This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Grew up in a shadowland and studied the strange signs and warped portents that marked it. Studied under the tutelage of a nephwrack queen. Got possessed by the ghost of an ancient necromancer until you mastered enough of his dark power to oust him and reclaim your body. Inherited your father's magical bells. Stuff like that.
    Cool, Thanks! (runs off to write stuff, stops, runs back)
    So, uh, Mortals and necromancy. Can a mortal be initiated into necromancy, possibly by sacrificing their ability to learn sorcery? Or is that off the table like in 2e?

Hi, I'm Smiles With Fangs. I backed Exalted 3rd edition, but I can't make the image I have smaller so here's a kitten

I made some Liminal Charms here I made some Evocations for Wood Dragon's Claws here I'm working on a splat for the Moonsilver Warriors here

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
      If power armor is a FIrst Age Artifact, how does it warp the setting?
      Lookshy being able to field Gunzosha brigades led by Dragon-Blooded commanders is one of the things that elevates its military might to among Creation's mightiest, but is dependent on their dwindling access to First Age arsenals. If they, or any other Exalted power base, could simply produce them en masse, it becomes a very different thing.

Are all artifacts that can be used by mortals FA?
      No.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SmilesWithFangs View Post
        So, uh, Mortals and necromancy. Can a mortal be initiated into necromancy, possibly by sacrificing their ability to learn sorcery? Or is that off the table like in 2e?
        Haven't gotten down into the nitty-gritty of mortal necromancers, but I suspect they won't be able to double up on necromancy and sorcery.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will Lunars be getting access to their Excellencies the same way Solars do?

Do you think you will be handling extra shapes as a merit like the Hearts Blood background of earlier editions?

What are your favorite totems? (I am partial to bears, frogs, and insects)

Will certain elders be approachable for aid this go around? (not just for lunars) Like is Ma Ha Suchi going to turn down an outcaste and have them killed on principle or would he be more willing to deal take advantage of an ally who might be sympathetic to him like that?
          Last edited by Kell_Tamer; 10-12-2017, 01:40 PM. Reason: clarifying the first question

Comment

• Is necromancy clearly different to outsiders? Would a sorcerer king of ysyr take offense to confusion between the two? Does the abillity to learn sorcery include the abillity to learn necromancy?(So, could a noble in Ysyr take up Necromancy instead of Sorcery?)

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
              What are your favorite totems?
              Long-legged wading birds.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
                Will Lunars be getting access to their Excellencies the same way Solars do?
                Not quite the same, because of the differences in how Abilities and Attributes work, but similar.

Do you think you will be handling extra shapes as a merit like the Hearts Blood background of earlier editions?
                One or more Merits seems like the best way to handle your repertoire of shapes at character creation.

What are your favorite totems? (I am partial to bears, frogs, and insects)
                Reptiles, and canines, and felines, and...

Will certain elders be approachable for aid this go around? (not just for lunars) Like is Ma Ha Suchi going to turn down an outcaste and have them killed on principle or would he be more willing to deal take advantage of an ally who might be sympathetic to him like that?
                Making every Silver Pact elder someone that a Lunar player might actually want to pick as their mentor is a goal. When it comes to non-Lunars, it'll probably be more of a mixed bag.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                  Is necromancy clearly different to outsiders?
                  Seems like the sort of thing you'd roll Occult for.

Does the abillity to learn sorcery include the abillity to learn necromancy?(So, could a noble in Ysyr take up Necromancy instead of Sorcery?)
                  Not necessarily.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• This might have already been answered, but I wasn't sure.

After you've finished Dragonblood and the Realm, (and I guess finishing the two bestiaries) what's planned next? (And I'm aware that you might change your mind by then)

I know that Lunars is the next planned splatbook, but I wondered if you intend to do something else between the Realm and Lunars, or if the plan is to get stuck straight into a splatbook.

I assume it's the latter, as you've talked a bit about Lunars and not much about a Manse book or a Sorcery book, which were mentioned a long time ago, but I wanted to check. I guess you have talked a bit about wanting to do a Storyteller's Companion, but I wasn't sure if that's something you're planning for next year, or just for somewhere down the line.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                      This might have already been answered, but I wasn't sure.

After you've finished Dragonblood and the Realm, (and I guess finishing the two bestiaries) what's planned next? (And I'm aware that you might change your mind by then)

I know that Lunars is the next planned splatbook, but I wondered if you intend to do something else between the Realm and Lunars, or if the plan is to get stuck straight into a splatbook.

I assume it's the latter, as you've talked a bit about Lunars and not much about a Manse book or a Sorcery book, which were mentioned a long time ago, but I wanted to check. I guess you have talked a bit about wanting to do a Storyteller's Companion, but I wasn't sure if that's something you're planning for next year, or just for somewhere down the line.
                      Lunars is the next planned book!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Great! That was just what I wanted to hear. After DB, Lunars is absolutely the most useful book for our games, as both games I play (well, one's on hiatus until DB comes out) have 2 Lunar PCs.

And I kind of always wanted to run an all-Lunar game.
                        Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 10-12-2017, 04:00 PM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Is there gonna be an equivalent to control spells in necromancy?

edit: Also, if there is can an initiate of both sorcery and necromancy get control spells in both? If so I can definitely see a mechanical benefit there for 'going both ways' as it were.
                          Last edited by armyofwhispers; 10-12-2017, 04:11 PM.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
                            Is there gonna be an equivalent to control spells in necromancy?
                            The equivalent is probably just going to be control spells for necromancy.

edit: Also, if there is can an initiate of both sorcery and necromancy get control spells in both? If so I can definitely see a mechanical benefit there for 'going both ways' as it were.
                            Currently I think no, but maybe there's some flex.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• When a member of a Lunar's tribe exalts as a Dragonblooded, what exactly is the typical reaction?
                              As in, if one of the ape men of Raksi exalts as a dragonblooded, do other lunars understand murdering them for the exaltation, or is it more "great now I have a friendly Dragonblooded!" situation?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                                When a member of a Lunar's tribe exalts as a Dragonblooded, what exactly is the typical reaction?
                                As in, if one of the ape men of Raksi exalts as a dragonblooded, do other lunars understand murdering them for the exaltation, or is it more "great now I have a friendly Dragonblooded!" situation?
                                There's not a typical Lunar, nor a typical tribal culture. Reactions could go either way, although murdering someone just because they Exalt as a Dragon-Blood is going to be an extreme option, not the approved Silver Pact party line.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X