This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    No. Once the Essence of the Dragons is passed on through conception, it takes a lengthy period for the parent's progenitive potential to return to full strength. A male Dragon-Blood who went around siring a lot of bastards would be rightly seen as squandering his Essence on children unlikely to ever Exalt.
    Huh. I take it, then, that the 2nd edition story of how the DBs were originally produced (100 male, 9900 female) is being taken out back and shot?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

Huh. I take it, then, that the 2nd edition story of how the DBs were originally produced (100 male, 9900 female) is being taken out back and shot?
      It's not exactly inspiring.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

It's considered to take between twelve and twenty years for one's progenitive Essence to return to its peak. A child born before that isn't completely unable to Exalt, but it does hurt their chances, and they and their parents will face social stigma accordingly.
        I really like this, it essentially means that siblings are effectively in different generations more often than not which does even more to separate them.

So I take it that people Dynasts have little attachment to their direct family more often than not?

How does Lookshy see Dynast upbringing? Do they follow a similar mindset to child-rearing in this edition?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu View Post
          I really like this, it essentially means that siblings are effectively in different generations more often than not which does even more to separate them.
          When Tepet Arada slew the Anathema Jochim and became the Wind Dancer, his siblings were probably still being born. Ain't that wild? Big bro is a big damn hero.

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          It does a lot more than just that.

Do all the Great Houses have satrapies in each Direction, or do some tend to specialize? I noticed mention that Tepet has (or had) a fair number of Northern satrapies. Are there any other Houses which seem to have a lot invested in the North specifically?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Or in other areas?

Are you trying to stick with previous satrapies, or rethinking them from the ground up? I mean, is Paragon still a Mnemon satrapy? Is Grey Falls still Cathak? Is An-Teng still Ragara? Linowan still Pelleps? Or will it be brought up because half these places aren't going to get described again?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Why is it significant that Lunar Charms are said to have a "warrior, trickster, shaman" theme? Solar Charms can be said to have the same themes.

Am I misunderstanding what is meant by "warrior" in this context? Rather than someone practiced and skilled at combat, is it meant to evoke someone so powerful in a fight as to win regardless of his skill? In a similar way, is Shaman supposed to evoke someone who understands without prior knowledge?

But Attributes don't seem to need a special justification to apply themselves to archetypical human activities in ways agnostic to skill, art, or science.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                Why is it significant that Lunar Charms are said to have a "warrior, trickster, shaman" theme? Solar Charms can be said to have the same themes.

Am I misunderstanding what is meant by "warrior" in this context? Rather than someone practiced and skilled at combat, is it meant to evoke someone so powerful in a fight as to win regardless of his skill? In a similar way, is Shaman supposed to evoke someone who understands without prior knowledge?

But Attributes don't seem to need a special justification to apply themselves to archetypical human activities in ways agnostic to skill, art, or science.
                The archetypal roles of the Lunar Castes guide the progression of their Attribute-based Charms, along with the overarching Lunar themes of predation and symbiosis.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• What is the effect of bedding a celestial exalted have on the chance of producing dragonblooded offspring? Does it make it more or less likely to produce a dragonblooded than with another dragonblooded? Can Solar level workings restore a bloodline to peak spiritual virility?

A silly question but are artifacts that affect the chance to produce exalted children or restore the dragonbloodeds essence to peak level faster a thing?

Comment

The archetypal roles of the Lunar Castes guide the progression of their Attribute-based Charms, along with the overarching Lunar themes of predation and symbiosis.
                    How does this impact Casteless Lunars? Can they learn any Charms at all?

Would a Lunar lose all of his Charms if he lost his Tattoos, and have to learn an all-new Charmset if he created a new Caste for himself?

A different Shard like Exalted Modern or Gunstar would need whole new Lunar Charmsets?

Mental Charms are Shaman Charms? Would that get in the way of having Intelligence Charms for building traps and planning ambushes, since those are Trickster activities?
                    Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 10-05-2017, 01:20 PM.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

It's considered to take between twelve and twenty years for one's progenitive Essence to return to its peak. A child born before that isn't completely unable to Exalt, but it does hurt their chances, and they and their parents will face social stigma accordingly.
                      Ah, just the detail I needed to flesh out my Twilight Dynast's backstory.

Is the timeframe the same for mortals?

It's not exactly inspiring.
                      Yeah...

While we're on this subject, did these limits apply to the first Dragon-Blooded, or did they always breed true as in the previous edition?

Comment

• Is it ok my reading of Plague-Banishing Incitation, that the more Stamina or Resistance you have, the harder is it to succeed with the charm?

Comment

• When was the height of Sh’a Oka’s Power? During the Shogunate, or did he establish his domain in the early Second Age in the Power vacuum post-Shogunate?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Hundred-Faced Stranger is silent as to the original self's specialties; I assume that, like the original self's Abilities, personas don't have access to them.
                            That makes sense, however does Harmonius Academic Methodology and the specialties it grants transfer to personas with Lore dots?

Thanks again.

Comment

Do women face the same waiting period as men? Definitely a large change to the social dynamics either way.

Cannot wait for the Dragonblood and Realm books! Sounds like you've really been digging into some very interesting stuff.

Comment

I remember reading in a previous post, that the DB put about five years between children. Was that something different?

It does a lot more than just that.
                                Is this treated in the Db book or in The Realm?

Comment

Working...
                                X