Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a developer, don't post responses. This is not a discussion thread. Darksider
    Last edited by Darksider; 10-12-2017, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Considering the length of the Exalted year are there any changes to normal things? Are people living the same number of days as a person in their same situation on a normal 365 calendar therefor dying "Younger". Are Pregnancies still 9 months long or are they longer/shorter?

Comment

• Will infernal necromancy be connected to ebon dragon inspired occult?

How good are liminals are necromancy?

Will there be necromantic initiations?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
          Will infernal necromancy be connected to ebon dragon inspired occult?
          While they'll likely have Ebon Dragon Occult that deals with death and the Underworld, I'm not sure if it'll be necessary for them to learn necromancy.

How good are liminals are necromancy?
          Better than Dragon-Blooded, not as good as Lunars.

Will there be necromantic initiations?
          Probably. I've already written one; it'd be a shame to let it go to waste.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
            Considering the length of the Exalted year are there any changes to normal things? Are people living the same number of days as a person in their same situation on a normal 365 calendar therefor dying "Younger". Are Pregnancies still 9 months long or are they longer/shorter?
            That's something that's traditionally been handwaved away, and I don't see much reason to change that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
              The effect of soul lose for a victim of Mara or a sorcerer initiated by Mara, is the same as what the fair folk do?
              Not quite. Mara and her sorcerers can consume the entire soul, plunging the victim in a coma that leads to death from deprivation unless a solution is rapidly found. The dream-eaten victims of the Fair Folk can still be put to use as slave labor.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by serGregness View Post
                Unrelated to that, How tall is the Imperial Mountain?
                The Ex3 core describes it as "miles high," which I think precludes it from being hundreds of miles high. It's the highest point in Creation, and visible from everywhere on the Blessed Isle.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

Better than Dragon-Blooded, not as good as Lunars.
                  Will Lunars be able to use Second-Circle Necromancy this edition? I think last edition they could only use First-Circle Necromancy, which I thought was a bit sad for Lunars with totems like crows or vultures or big black hounds.
                  (Obviously they shouldn't have third-circle necromancy)

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• I know you haven't written necromancy yet but I'm curious. So far, I don't think anyone has ever had access to both Adamant Sorcery and Void Necromancy at the same time. Is that just a setting issue or do you think it would be horribly broken to have both at once? Are you planning to include some synergy between the two forms of magic or do they not really interact?

Placeholder

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

Will Lunars be able to use Second-Circle Necromancy this edition? I think last edition they could only use First-Circle Necromancy, which I thought was a bit sad for Lunars with totems like crows or vultures or big black hounds.
                      (Obviously they shouldn't have third-circle necromancy)
                      That's the plan.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                        I know you haven't written necromancy yet but I'm curious. So far, I don't think anyone has ever had access to both Adamant Sorcery and Void Necromancy at the same time. Is that just a setting issue or do you think it would be horribly broken to have both at once? Are you planning to include some synergy between the two forms of magic or do they not really interact?
                        It's more that if Solars have both, they're definitionally better necromancers than the Abyssals, and vice versa.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• What about sidereals?

Also does this mean "anathema are necromancers" is a stereotype now? If Lunars were the only ones to get it at second circle for most of the past couple of millennia...

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                            What about sidereals?
                            Sidereals remain unchanged.

Also does this mean "anathema are necromancers" is a stereotype now? If Lunars were the only ones to get it at second circle for most of the past couple of millennia...
                            You look at necromancy and tell Peleps Deled that isn't Anathema magic.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

That's the plan.
                              Would Lunars or Sidereals learning second tier necromancy involve a trade off of cutting off second tier Sorcery (like the Dragon of a Different Color trade off)? Or do they get to be as good as Solars at Necromancy while maintaining their normal Sorcery access?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

It's more that if Solars have both, they're definitionally better necromancers than the Abyssals, and vice versa.

A sorcerous Exigent would be able to have both, or would that be too much?

Comment

Working...
                                X