Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the peasant families in the realm also matriarchal?

Am i playing the rules if i task a demon to enter a Yasal Crystal and give me its powers?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
      Since Gunzosha armor is seriously injurious to a mortal's lifespan to use, should we expect that most "Mortal Use" Artifacts will have similarly steep costs? Or would it be ok to have a minor artifact that was either always on or simply required an effort of will to use instead of something more serious?
      That's always been Gunzosha armor's deal. Not all mortal-usable artifacts need necessarily follow. You aren't going to lose decades of your lifespan because you have a winterbreath jar.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        What’s the significance behind the term “PATRician” in a matriarchal society? Or is this a “they’re not actually speaking English, don’t think about it” situation?
        No special significance. "Matrician" would just sound weird to folks unacquainted with it, i.e. everyone.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Let's say a character, after achieving legendary gunsmithing ability, manages to creates a functioning revolver-like firewand able to hold multiple charges and fire a certain number of times before needing to reload.

Will the use of Cloud of Ebon Devil recharge all the shots for the weapon in an action or only one?

Join the Strife

Comment

• So, in an ask the dev's summary from some time back, John mentioned a concept he was pushing (specifically in regards to Exigents) called ecstatic design. The idea of it was appealing to me, at least in as much as it was described, so I have three questions around that. Is this concept of ecstatic design still floating around or in use? Is it something that has any bearing on how the evocations of artifacts might be developed and expanded. And finally, if it is relevant to artifacts, will we see any reference to it (by name or otherwise) in Arms?

Comment

• I just remembered a few questions relating to battlegroups and the engage action that've been in the back of my head for a while:

-If a battle group is given a Command action to Engage a target, they get the order bonus to their attack roll, control roll, and then the attack roll of the resulting Savageing attack as well? (since dice are added to all actions per the bit on p.210)

-When a battle group takes an engage action, does this only affect a single character (the section in the book refers to 'the target'), or is it an area thing like their normal attack and they swarm everyone within range?

-If a battle group has a target pinned with an engage action, do they then make area attacks on other opponents around them, or do they only savage their pinned target?

-Can a battlegroup have more than one target Engaged at a time by Engaging on subsequent turns (assuming it's a single target action)? Would they then savage all their pinned targets at once?

Comment

• Originally posted by serGregness View Post
                -If a battle group is given a Command action to Engage a target, they get the order bonus to their attack roll, control roll, and then the attack roll of the resulting Savageing attack as well? (since dice are added to all actions per the bit on p.210)
                I think it'd add to all of them.

-When a battle group takes an engage action, does this only affect a single character (the section in the book refers to 'the target'), or is it an area thing like their normal attack and they swarm everyone within range?
                Single target.

-If a battle group has a target pinned with an engage action, do they then make area attacks on other opponents around them, or do they only savage their pinned target?
                I think they could savage the engaged target, or make a standard area attack, but not both.

-Can a battlegroup have more than one target Engaged at a time by Engaging on subsequent turns (assuming it's a single target action)?
                No.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Maltry View Post
                  So, in an ask the dev's summary from some time back, John mentioned a concept he was pushing (specifically in regards to Exigents) called ecstatic design. The idea of it was appealing to me, at least in as much as it was described, so I have three questions around that. Is this concept of ecstatic design still floating around or in use? Is it something that has any bearing on how the evocations of artifacts might be developed and expanded. And finally, if it is relevant to artifacts, will we see any reference to it (by name or otherwise) in Arms?
                  I'm familiar with the concept, but I don't really see much difference between it and just...designing things well. I don't really care about what my particular method is called.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                    Let's say a character, after achieving legendary gunsmithing ability, manages to creates a functioning revolver-like firewand able to hold multiple charges and fire a certain number of times before needing to reload.

Will the use of Cloud of Ebon Devil recharge all the shots for the weapon in an action or only one?
                    I'd be inclined to only let it reload one chamber, but if you and your Storyteller have worked it out so that you feel it's balanced for a single reload action to refill all of them, sure.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
                      Are the peasant families in the realm also matriarchal?
                      As above, so below.

Am i playing the rules if i task a demon to enter a Yasal Crystal and give me its powers?
                      The (tenuous) balance of yasal crystals is built around requiring you to bargain with the bound spirit for access to its powers. If you've bound a demon to serve you loyally for a year and a day, and you order it into a crystal, then sure, I guess you get to short circuit that. If you task bind a demon to stay in the crystal forever, then you're still going to have to bargain with it separately each time you want to access its power.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• How do gods get added onto the Immaculate Order's worship calendar (presuming the non-kungfu to the face variation of joining)?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• I just got an image in my head of a god sitting in some office filling out application forms and now I want to know too.

Comment

• Do you imagine Necromancy in Third Edition might still be able to cast some spells from Sorcery? Will there be any overlap for Necromancy to use certain spells from Sorcery?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                              Do you imagine Necromancy in Third Edition might still be able to cast some spells from Sorcery? Will there be any overlap for Necromancy to use certain spells from Sorcery?
                              Yeah. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                                How do gods get added onto the Immaculate Order's worship calendar (presuming the non-kungfu to the face variation of joining)?
                                The creation, promulgation, and revision of prayer calendars gets addressed in the Realm.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X