This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Yes. Dragon-Blooded monks of the Immaculate Order have an understanding of the other Exalted that is essentially true, as compared to Dragon-Blooded who aren't interested in studying theology extensively and just know that the Lunar Anathema are bad news.
    Does this hold for other representative practitioners of other branches of the Immaculate philosophy such as Lookshy's chaplainry and souhei, too?

Comment

• How much time does it take in game to create a new spell? I can't seem to find any reference to the creation of new ones in the Ex3 Core.

And does creating new spells require an ability roll as it did in 2E?
      Last edited by armyofwhispers; 10-10-2017, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• I was looking at the stats for Gemstone Ocean Hero on Eric's blog, and the write-up for the Vitriol variation of (Element) Protected Form got me to thinking; given the new system of Dragon-Blooded Charms potentially having multiple elemental effects, is it possible for Vitriol-aspected effects to be used as secret, heretical techniques, used by Terrestrial Akuma or the Demonic Dragon-Blooded referenced in the Modern Age section of Shards of the Exalted Dream?

Comment

• Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
          How much time does it take in game to create a new spell? I can't seem to find any reference to the creation of new ones in the Ex3 Core.

And does creating new spells require an ability roll as it did in 2E?
          There aren't any special rules for creating a new spell, as opposed to just learning one normally. If you want to make a point of the character creating it, I'd recommend a sorcerous montage, rather than a strict time limit.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
            I was looking at the stats for Gemstone Ocean Hero on Eric's blog, and the write-up for the Vitriol variation of (Element) Protected Form got me to thinking; given the new system of Dragon-Blooded Charms potentially having multiple elemental effects, is it possible for Vitriol-aspected effects to be used as secret, heretical techniques, used by Terrestrial Akuma or the Demonic Dragon-Blooded referenced in the Modern Age section of Shards of the Exalted Dream?
            The Dragon-Blooded are the Chosen of the Five Elemental Dragons, not the Chosen of Every Possible Element. While it's fine if a Storyteller wants to run with that in their own games, a Dragon-Blood like Lintha Ng Hut Dukantha is likely going to have unique powers reflecting the patronage of Kimbery (in his case), rather than a generic set of Vitriol-aspected magic.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will there be infernal charms inspired by yozi we never got access to in 2e? Like metagos, isidoros, szoreny, and oramus?

Comment

There aren't any special rules for creating a new spell, as opposed to just learning one normally. If you want to make a point of the character creating it, I'd recommend a sorcerous montage, rather than a strict time limit.
                Given spells are the one thing that Solars can't innovate on their own (even MA can be recreated and learned without a teacher but not spells) this might be a thing to add in the near future. While it generates story potential, it gets a little irksome when creating a sorcerous character to give them an artifact spell book to learn from or require they have a sidereal/lunar/misc.other teacher on the character sheet to gain new spells in game. IMO, YMMV, etc.

Odd_Canuck is not a topical medication or food product and is not to be taken internally or seriously.

Comment

• Is it even possible to bring back the Four Arguments of Virtue styles, given that dot-rated Virtues are not a thing in Ex3?

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
                    Is it even possible to bring back the Four Arguments of Virtue styles, given that dot-rated Virtues are not a thing in Ex3?
                    Yes, it is.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
                      Will there be infernal charms inspired by yozi we never got access to in 2e? Like metagos, isidoros, szoreny, and oramus?
                      Yes. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Odd_Canuck View Post
                        Given spells are the one thing that Solars can't innovate on their own (even MA can be recreated and learned without a teacher but not spells) this might be a thing to add in the near future. While it generates story potential, it gets a little irksome when creating a sorcerous character to give them an artifact spell book to learn from or require they have a sidereal/lunar/misc.other teacher on the character sheet to gain new spells in game. IMO, YMMV, etc.
                        Noted! I'll add it to the docket for the sorcery book.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Wait, are you saying that there's no difference between creating a new spell and learning one from an ancient tome or are you saying you normally can't make anew spell (at least in character)?

Comment

• Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post

Wait, are you saying that there's no difference between creating a new spell and learning one from an ancient tome or are you saying you normally can't make anew spell (at least in character)?
                            First one.

As Odd Canuck points out, the character advancement rules require you to have a tutor or source for a spell you're going to learn, which throws a kink into my "making spells is exactly the same mechanically as learning existing spells" proposal. Until we lay down an official solution to that kink, my recommendation is still that it takes the same amount of time and doesn't require any rolls, but takes an interesting sorcerous montage, narrative event, or moment of character development that takes roughly the same amount of effort as finding a tutor would.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does the Shogunate get any interesting write-ups in either of the upcoming Dragon-Blooded books? Is it something you're looking to address in-depth later in the edition once the 'crucial' books are out?

Comment

• Are we going to get get storyteller chapters with advice on things, like I don't know how to run a proper montage, or Intimacies advice?

I hear the new Exalt Type books are somewhat smaller, but that still means that the Lunars and Friends will still get traditionally huge hardbacks yeah? Like comparing the Garou Players Guide to the Hengeyokai book, one is a slightly bigger splatbook, and another is a decent hardcover.

What would a good basic role for a ride attack be, Ride + Dexterity + (Lets say an artifact mount like a motorcyle with a chomping mouth) Artifact Heavy Melee weapon?

How easy is it to share Senses with Familiar? A player of mine was really wanting to Charles Xavier that Sh!t, and wanted constant mind link, and I was arbitrating weighing on it being a level 3 rather medium animal (Lynx).

Do mortals in general have the same basic Familiar connections as Exalts?

Are generally God Panoply Charms channeled through their Artifact something that's learned/replicated if the god Dies and someone else gets their weapon?

Do Martials Arts that use barehanded attacks in general allow for grapples?

Do Godblooded animals get more leeway in being magically cool then human Demigods? I mean a Horse Demigod can compare to a T-rex and in general a horse probably won't, but a human Demigod may just get Mighty Thews and a habit of scrounging up edible Lichen when his buddies are starving and frostbiting too death.

Is the Hundred Demon Night Parade the Bestiary book that was talked about awhile ago, or is it just an NPC book and the Bestiary book is some other future project?

How is it represented on the Ifrits end that they can just magically initiate people through sorcery, a special merit or charm? Or just hey man they are elemental and sorcerous, don't look too deeply into it?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
                                X