Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When someone in the Blessed Isle wants to sell tall tales of distant countries with strange inhabitants, what direction is it usually in?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
      When someone in the Blessed Isle wants to sell tall tales of distant countries with strange inhabitants, what direction is it usually in?
      There are strange peoples in all directions, to the Realm's perspective. The West would probably be considered the most exotic, as it's the one that the Realm most recently began expanding into.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

When someone in the Blessed Isle wants to sell tall tales of distant countries with strange inhabitants, what direction is it usually in?
        Depends on what sort of country the tale describes, I guess?

EDIT: Ninja'd! By strange ninjas from a distant country.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Are there "forbidden techniques" for Martial Arts of the Non-Sidereal variety? We know of forbidden Sidereal Martial Arts (Thulio has them apparently).

Comment

Are there "forbidden techniques" for Martial Arts of the Non-Sidereal variety? We know of forbidden Sidereal Martial Arts (Thulio has them apparently).
            The core mentions potentially secret techniques that existing Martial Arts might have, mostly as a way to let Storytellers justify adding a Charm or two to an existing style. I'm sure some of them could be forbidden.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              The core mentions potentially secret techniques that existing Martial Arts might have, mostly as a way to let Storytellers justify adding a Charm or two to an existing style. I'm sure some of them could be forbidden.

But no whole forbidden arts?

Comment

But no whole forbidden arts?
                Oh, I'm sure you could have a forbidden style. Black Claw is probably considered forbidden by plenty of reputable dojos.
                Last edited by Robert Vance; 10-06-2017, 02:52 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Oh, I'm sure you could have a forbidden style. Black Claw is probably considered forbidden by plenty of dojos.
                  What villain would ever be so cruel as to bar a Black Claw practitioner from her dojo?!? [/puppydogeyes]

Comment

Progenitive Essence is expended upon conception, so nah, not a problem.
                    I'll pass that on. Thanks.

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

• Potential character idea/story thread question: How much bank could an enterprising sorcerer or worldly guru make imparting the selective conception merit to Dragonbloods through mystical means?

Secondarily, how mad would the Immaculates/Sorcerer Savants be that this person refuses to teach them how to do it?

Thirdly, how much are the contraceptive moguls going to want this guy dead?

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Could there be Thaumaturgy examples in Books of Brigid/Sorcery Book?

Comment

• Originally posted by imadaman View Post
                          Could there be Thaumaturgy examples in Books of Brigid/Sorcery Book?
                          Probably, unless we find a better place for it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
                            Potential character idea/story thread question: How much bank could an enterprising sorcerer or worldly guru make imparting the selective conception merit to Dragonbloods through mystical means?

Secondarily, how mad would the Immaculates/Sorcerer Savants be that this person refuses to teach them how to do it?

Thirdly, how much are the contraceptive moguls going to want this guy dead?
                            Dynasts in the Realm already have access to maiden tea with efficacy on par with modern contraceptives. That doesn't mean our enterprising sorcerer couldn't find a market for his services, but it's not going to be the kind of thing where you can charge hand over fist for it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Dynasts in the Realm already have access to maiden tea with efficacy on par with modern contraceptives. That doesn't mean our enterprising sorcerer couldn't find a market for his services, but it's not going to be the kind of thing where you can charge hand over fist for it.
                              Well, the idea is that you get the merit and then you never have to take maiden tea again. Also, women can guarantee a pregnancy. You get it done once, and then you're good to go for life.

Edit: I'll back off on this. It was a half-baked idea at best, and I'll just move on.
                              Last edited by Prometheus878; 10-06-2017, 04:36 PM.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Naked Fang Draw in Steel Devil Style. For the last clause of "if her results beats that of all her opponents, she gains one automatic point of Charge." is that referring to results pre or post transferring successes to Charge?

So, I obliterate everyone's JB, but I want to put the maximum amount in off-hand charge to pump up damage quick, and potentially go later to take advantage of some onslaught. Do I get the bonus?

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Working...
                                X