This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Would Lunars or Sidereals learning second tier necromancy involve a trade off of cutting off second tier Sorcery (like the Dragon of a Different Color trade off)? Or do they get to be as good as Solars at Necromancy while maintaining their normal Sorcery access?
    I think it fits Lunars (and Solars) to be able to get to second circle in both. I don't imagine that being a tremendously advantageous character-building choice mechanically, but if you want to do it, you can.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do not post replies if you are not a developer. This is not a discussion thread. Darksider
      Last edited by Darksider; 10-12-2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post

A sorcerous Exigent would be able to have both, or would that be too much?
        Exigents are a mechanical wild card—if you want to design an Exigent that's able to do X, well, it's not like the design rules are going to stop you. I might disagree with X, and the rules might caution against X or point out some of the balancing implications of X, but in the end, the Storyteller is the one who makes that call, not me.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
          I have a player who's character wants to go to the underworld and retrieve his wife's soul.
          Knowing this is basically a tragedy written on it, I do have a question.
          How are ghosts different then they were in life? are they exagerated versions, more ruled by desires? are they subdued, more whisps of what they were? Does it take centuries for souls to drift from recongition?
          Looks like this one got lost in flood of q's, but as it's pertinent to my game as well (I'm thinkimg my players Solar will get an Amnesiac Liminal out of the bargain instead of the mentor she wanted to resurrect) so reposting Q for you.

I imagine it's a tricky balance between "ghosts are non-people and no one should feel bad about their demise/torture/enslavement" and "ghosts are totally that dead person, who cares about death if you can just become a ghost".

Blasphemy? No, it is not blasphemy. If God is as vast as that, he is above blasphemy; if He is as little as that, He is beneath it.
          - Mark Twain, a Biography

Comment

• Have you guys thought about Lunar character creation at all? I was wondering how similar it would be to Solar character creation (in 2nd ed they had 3 less charms, higher costs for backgrounds and essence, 3 less abilities, and 1 more attribute dot. And couldn't start with a virtue at 4 without spending freebies, but then neither that nor the essence matters now).

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
              Have you guys thought about Lunar character creation at all? I was wondering how similar it would be to Solar character creation (in 2nd ed they had 3 less charms, higher costs for backgrounds and essence, 3 less abilities, and 1 more attribute dot. And couldn't start with a virtue at 4 without spending freebies, but then neither that nor the essence matters now).
              What I'll say is that I wasn't a fan of 2E Lunar Chargen.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Fair enough. Thanks.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  Will there be necromantic initiations?
                  Probably. I've already written one; it'd be a shame to let it go to waste.
                  What theme concepts would your recommend for necromantic initiations that we could homebrew? Like, what experience(s) could lead you to be initiated into necromancy?
                  I doubt you'll do this, but feel free to use your written initiation as an example. ;D

Hi, I'm Smiles With Fangs. I backed Exalted 3rd edition, but I can't make the image I have smaller so here's a kitten

I made some Liminal Charms here I made some Evocations for Wood Dragon's Claws here I'm working on a splat for the Moonsilver Warriors here

Comment

• I have a player who's character wants to go to the underworld and retrieve his wife's soul.
                    Knowing this is basically a tragedy written on it, I do have a question.
                    How are ghosts different then they were in life? are they exagerated versions, more ruled by desires? are they subdued, more whisps of what they were? Does it take centuries for souls to drift from recongition?
                    We haven't comprehensively worked out the way ghosts work, yet. I definitely don't think all ghosts run on exactly the same rules.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SmilesWithFangs View Post

What theme concepts would your recommend for necromantic initiations that we could homebrew? Like, what experience(s) could lead you to be initiated into necromancy?
                      I doubt you'll do this, but feel free to use your written initiation as an example. ;D
                      Grew up in a shadowland and studied the strange signs and warped portents that marked it. Studied under the tutelage of a nephwrack queen. Got possessed by the ghost of an ancient necromancer until you mastered enough of his dark power to oust him and reclaim your body. Inherited your father's magical bells. Stuff like that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Are Necromantic workings going to be a thing?

If so, would First Age Artifice using them instead of sorcerous workings possibly serve as the 3E version of necrotech?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                          Are Necromantic workings going to be a thing?
                          That's currently the plan.

If so, would First Age Artifice using them instead of sorcerous workings possibly serve as the 3E version of necrotech?
                          Nah. Necrotech-as-category isn't a thing that's coming back. Making big gribbly necromantic abominations is just regular necromancy.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            Got possessed by the ghost of an ancient necromancer until you mastered enough of his dark power to oust him and reclaim your body
                            This would be an amazing exaltation story. just saying.

Can a solar do a solar level working to turn a swath of land into a shadowland instead of cleansing it? Could an infernal potentially do the same but with Malfean terrain? Could a solar Shape a section of the world back into pure chaos and then subsequently wyld shape it how he likes?

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
                              Can a solar do a solar level working to turn a swath of land into a shadowland instead of cleansing it? Could an infernal potentially do the same but with Malfean terrain? Could a solar Shape a section of the world back into pure chaos and then subsequently wyld shape it how he likes?
                              Storyteller call.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If power armor is a FIrst Age Artifact, how does it warp the setting?
                                Are all artifacts that can be used by mortals FA?

Comment

Working...
                                X