This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
    Is the Vale of the Reverie located on the Blessed Isle or elsewhere?
    It's on the Blessed Isle.

Also, I assume Sworn Hearths on the level of young Dynastic adventurers needs very little explanation, but how does it work for Dragons that are more established? Does Tepet Niruz have a Sworn Hearth comprised of subordinates working in the satrapy, or would their Hearthmates have been scattered across Creation thanks to duty calling them elsewhere?
    Your Sworn Kinship won't be subordinates - they are, quite literally, your kin. The members of a Hearth may go their separate ways after the youthful adventures that brought them together, but the bond between them endures. One might visit their old Hearthmates for companionship and to relive old times, or call them back together when a new peril rises.

EDIT: And a third question: Are you currently imagining Lunars still using quick character stats for their animal forms, or will they be presented in a different format for Lunar usage in particular?
    Quick character stats. It's important to me that you be able to just pull something from the animal section in the core and roll with that, very little work required.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Another Dragon-Blooded question! I'm guessing that previously, Dragons might be serving in the Legions and mixed up with one another, like a Tepet Winglord serving under a Mnemon Dragonlord or something like that, right?

With how the Legions have been reconsistuted, how did all of that work out? Can you still be a Tepet serving in a legion under a Mnemon leader in a Mnemon satrapy? Or did officers of Legions reconstituted decide to go back to their own Houses? How did all that work out?

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

• Will the concept behind Magistrates still be a thing? I liked them in 2e.

I also am hoping for a write up on Iselsi like we got for Tepet. I always liked that house cause they have somehow managed to still hold on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
          Will the concept behind Magistrates still be a thing? I liked them in 2e.
          Yes. The Magistracy will be covered in detail in the Realm.

I also am hoping for a write up on Iselsi like we got for Tepet. I always liked that house cause they have somehow managed to still hold on.
          I think you're going to be happy.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
            Another Dragon-Blooded question! I'm guessing that previously, Dragons might be serving in the Legions and mixed up with one another, like a Tepet Winglord serving under a Mnemon Dragonlord or something like that, right?

With how the Legions have been reconsistuted, how did all of that work out? Can you still be a Tepet serving in a legion under a Mnemon leader in a Mnemon satrapy? Or did officers of Legions reconstituted decide to go back to their own Houses? How did all that work out?
            When the Great Houses divided up the Imperial legions among themselves to form their new house legions, they cashiered out a lot of the season Dragon-Blooded and outcastes loyal to the Empress so that they could replace them with loyal scions of their own houses. A Dynast of House X might serve in the legions of House Y, but it's a flashpoint of change and conflict.

(Note also that if a scion of House X marries into House Y, he might end up in House Y's legions. Or he might be in House X's legions. Either way, there's lots of potential for drama if he ends up facing off against the other house).

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              Yes. The Magistracy will be covered in detail in the Realm.

I think you're going to be happy.
              Grinning ear to ear here.

Do you have any favorite changes to any houses you can share? Even if its just which house has a change you like most?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post

Grinning ear to ear here.

Do you have any favorite changes to any houses you can share? Even if its just which house has a change you like most?
                Tie between Nellens and Peleps.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How common are paternal loyalties in the Realm? Is it just taken for granted that someone's surname indicates their political affiliation, or would it be normal that a Tepet with a Ragara father who served as an attaché to his paternal grandmother might more culturally and politically identify with the interests of House Ragara?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                    How common are paternal loyalties in the Realm? Is it just taken for granted that someone's surname indicates their political affiliation, or would it be normal that a Tepet with a Ragara father who served as an attaché to his paternal grandmother might more culturally and politically identify with the interests of House Ragara?
                    A Dynast and her father will live in the mother's household, have an upbringing in the fashion typical for her mother's house, and have her education planned out by the mother and the house matriarch. All in all, this tends to inculcate a pretty strong leaning towards the house of one's birth - not every Dynast is on great terms with the house they belong to, of course, but the default is that they belong to it. Having loyalties for your father's birth house would be unusual but not impossible.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I like the idea of chasing my players with a raging Lunar who demolishes barricades and walls while running after them (Juggernaut style). Maybe more of a request than a question, but would you please add that to the Lunar book? Demolishing structures reflexively while making a rush action!

Freelancer | Content Creator
                      Twitter | Youtube | Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
                        I like the idea of chasing my players with a raging Lunar who demolishes barricades and walls while running after them (Juggernaut style). Maybe more of a request than a question, but would you please add that to the Lunar book? Demolishing structures reflexively while making a rush action!
                        No promises, but being pursued by a Lunar ought to be fucking terrifying.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do you see "Warrior, Trickster, Shaman" inspirations locked to Physical, Social, and Mental Attributes respectively, or is there overlap?

I can see Trickster tricks in Physical and Mental Attributes, Shaman tricks in Social Attributes, and Warrior tricks in anything.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                            Do you see "Warrior, Trickster, Shaman" inspirations locked to Physical, Social, and Mental Attributes respectively, or is there overlap?

I can see Trickster tricks in Physical and Mental Attributes, Shaman tricks in Social Attributes, and Warrior tricks in anything.
                            It's complicated. Some of the as-of-yet unrevealed mechanical plans I have for Lunars make it hard to give this a straight answer.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will The Realm give the point of view of the mortals?
                              In the previous editions, for example, when talking about the immaculates, they gave a detailed explanation of ranks and how the DB are raised, and they implied that 'there are also mortals somewhere'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
                                Will The Realm give the point of view of the mortals?
                                In the previous editions, for example, when talking about the immaculates, they gave a detailed explanation of ranks and how the DB are raised, and they implied that 'there are also mortals somewhere'.
                                Yes. From patrician fashion to peasant cuisine.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X