          Seems fine to me.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            Each house has an heirloom artifact and its Evocations detailed.
            To be perfectly clear, A) Each house has an example heirloom artifact (implying they may have many others) detailed? Or B) Each house has it's only heirloom artifact detailed (implying there's only one per house in the game)?

I assume it's A, but I'd like to be very certain.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
            I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

I'd treat it as a form of hearing.
              Thank you!

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post

To be perfectly clear, A) Each house has an example heirloom artifact (implying they may have many others) detailed? Or B) Each house has it's only heirloom artifact detailed (implying there's only one per house in the game)?

I assume it's A, but I'd like to be very certain.
                They're just examples.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                  They're just examples.
                  That's what I figured and hoped, but wanted to be clear that each house didn't have only 1 ancient artifact it passed down, but many. Wooo!

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                  I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Are heirlooms their own 'type' of artifact? As in, is their a meaningful heirloom keyword, or is their nature conveyed through the evocations?
                    I ask because ~bouyant~ sublime armigers are mentioned as using heirloom artifacts, and wanted to know if this had more mechanical significance (Apart from the vast culutral/symbolic significance)

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                    Many Limbed Manual
                    Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                    San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                    My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                      Are heirlooms their own 'type' of artifact? As in, is their a meaningful heirloom keyword, or is their nature conveyed through the evocations?
                      I ask because ~bouyant~ sublime armigers are mentioned as using heirloom artifacts, and wanted to know if this had more mechanical significance (Apart from the vast culutral/symbolic significance)
                      Heirlooms aren't a mechanically distinct type of artifact. There's no Heirloom keyword, but an heirloom's Evocations may be easier to unlock if you're of the proper bloodline.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Narratively speaking, what is going on when a Lunar adds a second Attribute to their dice-adding? How would a Solar scholar explain it?

What does it mean? What allows them to be the only Exalted who can do that?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Meghan Fitzgerald View Post

They're separate combatants with their own health tracks and Initiative, which use the same dice pools and such as the core plant with the exceptions noted in the stat block and Tendril-Sprouting Nightmare Merit.
                          Thanks, Meghan!

Just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Does that mean that each vine has its own mote pool and is capable of activating the charms? I don't get the impression this is the case, but I want to make sure I understand.

Presumably having identical stats means that the vines can make savaging attacks using the bite dicepool. Is this correct?

In the same vein, in order to use Swallow Whole, the Fang Blossom has to make a savaging decisive attack and inflict 3+ points of damage. Does the core of the Fang Blossom itself have to be the one to make a decisive savaging attack that inflicts +3 damage in order to activate Swallow Whole, or can the vine inflict the damage and activate Swallow Whole? This sort of ties into my first question about the mote pool/charms.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                            Narratively speaking, what is going on when a Lunar adds a second Attribute to their dice-adding?
                            Depends on the combination of Attributes and the stunt. A Lunar who adds their Intelligence to the dice cap for a feat of strength to smash through a pillar might be analyzing the pillar's structure to identify its weakest point and apply force to it. A Lunar who adds their Strength to the dice cap for a seduction roll might strike a pose that flaunts their mighty, alluring thews. A Lunar who adds their Stamina to the dice cap to sail through a tempest might endure the storm and the waves with every ounce of grit they have.

How would a Solar scholar explain it?
                            They wouldn't - see above about Excellencies not being discrete things that exist in the setting.

What does it mean? What allows them to be the only Exalted who can do that?
                            At risk of reading into it too much, I think the fact that Lunars can combine two Attributes to form their dice cap speaks to their supremacy at Attributes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I don't think they've been previewed in full yet. Here's the quick version: Use only Charms of one element on your turn. At the end of your turn, you enter the corresponding Elemental Aura. Charms with the Balanced keyword won't prevent you from entering Aura regardless of their element.
                              Thanks!
                              Presumably using out-of-element charms takes you out of Aura?

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

Thanks, Meghan!

Just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

Does that mean that each vine has its own mote pool and is capable of activating the charms? I don't get the impression this is the case, but I want to make sure I understand.

Presumably having identical stats means that the vines can make savaging attacks using the bite dicepool. Is this correct?

In the same vein, in order to use Swallow Whole, the Fang Blossom has to make a savaging decisive attack and inflict 3+ points of damage. Does the core of the Fang Blossom itself have to be the one to make a decisive savaging attack that inflicts +3 damage in order to activate Swallow Whole, or can the vine inflict the damage and activate Swallow Whole? This sort of ties into my first question about the mote pool/charms.
                                Right--the vines don't have separate mote pools or use the Charms (or Resolve/Guile, for that matter), just the action dice pools and combat traits. So you've got the core plant spawning more maws and vines, and eating people when the vines drag somebody close enough, and Sensing things and using Disguise to seem innocuous. Then you've got the vines grabbing people, slithering around, smashing things, using Defend Other to protect the core, etc. They work together as a single organism--the vines aren't actually separate beings, but each vine has to be dealt with separately from a combat standpoint because it defends the core.

Yep, the vines use the Bite pool to make savage attacks. Obviously, the actual action going on there might not be biting, since the vine might be smashing you against the ground or choking you out or whatever, but it uses the same numbers.

For Swallow Whole, the core is making the savage attack and activating the Charm. You're close enough that the maw can chomp you with its teeth.

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
                                Changeling: The Lost developer
                                Mage: The Awakening developer

Comment

Working...
                                X