Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vance, you continue to be an absolute boss for taking all our questions!

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Yeah. 10char
    Is the reverse also true? Are sorcerers able to learns a subset of necromancy spells?

Are there any plans to eventually write up a sorcery archetype that adapts the old five stations of sorcery? I love the hell out of the new framework for sorcery in this edition, but there was also a lot of cool stuff in the old model that'd be a shame to lose completely.

Around how many fully initiated sorcerers does someplace like the Heptagram turn out with each graduating class?

How do Adamant Skin Technique and Aegis of Invincible Might interact with Warstriders?

Comment

• Originally posted by serGregness View Post
      Is the reverse also true? Are sorcerers able to learns a subset of necromancy spells?
      No, necromancy has some unique secrets.

Are there any plans to eventually write up a sorcery archetype that adapts the old five stations of sorcery? I love the hell out of the new framework for sorcery in this edition, but there was also a lot of cool stuff in the old model that'd be a shame to lose completely.
      Not currently planning to, but mostly because of the ease of adapting it via homebrew.

Around how many fully initiated sorcerers does someplace like the Heptagram turn out with each graduating class?
      I suspect that number fluctuates from class to class.

How do Adamant Skin Technique and Aegis of Invincible Might interact with Warstriders?
      Things that buff your personal natural soak, Hardness, or health levels won't interact with your warstrider's, because it has its own independent traits. Things that care about your total armored soak, like Adamant Skin Technique, or that provide defensive bonuses that don't directly interact with those traits, work normally.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        I suspect that number fluctuates from class to class.
        Oh! Yeah, I wasn't trying to get you to commit to a specific number or anything. I have a player who wants to start his own sorcerous academy so having some kind of vague ballpark figure for the Heptagram (which I'm assuming would be the high end for such an institution in the current age due to its entrenched support) would be useful for judging where this particular project should end up, at least for the short term.

Hmm, that actually leads me to a couple other questions: Is the Heptagram the preeminent institution of its kind? Are there any other schools in its 'weight class'? Are there plans to discuss any such institutions in coming books?

Comment

• Originally posted by serGregness View Post
          Hmm, that actually leads me to a couple other questions: Is the Heptagram the preeminent institution of its kind? Are there any other schools in its 'weight class'? Are there plans to discuss any such institutions in coming books?
          The Heptagram is the preeminent school of its kind. Lookshy's Valkhawsen Academy of Sorcery might be comparable, but it lacks some of the Heptagram's key advantages (larger Dragon-Blooded population to draw faculty and staff from, Sidereal assistance, etc).

Other schools, mystery cults, and esoteric societies of sorcery certainly exist throughout Creation. I think that the sorcery book makes the most sense for a lengthy discussion of them, but any setting material could include one.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            That's always been Gunzosha armor's deal. Not all mortal-usable artifacts need necessarily follow. You aren't going to lose decades of your lifespan because you have a winterbreath jar.
            Then, if we were homebrewing our own Gunzosha armor, we should make the Evocations and other powers worth the cost of giving up of years of lifespan, rather than assuming "years of life" is a "standard" cost for mortal use things?

Or should I just wait for Arms and use the "Mortal-Ok" artifacts in that book to calibrate my benchmarks?

Placeholder

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

Then, if we were homebrewing our own Gunzosha armor, we should make the Evocations and other powers worth the cost of giving up of years of lifespan, rather than assuming "years of life" is a "standard" cost for mortal use things?
              Worth it, but for mortals. Exalted just spend motes on 'em.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Just saw the Monday Meeting Notes saying Arms is in proofing, and I know there's no way to really predict these things, but if you had to guess, what would you say the odds were for a Wednesday release?

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                  Just saw the Monday Meeting Notes saying Arms is in proofing, and I know there's no way to really predict these things, but if you had to guess, what would you say the odds were for a Wednesday release?
                  All the proofing stuff we sent back is still going to have to be implemented. I wouldn't expect a release this week.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Just saw the Monday Meeting Notes saying Arms is in proofing, and I know there's no way to really predict these things, but if you had to guess, what would you say the odds were for a Wednesday release?
                    Vance and I finished proofing, but that just means that we finished marking up everything on the proofs that needs correcting. The design team still has to implement those changes, and then we'll have to go over the revised proofs to make sure they're clean. So I'm afraid that Wednesday is off the table. Sorry!

Edit: Ninja'd again!

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Ah well. C'st la vie.

New question: do created intelligences come up at all in Arms? Or living Artifacts, for that matter?

Comment

New question: do created intelligences come up at all in Arms? Or living Artifacts, for that matter?
                        There are a few examples.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do ghosts have problems operating during the day in Creation?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Can craft(First Age) be used with Geomancy to create a First Age Manse?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                              Do ghosts have problems operating during the day in Creation?
                              It's likely uncomfortable for them, and certain ghostly Charms might encounter some obstacles in daylight, but there's not a universal-level weakness.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
                                Can craft(First Age) be used with Geomancy to create a First Age Manse?
                                I'm not sure we're going to make that an official category of thing, although I can see some good arguments for doing so. If we do address it, it'd likely be in a book on manses.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X