Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are spirits hybrids a thing? If Mara takes a Lorelai, does the union produce an offspring? Im imagining it would be a spirit with the traits of a demon and a fair folk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Currently I think no, but maybe there's some flex.

I don't see why not. They'd be separate initiations so why not one control spell per initiation, as with circles of sorcery?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handigar View Post

I don't see why not. They'd be separate initiations so why not one control spell per initiation, as with circles of sorcery?
        Balance reasons.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
          Are spirits hybrids a thing? If Mara takes a Lorelai, does the union produce an offspring? Im imagining it would be a spirit with the traits of a demon and a fair folk.
          I think it's cooler if they can exist, but we probably aren't going to go into a whole lot of detail on them.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
            Long-legged wading birds.
            Would that make this an example of a Changing Moon?

Comment

Not quite the same, because of the differences in how Abilities and Attributes work, but similar.
              How likely would it then be that a Lunar will have all nine attributes covered by excellencies? I admit when I played 2e lunars I usually invested at some point into having an excellency of some kind for every attribute just because it was nice to be a capable generalist at really anything. Let me fill in holes the group usually lacked by just being "by sheer dice/bought successes, better than normal". Also made sure I was never truly useless.

Comment

• So Stormwind Rider seems to have two speeds: the 100 mph speed and the combat speed. Is the stormwind condsideref to slow down if there are combatants or can it just blow right past them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Therian View Post
                  So Stormwind Rider seems to have two speeds: the 100 mph speed and the combat speed. Is the stormwind condsideref to slow down if there are combatants or can it just blow right past them?
                  You don't have the option of ignoring them. If there's combat a-happening, you're in it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post

How likely would it then be that a Lunar will have all nine attributes covered by excellencies? I admit when I played 2e lunars I usually invested at some point into having an excellency of some kind for every attribute just because it was nice to be a capable generalist at really anything. Let me fill in holes the group usually lacked by just being "by sheer dice/bought successes, better than normal". Also made sure I was never truly useless.
                    It's something you can do, although I'm not sure it'll be possible straight out of character creation without forcing a weird build.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

It's something you can do, although I'm not sure it'll be possible straight out of character creation without forcing a weird build.
                      Fair enough for me. I usually didn't get to excellency for everything until I was Essence 4 or just before i bought essence 4.

Comment

• Do realm DB still hold prejudice towards sorcerers, even though the empress is their most famous one?

Comment

• So I can't really recall much use of Tribal Langues (the 1/4th dot), I think the only one I remember being used was Arzechki (sp? Those sociopathic Hairy Wyld Mutants in the East). Will be be getting more examples of them in Play? They would be nice to sprinkle about. I'm assuming many NPCs that know it don't necessarily know 4 minor languages, due to their not necessarily even being four different minor languages in the area.

Does Creation have some sort of Pre-Tower of Babel type effect where Languages naturally cluster, so sentient beings have an easier time understanding similar languages, while at the same time Language drifts less severe? I know the real answer is because it makes play easier to have it you know whole language families, but just wondering how its noted in game fluffwise. Or should I just ignore it.

High Realm and Low Realm are derived from Earth Tongue, when would you imagine the Divergence, during the Shogunate or after the Contagion?

I picture Low Realm as being closer to Earth Tongue, and thus kept the same by the lowest classes, while High Realm is more cosmopolitan borrowing lone words from all around Creation brought in by Lost Eggs, or if during the Shogunate by the centralization around the shoguns. I get this jist by the nonnobles have more traditionally asian names like Shen, while the Dynasts and the Like have names all over the place like Ragara Bagwei, and Mnemon, though with a very Japanese sounding alphabet. Am I hitting anywhere near the Mark?

I was talking about spells that do things like allow someone to attune to an artifact, but others have told me Evocations should be able to do things like this and may be a better method. Since its been mentioned technically Evocations are different per user, how common would it be for Mortals to have as a secret first Evocation of (This Mortal is cool because Blah Blah Blah, so he can attune to me (for free?)?

Shattering mortal Weapons with Artifacts is it always a Gambit, or can it also be a Stunt?

Adding the smash/Knockdown effect to an attack is generally just a simple stunt yeah?

I seem to recall Exalts don't suffer a noticeable negative effect to having a period right? Or was that just something I read on a forum somewhere?

Hungry Ghosts aren't necessarily the same right? The stats are just a generalization? Like a beefy 8 foot Tall Barbarian is probably going to have a beefier Hungry Ghost then Zhou Farmer, while little 5 year old McGee would probably have a scrawnier stripling Po?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• What magical material would y'all recommend for an artifact forked daiklave built around the notion of building up resonance until weapons, armor, or even pieces of scenery shatter, dealing sonic environmental damage?

(Yes, I did in fact get the idea from Samurai Jack, but I'm tweaking it some, obviously.)

Comment

• Is the Dual Monarchy still a thing?

Does the Lover still make her home in Gradafes, and is it still southeast of Icehome?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                                Is the Dual Monarchy still a thing?
                                Yes.

Does the Lover still make her home in Gradafes, and is it still southeast of Icehome?
                                Geographic location might get tweaked a bit. I'm not particularly attached to Gradafes, but neither do I see a lot of reason to change it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X