This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SmilesWithFangs View Post
    I saw this mutation in the first edition Lunars book pg. 218. Blight: Skin-Changer. Basically it allows the mutant to change into another being by surgically removing the victim's skin and wearing it. it lasts a few days unless damaged or removed. The skin can last indefinitely if the victim is kept alive.
    Would this fit into 3ed's mutation system, be better as a thaumaturgic ritual, or should it be left out entirely?
    I know that 2ed left it out entirely, but I like the idea of Lunars being the best shapeshifters and not just the only ones who can shapeshift.
    That seems more like a thaumaturgical ritual or a spell than a mutation.

On page 215 of the 1ed Lunars book there's a "Blight: Beast Form" that seems to allow the mutant to shift into a beastman. Basically, same question for that.
    I could see a "battle mode transformation" as a mutation, although I might want to avoid being so close to Deadly Beastman Transformation.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is Magnificent Jaguar still among NPCs? Is he still Magnificent?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        They're the stuff of myth and legend, great and terrible miracles unattainable by any Dragon-Blooded sorcerer. If they face down a Lunar or Solar sorcerer, then they might bear witness to the terrifying power of the Anathema as they unleash these forbidden magics.

There is another possible for learning about the Celestial Circle. While the Heptagram's faculty is largely Dragon-Blooded, there are some Sidereals within it, and some teachers and students learn of their existence and their sorcerous potential.
        So... Did Mnemon not manage to cheat her way into Celestial Circle this time?

Comment

• Do you think you could share a few details about Lunar BeastMasters ?

Shared shape-shifting ?
          More mutation stuff ?
          Pack - managing Charms ? ("look, here's my Thousand-Wolf battle group")
          More size increase effects ? (I love those)

Thanks 😀

French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
          Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
          Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

Comment

• Has Iron Whirlwind Attack affected evocation design in Arms? I feel like I'd be leery about making strong Supplemental charms when Iron Whirlwind Attack is an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

She never did before. She summoned demons using the Emerald Thurible, who's sole power was to summon higher demons rather than full extra Circle of sorcery.
              Last edited by Blaque; 10-08-2017, 03:02 PM.

And stuff.
              Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

The Emerald Thurible and some of its Evocations are included in Mnemon's write-up, but it never gave her initiation into the Celestial Circle, just the power to summon Second Circle Demons.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Would some of the more powerful exigents not also be capable of Celestial Circle Sorcery?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                    Would some of the more powerful exigents not also be capable of Celestial Circle Sorcery?
                    It's possible, but they'd be so rare that I doubt many Dragon-Blooded would have ever had a chance to encounter, or perhaps even hear of them.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by nihnoz View Post
                      Has Iron Whirlwind Attack affected evocation design in Arms? I feel like I'd be leery about making strong Supplemental charms when Iron Whirlwind Attack is an option.
                      It certainly bears consideration, but it's not something that warps all design around it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Refhi View Post
                        Do you think you could share a few details about Lunar BeastMasters ?

Shared shape-shifting ?
                        More mutation stuff ?
                        Pack - managing Charms ? ("look, here's my Thousand-Wolf battle group")
                        More size increase effects ? (I love those)

Thanks 😀
                        While I don't have any concrete details to share, I can provide some invaluable inspiration.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

The Emerald Thurible and some of its Evocations are included in Mnemon's write-up, but it never gave her initiation into the Celestial Circle, just the power to summon Second Circle Demons.
                          Ah, so some NPCs get write-ups? Are there many? Is it generally important ones like Mnemon, or more examples of typical DBs like most of the ones in the Aspect Books?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

It's not universally seen as a punishment — for example, House Nellens will sometimes marry a scion to an un-Exalted Dynast with a strong pedigree as part of its breeding-strengthening matchmaking program — but it may invite rude comments on that Dragon-Blood's marriage prospects, especially if they were already poor to begin with, like those of House Tepet's scions.
                            To elaborate on this, being married to a mortal may be seen as a punishment by the Dragon-Blooded scion and their peers, but it's almost never intended as such; a Dragon-Blooded child is far too valuable an asset to waste on spite. While DBs usually marry other DBs, marrying one to a mortal is not uncommon, whether for political connections, pedigree, or major concessions from the mortal's parents in marriage negotiations.

(In some cases, marriage to a mortal may be a sign that the house has long-term plans for the scion, as a male Dynast normally returns to his mother's household should he outlive his marriage.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

Ah, so some NPCs get write-ups? Are there many? Is it generally important ones like Mnemon, or more examples of typical DBs like most of the ones in the Aspect Books?
                              There's a whole chapter of NPC write-ups. Many of them are notable figures in the Realm, but there are some that are just useful types of characters to drop into your game, like an itinerant Immaculate monk or a magistrate.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

They're the stuff of myth and legend, great and terrible miracles unattainable by any Dragon-Blooded sorcerer. If they face down a Lunar or Solar sorcerer, then they might bear witness to the terrifying power of the Anathema as they unleash these forbidden magics.

There is another possible for learning about the Celestial Circle. While the Heptagram's faculty is largely Dragon-Blooded, there are some Sidereals within it, and some teachers and students learn of their existence and their sorcerous potential.
                                Is the Empress known to have wielded Sapphire Circle?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                                X