Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What MA styles are likely to be in the sid book? Any SMA?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
      What MA styles are likely to be in the sid book? Any SMA?
      Violet Bier of Sorrows, Throne Shadow, maaaybe Monkey, and a whole bunch of SMA.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by serGregness View Post
        Does the Shogunate get any interesting write-ups in either of the upcoming Dragon-Blooded books? Is it something you're looking to address in-depth later in the edition once the 'crucial' books are out?
        There are some Shogunate-era artifacts in Arms of the Chosen and What Fire Has Wrought, and it gets touched on in both of the Dragon-Blooded books. An in-depth portrayal of the Shogunate, however, is going to have to wait quite a while.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
          Are we going to get get storyteller chapters with advice on things, like I don't know how to run a proper montage, or Intimacies advice?
          We're interested in doing a full Storyteller's Guide that will contain that kind of advice among other things.

I hear the new Exalt Type books are somewhat smaller, but that still means that the Lunars and Friends will still get traditionally huge hardbacks yeah? Like comparing the Garou Players Guide to the Hengeyokai book, one is a slightly bigger splatbook, and another is a decent hardcover.
          The classic Exalted will get hardbacks.

What would a good basic role for a ride attack be, Ride + Dexterity + (Lets say an artifact mount like a motorcyle with a chomping mouth) Artifact Heavy Melee weapon?
          I'd treat an artifact mount with its own attacks as just having its own attacks like any mount, rather than having the rider roll them.

How easy is it to share Senses with Familiar? A player of mine was really wanting to Charles Xavier that Sh!t, and wanted constant mind link, and I was arbitrating weighing on it being a level 3 rather medium animal (Lynx).
          You need Spirit-Tied Pet or comparable magic.

Do mortals in general have the same basic Familiar connections as Exalts?
          Same baseline, but can't enhance it with Charms.

Are generally God Panoply Charms channeled through their Artifact something that's learned/replicated if the god Dies and someone else gets their weapon?
          Those are Evocations, so possibly.

Do Martials Arts that use barehanded attacks in general allow for grapples?
          Yes.

Do Godblooded animals get more leeway in being magically cool then human Demigods? I mean a Horse Demigod can compare to a T-rex and in general a horse probably won't, but a human Demigod may just get Mighty Thews and a habit of scrounging up edible Lichen when his buddies are starving and frostbiting too death.
          A small minority of God-Blooded, both human and animals, are going to be significantly powerful, with Charms and such. The vast majority are just going to have a touch of the divine. For three-dot familiars, the former is fine.

Is the Hundred Demon Night Parade the Bestiary book that was talked about awhile ago, or is it just an NPC book and the Bestiary book is some other future project?
          Yes, it's the bestiary.

How is it represented on the Ifrits end that they can just magically initiate people through sorcery, a special merit or charm? Or just hey man they are elemental and sorcerous, don't look too deeply into it?
          All you need to teach someone the secrets of sorcery is 1) to know the secrets of sorcery yourself and 2) to actually teach it to them.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            All you need to teach someone the secrets of sorcery is 1) to know the secrets of sorcery yourself and 2) to actually teach it to them.
            And, of course, 3) Make sure he doesn't kill you in your sleep… right?

(Just spitballing here, but my guess is that the capacity to teach sorcery is not a baseline part of the Ifrit, since the initiation in question specifies an Ifrit Lord. That this mentor is a notable presence even among Ifrits.)

If I wanted to substitute a powerful air elemental for an Ifrit Lord to teach sorcery…

1) which kind would you recommend?
            2) which Merits would you suggest?
            Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 10-11-2017, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Would it ever be viable for a "safe landing" Charm to allow someone to recover from being thrown (or knocked back by Heaven Thunder Hammer) such that they take no damage from the surface they strike?

Like how Tifa is thrown in Advent Children, but she catches herself and then launches off for a counter assault.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Does the underworld inhibit things like Willpower regeneration from rest?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                  Does the underworld inhibit things like Willpower regeneration from rest?
                  No. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Any advice on sources for the Underworld? Are the older editions, but with vast rivers and seas, a good starting place?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Violet Bier of Sorrows, Throne Shadow, maaaybe Monkey, and a whole bunch of SMA.

Prismatic arragement of creation?

Comment

• How are SMA being structured this time around? Are they basically 100% mastery effects or are there gonna be another level (either above mastery or the same power level as mastery but different) since the Sidereals "[...] have their own esoteric methods for accessing [mastery] effects."?

Comment

• What does "Exalted" mean as an in setting term for:
                          1) everyday unexalted Immac Order lay person?
                          2) Joe Scavenger Lander who doesn't subscribe to any large religion but pays due to local harvest/health/happiness gods?
                          3) Dragonblooded not affiliated with the Imac Ord?

By which I'm asking, does the term Exalted evoke in the populace an expectation of righteousness or community? I know this is a complicated question given the cynicysm of people of all stripes in Creation, but if Exalted is an in-setting term than I imagine it evokes... something?

If Solar Socrates evokes an intimacy of an immaculate (mortal) priest that "The Exalted safeguard humanity" while having already proven to the teacher that Solar Exalted are "Exalted" how might this be filtered through a given immaculate thought base?

Err, okay, I concede that's likely hella dependent on the individual in question too. What I mean is, what are the expectations and responsibilities assumed for "the Exalted" that would not also be placed on any individual of substantial power in the setting? It seems to me that the reigning dogma of Creation assume that the only "Exalted" as used in common parlence in Creation are the Dragonblooded, so then I go back to what the term means in the contemporary setting to those who don't have the specialized knowledge of, say, a certified Immaculate Dragonnlooded? Would the term be used at all?

Sorry for the tediousness of the question, trying to nail down how the range of expectations and generalizations my group will run into as they expand beyond our homebrew region.

Thanks!

Blasphemy? No, it is not blasphemy. If God is as vast as that, he is above blasphemy; if He is as little as that, He is beneath it.
                          - Mark Twain, a Biography

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                            Any advice on sources for the Underworld? Are the older editions, but with vast rivers and seas, a good starting place?
                            Ex3's portrayal is moving away from past editions in some of the geographic details, although I am a fan of much of the material in the First Edition Abyssals book.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
                              How are SMA being structured this time around? Are they basically 100% mastery effects or are there gonna be another level (either above mastery or the same power level as mastery but different) since the Sidereals "[...] have their own esoteric methods for accessing [mastery] effects."?
                              Sidereals will likely have some advantages when practicing SMA that Solars can't equal.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Janissary87 View Post
                                What does "Exalted" mean as an in setting term for:
                                1) everyday unexalted Immac Order lay person?
                                2) Joe Scavenger Lander who doesn't subscribe to any large religion but pays due to local harvest/health/happiness gods?
                                3) Dragonblooded not affiliated with the Imac Ord?
                                For all three of them, it primarily means the same thing: the Dragon-Blooded. If a native of the Scavenger Lands has had some contact with Lunars, Exigents, or who proclaim themselves as Exalted, they may understand them as such. In that case, they would say that the common factor between the Dragon-Blooded and, say, a Lunar, that makes them both Exalted, is that they are heroes chosen by the gods.

What I mean is, what are the expectations and responsibilities assumed for "the Exalted" that would not also be placed on any individual of substantial power in the setting??
                                Beyond those that the Immaculates promulgate for Dragon-Blooded, there are no widespread expectations or responsibilities for the Exalted. Individual societies may have their own ideas, based on what contact they've had with the Exalted over the years, and individual Exalted might have their own opinions of them, but there is no universal source of responsibilities or duties for them.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X