This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Dynasts in the Realm already have access to maiden tea with efficacy on par with modern contraceptives. That doesn't mean our enterprising sorcerer couldn't find a market for his services, but it's not going to be the kind of thing where you can charge hand over fist for it.
    I wanted to ask actually, what professions would be considered distasteful for a Dynast with good family? It seems that we have seen a spectrum of acceptable careers in the past (Brothels, Architects, Gardeners) but I am rather curious if there are any limits, especially ones that we would not think of.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
      Naked Fang Draw in Steel Devil Style. For the last clause of "if her results beats that of all her opponents, she gains one automatic point of Charge." is that referring to results pre or post transferring successes to Charge?

So, I obliterate everyone's JB, but I want to put the maximum amount in off-hand charge to pump up damage quick, and potentially go later to take advantage of some onslaught. Do I get the bonus?
      They occur simultaneously - instead of adding (Initiative transferred) to your charge, you'd add (Initiative transferred + 1) to your charge.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Out of curiosity, and I apologize if this was answered elsewhere, just what is the canon on Lunar Castes? Where there always just the three? Or were they always fluid and changing, and only later did the Lunars develop their 'stabilizing' process?

And on a completely unrelated note, just how many Intimacies can one use of the Solar Bureaucracy Charm 'Honor-Instilling Mantra' affix to an organization's charter?

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
          Out of curiosity, and I apologize if this was answered elsewhere, just what is the canon on Lunar Castes? Where there always just the three? Or were they always fluid and changing, and only later did the Lunars develop their 'stabilizing' process?
          In the First Age, there were five Castes. After the Usurpation, the Lunars remade them.

And on a completely unrelated note, just how many Intimacies can one use of the Solar Bureaucracy Charm 'Honor-Instilling Mantra' affix to an organization's charter?
          Only one at a time, I think, as it doesn't have Stackable.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Unfortunately, I've had to put the game I run on hold between new employment and deving Exalted.

One of the artifacts in Arms of the Chosen began as something I wrote for a player in my game.
            For the record, Doom and Gloam was an absolute blast to read, and helped me sell Exalted to a couple players already. Well, it was mainly Icaria, but details.

Comment

• When crafting an Artifact, do the successes used in overcoming each roll's Difficulty contribute to the overall Goal Number, or do only successes past the Difficulty count?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sagara View Post

For the record, Doom and Gloam was an absolute blast to read, and helped me sell Exalted to a couple players already. Well, it was mainly Icaria, but details.
                Thanks! One day, when the world conspires to give me free time, I will return to it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

When crafting an Artifact, do the successes used in overcoming each roll's Difficulty contribute to the overall Goal Number, or do only successes past the Difficulty count?
                  In any extended action, you only count the successes that meet or exceed the difficulty towards the goal number, e.g. if you succeeded on a difficulty 4 roll with 5 successes you would accumulate two total successes towards the goal number.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

In any extended action, you only count the successes that meet or exceed the difficulty towards the goal number, e.g. if you succeeded on a difficulty 4 roll with 5 successes you would accumulate two total successes towards the goal number.
                    Well, dang. That being the case, don't the goal numbers for Artifact creation seem...excessive?

Then again, given the supposed rarity of artifacts, I guess that may be the point. But still...

Comment

• Do the Immaculates have special buildings or religious structures besides monasteries? Like a church or shrine equivalent for people who are Immaculates, or does it not work that way?

I was reading one of the compass books and it mentioned "fanes" related to the Immaculate Philosophy and I realized I hadn't noticed that word before.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Can you give an example of the kind of Evocation a non-weapon Artifact might have?

Comment

Can you give an example of the kind of Evocation a non-weapon Artifact might have?
                          The Evocations of a blue jade sanxian might let you control the weather through music.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Just a thought, but can Artifacts or their Evocations affect the functioning of Charms, like how the old Elemental Lens could enhance energy attacks?

Comment

Just a thought, but can Artifacts or their Evocations affect the functioning of Charms, like how the old Elemental Lens could enhance energy attacks?
                              You'll see quite a bit of that in both Arms of the Chosen and What Fire Has Wrought.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SmilesWithFangs View Post
                                It would also be helpful to note what the major nations of Creation use. They would likely be similar as major nations often compete on how "just" their systems are.
                                I am going to take this opportunity to point people (the developers, writers, and even Storytellers) at Legal Systems Very Different From Ours, to emphasize how diverse real-world human societies have been on such matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X