This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

...It may just be that I haven't had my coffee, but I'm not seeing that in Living Shadow Preparedness?
    O_O you're right, I had that confused with Diamond-Body Prana!

Comment

• Sorcerer questions! Those are fun!

Can demons be summoned in the underworld?
      Can a demon be sent back to malfeas to fufill a task (like retrieving some silver sands or Yozi Venom)?
      Can I order a bound demon to take me to Malfeas?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
        Can demons be summoned in the underworld?
        Yes.

Can a demon be sent back to malfeas to fufill a task (like retrieving some silver sands or Yozi Venom)?
        Can I order a bound demon to take me to Malfeas?
        You could give that order, but most demons don't have any sort of way to travel from Creation to Malfeas except by taking the already-existing paths that lead into Cecelyne, so it's not going to work great.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• What sorts of mechanics, if any, are present in The Realm?

I imagine in a book of sorcery there will be more examples of shaping rituals, but will there be examples in Exalt hardbacks, too, that are possibly more specific to that type of Exalt?

Comment

• Player was wondering: Are there any examples of Getimians in video games you can think of, particularly playable characters?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              I highly recommend treating it as a bonus from Charms, as it's written.
              Do you intend the above as a blanket contravention of Stalking Shadow Spirit sidebar, or just SSS can break dice caps, or just cry chicanery on letting LSP break dice cap on Join Battle, or ...?

E.g., I use LSP + excellency to net avg 20 successes (Wits 5, Larceny 5, 10 excellency dice, avg 10 successes, doubled by LSP). Can those 20 successes break my dice cap on a pickpocketing attempt?
              Last edited by mizzlfoshizzl; 10-24-2017, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by reseru View Post
                What sorts of mechanics, if any, are present in The Realm?
                The Realm is almost entirely mechanics-free. The only mechanics I can think of are Quick Character stats for typical archons and for members of the Silent Legion.

Originally posted by reseru View Post
                I imagine in a book of sorcery there will be more examples of shaping rituals, but will there be examples in Exalt hardbacks, too, that are possibly more specific to that type of Exalt?
                We have a couple of initiations (with shaping rituals) in Dragon-Blooded. Other hardbacks may or may not have initiations, but odds are good.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                  Player was wondering: Are there any examples of Getimians in video games you can think of, particularly playable characters?
                  None come to mind, but I'm not a big video game guy.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by mizzlfoshizzl View Post

Do you intend the above as a blanket contravention of Stalking Shadow Spirit sidebar, or just SSS can break dice caps, or just cry chicanery on letting LSP break dice cap on Join Battle, or ...?

E.g., I use LSP + excellency to net avg 20 successes (Wits 5, Larceny 5, 10 excellency dice, avg 10 successes, doubled by LSP). Can those 20 successes break my dice cap on a pickpocketing attempt?
                    Using it with other Larceny and Stealth-based actions may not be as egregiously broken as applying them to Join Battle with Blinding Battle Feint, but I highly recommend following Living Shadow Preparation as written and treating all banked successes as bonuses from Charms.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Neall View Post

Yes and yes (although a slightly snarkier answer is "there can be if it fits the need of your game). Take the scale of the map into consideration - Hawaii wouldn't even show up on the size of the 3e map. Exalted has always had huge swaths of blank spaces on the map, meant to be filled by the ST's own needs for the story. One of the ways Eric and Vance encourage this in 3e is by mentioning underdetailed locations in relation to detailed and "mapped" places.
                      That's one thing I've really liked about 3e. The writeup for Gem in the 3e Core made me do something similar for the region around Chiaroscuro, which I've been steadily fleshing out over the course of the game I'm running and it's been pretty fun. So, thanks guys!

Placeholder

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                        The current primary artery for mortal trade between the Blessed Isle and the West via Wu-Jian was opened just under a century ago. There was traffic with the West before then, with Dragon-Blooded captains capable of navigating the ocean's hazards, as well as roundabout access to mortal merchants via Fajad and Goldenseal, but that was more arduous than the Wu-Jian route.
                        Is Wu-Jian a Realm satrapy at this point or kind of its own zone? I kind of got this imrpession that any control on it is tenuous at best. How about Fajad and Goldenseal?

And stuff.
                        Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post

Is Wu-Jian a Realm satrapy at this point or kind of its own zone? I kind of got this imrpession that any control on it is tenuous at best. How about Fajad and Goldenseal?
                          All three are satrapies. They'll be covered in The Realm.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• A few times in this thread there's mention of other religions and also heresies. The core book states the Immaculate Order is the leading sect of the Immaculate Philosophy. Is it the only one, or that's what these heresies refer to?

I feel like when people hear "heresy" in a fantasy setting a dark, sinister faith is imagined; here it seems any Immaculate Philosophy faith would be seen as heretical by the Order yet still noble and righteous itself. The Catholic and Orthodox Churches are vast Christian establishments, the former being much larger, but they're still in a different league than - bear with me - sacrilegious devil-worshipers.

Comment

• The Stone of Nightly Reunion Works on graves even for souls that have passed through Lethe, never became a ghost, or were Soul obliterated right? Like is it a simulation of the Bodies Memories that you can interact with, or does it actually require a soul of the grave to exist?

I have seen a lot of debate on Summoning spells, big question, can non-Exalts use a Summon Demon Spell and have it work like Exalts? I was under the impression they can summon demons but can't bind them without being Exalted due to the Surrender Oaths, and that they need Sorcerous Workings to bind Demons if they are say a Mortal.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• Is there going to be a better explanation of how certain character extends their life and/or keep them young. It wasn't good covered in 2nd edition imo and some stuff that was covered was mostly based on fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X