Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the viability of same-sex marriage recontextualize their marriage at all?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
      Does the viability of same-sex marriage recontextualize their marriage at all?
      Not really. Same-sex marriage is recognized, but the Scarlet Dynasty's emphasis on controlling the reproductive autonomy of its Dynasts means that actually getting to marry a same-sex partner you love is no easier than any other love match, and that same-sex couples are stigmatized until they produce heirs via adoption, surrogacy, or sorcery. Kes and Szaya's arrangement is still one that makes sense in setting.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do you think we'll see optional rules for either a more defined Bureaucracy or a less crunchy Craft during this edition? One of these is the most crunchy system in the game and the other is the least, so I'm curious if we might see variant rules that swap which is which or similar.

Comment

• Do you guys have any recommendations for the average numbers of Sorcerous notes you expect shaping rituals to give per turn and the like? Is there a number range you prefer for them?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
            Do you guys have any recommendations for the average numbers of Sorcerous notes you expect shaping rituals to give per turn and the like? Is there a number range you prefer for them?
            It depends on how the ritual pays out its motes. The ones in the core are basically an example of how I'd expect the math to play out for similarly timed rituals.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Flare View Post
              Do you think we'll see optional rules for either a more defined Bureaucracy or a less crunchy Craft during this edition? One of these is the most crunchy system in the game and the other is the least, so I'm curious if we might see variant rules that swap which is which or similar.
              The Storyteller's Guide would be a good place for alternative rules.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I am trying to work some basic warstriders in my campaign but it is a pain delaying it until arms so I have some basic questions so I can fake it till its released.

Does a warstrider increase the users physical attributes while using it in some way? If so is this increase treated as bonus dice(charm or noncharm?) or a base stat increase?

How much is the average health pool of a warstrider and do they interact with the temp health from temp health or soak giving/increasing charms?

What is the dot rating of the lowest level warstrider?

Do any warstriders have evocations that improve the power of the Legendary Size Merit (Like making you need more than 10 dice over soak to deal last bit of imitative)

Do warstriders have their own mote reserve?

Also I know you have mentioned before that gunzosha are not in arms but can we get any basic idea how non exalted use them?

Thanks for answering any of these questions but I will understand if you don't/can't because of things being up in the air and/or not wanted to spoil to much of arms before release.
                Last edited by WalkingEye; 10-08-2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                  Does a warstrider increase the users physical attributes while using it in some way? If so is this increase treated as bonus dice(charm or noncharm?) or a base stat increase?
                  Warstriders have their own Strength rating, which the pilot uses in place of their own.

How much is the average health pool of a warstrider and do they interact with the temp health from temp health or soak giving/increasing charms?
                  The typical warstrider health track is -0x5/-1x5/-2x10/-4x10/Incap. Things that give the pilot temporary health levels or soak won't add to the warstrider's health levels or soak.

What is the dot rating of the lowest level warstrider?
                  Five.

Do any warstriders have evocations that improve the power of the Legendary Size Merit (Like making you need more than 10 dice over soak to deal last bit of imitative)
                  They can.

Do warstriders have their own mote reserve?
                  No.

Also I know you have mentioned before that gunshoza are not in arms but can we get any basic idea how non exalted use them?
                  Mortals can attune them and awaken their Evocations, but at great cost to their lifespan.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is there a hard limit on how many shaping rituals a sorcerer can know?

Comment

• Thanks so much for the answers! If you do not mind I have a few more my players brought up.

Since they have their own str track what is the low end of their base str?

how many talents of magical materials should it take to make one?

Are they first age artifice as mentioned in the core book.

Are you looking through a slot in the armor or are there base magic optics. Also Do I have to yell from inside to be hear or is their some sort of sound system in them so I can intimidate my enemies while in the armor?

Since Gunzosha armors use a mortals lifespan to equip and don them. Are they treated as exalted for the base purpose of avoiding some charm effects that just take out normal mortals? Also will non exalted be able to use their evocations by sacrificing months/years of their lives?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                        Since they have their own str track what is the low end of their base str?
                        Their Strength scales with the physical strength and training of their pilot. Low end is 5.

how many talents of magical materials should it take to make one?
                        The only place that ever really talks about artifact construction in terms of talents is one line in Wyld-Shaping Technique, which says that a grand daiklave takes about five talents. That's, uh, obviously not terribly helpful. I'd guess it's somewhere on the order of dozens of talents to make an average-size warstrider, maybe as many as a hundred.

Are they first age artifice as mentioned in the core book.
                        Yes.

Are you looking through a slot in the armor or are there base magic optics. Also Do I have to yell from inside to be hear or is their some sort of sound system in them so I can intimidate my enemies while in the armor?
                        Baseline is that you're just looking out a slot in the helmet, but some warstriders might have more sophisticated sensory or audio systems.

Since Gunzosha armors use a mortals lifespan to equip and don them. Are they treated as exalted for the base purpose of avoiding some charm effects that just take out normal mortals? Also will non exalted be able to use their evocations by sacrificing months/years of their lives?
                        I haven't drilled down into the specifics of what their Evocations and costs will look like yet.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                          Is there a hard limit on how many shaping rituals a sorcerer can know?
                          Not really. The only current way to get them is back taking [X] Circle Sorcery Charms, which gives Solars a cap of 3, but there's nothing saying you couldn't make a homebrew effect that unlocks more.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            The Storyteller's Guide would be a good place for alternative rules.
                            I'd like to request some advanced Literature rules as well, because some of the Solar Lit charms seem like they're trying to leverage a research system or something else that makes books and libraries really important. Otherwise several of the charms seem a bit expensive.

Expanded uses for Medicine and some Alchemy rules would be nice too.

Placeholder

Comment

• Since Gunzosha armor is seriously injurious to a mortal's lifespan to use, should we expect that most "Mortal Use" Artifacts will have similarly steep costs? Or would it be ok to have a minor artifact that was either always on or simply required an effort of will to use instead of something more serious?

Placeholder

Comment

• What’s the significance behind the term “PATRician” in a matriarchal society? Or is this a “they’re not actually speaking English, don’t think about it” situation?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                                X