Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y'know, shit, I hadn't thought to ask. Is the Coral Archipelago a satrapy of the Realm?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
      Are there islands -- small enough to not show up on our map, but able to support a least a small population -- between the Caul and the Wavecrest Archipelago? What about the far northeast?
      Yes and yes (although a slightly snarkier answer is "there can be if it fits the need of your game). Take the scale of the map into consideration - Hawaii wouldn't even show up on the size of the 3e map. Exalted has always had huge swaths of blank spaces on the map, meant to be filled by the ST's own needs for the story. One of the ways Eric and Vance encourage this in 3e is by mentioning underdetailed locations in relation to detailed and "mapped" places.
      Last edited by Neall; 10-24-2017, 07:13 AM.

Neall Raemonn Price
      Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

• The smallest islands on there about the size of Luxembourg. The British Isles would comfortably fit inside the compass with the scale on it.

Comment

• Do liminal charms get weirder at high essence like infernals and abyssals did?

Do getimian exalted have their fates screwed up by exalting or do they exalt because their fates are screwed up?

Comment

• Ex 3 Arms of the Chosen – Second proof going out to devs today.
            Third Proof Incoming or WW Approvals?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
              Do liminal charms get weirder at high essence like infernals and abyssals did?
              Liminal Charms start out pretty darn weird.

Do getimian exalted have their fates screwed up by exalting or do they exalt because their fates are screwed up?
              Not quite either.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

No, the "initiation Charms" no longer exist. If you want to see and attack spirits, Occult Charms cover that.
                So do DBs get ways to see immaterial spirits this edition that don't require mirrors? Or do all Immaculates need to carry a few mirrors in case they want to beat up unruly gods?

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                Some Lintha QCs
                A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                  Y'know, shit, I hadn't thought to ask. Is the Coral Archipelago a satrapy of the Realm?
                  It is not.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post
                    One of the ways Eric and Vance encourage this in 3e is by mentioning underdetailed locations in relation to detailed and "mapped" places.
                    Yeah, that really works well. It's my favourite thing about the 3rd ed fluff; it makes world-building much easier. And it lets the writers talk about a country's foreign relations in a sensible way, rather than making it seem like there's nothing much between Lookshy and the Haslanti League, or whatever.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Are there any plans to make room for a liminal character concept along the lines of terry Pratchet's Igors?

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Can one excellency the Int+Larceny roll from Master Plan Meditation? It descends from Living Shadow Preparedness which explicitly forbids enhancing with other magic, but MPM’s text doesn’t mention that specifically.

Comment

• Originally posted by mizzlfoshizzl View Post
                          Can one excellency the Int+Larceny roll from Master Plan Meditation?
                          Yes.

It descends from Living Shadow Preparedness which explicitly forbids enhancing with other magic
                          ...It may just be that I haven't had my coffee, but I'm not seeing that in Living Shadow Preparedness?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• With all this discussion of Getimians, I was wondering if we have an idea of when we might get the bird's eye overview of what they are. The core mentioned them very in passing, and while we had some interesting tidbits in the leadup, I'm kind of wondering when we're likely to get an entree, as it were. Not fully playable, since I imagine their splatbook is pretty far out, but just an overview akin to the Exalt writeups that the core gave us for Dragonblooded, Abyssals, etc.

Comment

• Sidereals book, maybe? That seems a logical place to put them.

Comment

• Originally posted by OpMegs View Post
                                With all this discussion of Getimians, I was wondering if we have an idea of when we might get the bird's eye overview of what they are. The core mentioned them very in passing, and while we had some interesting tidbits in the leadup, I'm kind of wondering when we're likely to get an entree, as it were. Not fully playable, since I imagine their splatbook is pretty far out, but just an overview akin to the Exalt writeups that the core gave us for Dragonblooded, Abyssals, etc.
                                We're planning to do it sooner rather than later.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X