This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    This is true (although smart money is that PC Lunars/Sidereals/Abyssals/Infernals will likely have the same, if not a very similar, chart).
    ... and Deebs?

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Okay, so, a peek backstage.

When we've discussed the Niobraran Exalted, we had a whole lot of great ideas come together for the Spoken—who they were, what their patron was, how they came to be, the nature of their powers, their unique playstyle. It just all came together into something great.

And then, when we discussed the Chosen of the Depths, we pretty much had pelagothropes...but Exalted. And that was not really a great foundation for introducing an entire new type of Exalted into the setting, even an extinct one. And so, we made the decision to shift the Chosen of the Depths away from being an entirely brand new Exalt type to being a collective term for Exalted pelagothropes that fought on the Niobraran side—after all, the Incarnae may smile on them and the Dragon's blood runs in their veins as much as any other human.

It's not a set-in-stone thing, as a Niobraran War book isn't yet on our horizon, but currently, it's what we think is the best way to handle it.

This is fascinating.
      To elaborate: It's fascinating that teh Niobraran war was...exculsively mortal? I expected the Voice to be warring with the sun in the tradition of sea vs Sky battles. A leviathan/tiamat/Slid sort of deal. But that the Sun and Moon and Stars still exalt people in the depths makes some fascinating options. I'm a tad sad what might be tied as my favorite exalt is not-group-friendly, but I hope there is advice on how to combine groups in their book (if they get one).
      To prode Niobraran once, are lovecraft analogs appropriate? Or are they of a different sort of oceanic terror?

To prode different topics, are those guys behind Rakan in the core getmetians or sidereals? Are Getmitians visually distinct from other chosen (Can you see that spiderweb spine?)?
      What satrapy is most likely to split and run in the coming Civil War?
      Does Ahlat still steal the loves of his Brides dreams to pit in ritual combat against each other?
      Are all the underworld rivers water, or is blood, scorpions, and fire also appropriate?
      Is Deathlord an official or colleqial title?
      What happens when ghosts fall overboard at sea? Do they drown?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post

... and Deebs?
        Dragon-Blooded use a slightly different XP chart. Part of that has to do with starting at Essence 2.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
          To prode Niobraran once, are lovecraft analogs appropriate? Or are they of a different sort of oceanic terror?
          It's one of the elements of their make-up, but they're more than just Lovecraftian homage #111390123.

To prode different topics, are those guys behind Rakan in the core getmetians or sidereals? Are Getmitians visually distinct from other chosen (Can you see that spiderweb spine?)?
          They're Getimians. A Getimian's anima banner is visibly distinct, but the pattern spiders living within them that they use to enact internal alchemy are, well, internal.

What satrapy is most likely to split and run in the coming Civil War?
          Lots of them would like to. See the Realm for more! ^_^

Does Ahlat still steal the loves of his Brides dreams to pit in ritual combat against each other?
          I'm not familiar with that bit of the setting, so I'll punt on this.

Are all the underworld rivers water, or is blood, scorpions, and fire also appropriate?
          If Xibalba is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Is Deathlord an official or colleqial title?
          How would anyone know the difference?

What happens when ghosts fall overboard at sea? Do they drown?
          Ghosts don't need to breathe, on account of dead. One of Wu-Jian's crime bosses is a Lintha necromancer who binds the ghosts of her kin to scour the seafloor for treasure.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Ghosts don't need to breathe, on account of dead. One of Wu-Jian's crime bosses is a Lintha necromancer who binds the ghosts of her kin to scour the seafloor for treasure.
            What about the whole 'salt water' thing?

Comment

One of Wu-Jian's crime bosses is a Lintha necromancer who binds the ghosts of her kin to scour the seafloor for treasure.
              ...you know, my demons-bound-in-clay gang looks more reasonable by the day.
              ...Also, I realize I was unclear.
              I meant in the vast, dark seas of the underworld.

Comment

• So, all this talk of the Niobaran War sparked a question for me - are humans "special" somehow when it comes to be Exalted, so that they're the only candidates no matter what type of Exaltation we're talking about? Or could the God of Terrifying Jungle Predators create an Exigent by exalting, say, a Raptok Dragon King?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
                  So, all this talk of the Niobaran War sparked a question for me - are humans "special" somehow when it comes to be Exalted, so that they're the only candidates no matter what type of Exaltation we're talking about? Or could the God of Terrifying Jungle Predators create an Exigent by exalting, say, a Raptok Dragon King?
                  The choice of humanity was what could be called an accident of history—or a deliberate choice by the Incarnae, but not the only choice. The Exigence is limited by nature to Exalting humans, but the Spoken, for instance, are not human.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

...Also, I realize I was unclear.
                    I meant in the vast, dark seas of the underworld.
                    Whatever happens to them, I doubt it's anything as mundane as drowning.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

The choice of humanity was what could be called an accident of history—or a deliberate choice by the Incarnae, but not the only choice. The Exigence is limited by nature to Exalting humans, but the Spoken, for instance, are not human.

And suddenly the difficulties of a cross party interaction make a lot more sense, yeah.

Did some of the Unseen exalted serve in the Primodial war? We know some didn't by the great curse comment, but I'm wondering if some did.
                      Was Exigence around in the Primodial Era/War?

Comment

• Do getis have more flashy anima banners, or more subdued ones like sids?

Comment

Did some of the Unseen exalted serve in the Primodial war? We know some didn't by the great curse comment, but I'm wondering if some did.
                          Some.

Was Exigence around in the Primodial Era/War?
                          Yes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I've got a martial arts/brawl question: DPC style's Flurry of August Leaves piercing tag says it "neutralizes the enemy’s
                            armor, setting its base soak and hardness to zero against
                            her for the next two rounds." If I used that charm and tag in a martial arts attack on round one, then made a Brawl-based attack in round two, would the brawl attack still benefit from Flurry of August Leaves piercing tag? Or would the rule of "martial arts and brawl doesn't mix unless otherwise stated" apply?

Comment

• Originally posted by SerCerriusLee View Post
                              I've got a martial arts/brawl question: DPC style's Flurry of August Leaves piercing tag says it "neutralizes the enemy’s
                              armor, setting its base soak and hardness to zero against
                              her for the next two rounds." If I used that charm and tag in a martial arts attack on round one, then made a Brawl-based attack in round two, would the brawl attack still benefit from Flurry of August Leaves piercing tag? Or would the rule of "martial arts and brawl doesn't mix unless otherwise stated" apply?
                              The piercing version of Flurry of August Leaves drops the enemy's soak and Hardness against everyone, not just you. Your Brawl-based attacks would gain the benefit, but so would your ally's Melee and Archery attacks.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

The piercing version of Flurry of August Leaves drops the enemy's soak and Hardness against everyone, not just you. Your Brawl-based attacks would gain the benefit, but so would your ally's Melee and Archery attacks.
                                ...Wow. Holy shit. Okay then, thank you so much for answering my question.

Follow up: do weapons readied with Elegant Weapon and turned into light artifact weapons by DPC Form retain artifact weapon status if used in a brawl attack?

Comment

Working...
                                X