Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Anasurimbor View Post
    Does Steel Storm Descending then have to supplement the first attack from that set, which would also have to be decisive?
    Correct.

    Does using Swarm-Culling Instinct preclude the use of Cascade of Cutting Terror's "if you win jb and open with this attack, you don't need to aim."?
    No, although, like with Steel Storm Descending, only the first attack made would benefit.


    Developer for Exalted

    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

    Robert Vance's Patreon

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      While I don't want to make promises if I don't know I can keep them, I think both Leviathan and Luthe have very good odds of showing up again. Unfortunately, I don't yet have any good tidbits on them to share.
      I have an existing character whose background is closely involved with Leviathan's poor grief-handling skills and the resulting Luthian underclass. Is there any data you're able/willing to share that could give me an insight into how much rewriting I'll have to do?


      Iä! Iä! Moe fthagn!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Valles View Post

        I have an existing character whose background is closely involved with Leviathan's poor grief-handling skills and the resulting Luthian underclass. Is there any data you're able/willing to share that could give me an insight into how much rewriting I'll have to do?
        At this point, I can't give an estimation any more precise than "probably some."


        Developer for Exalted

        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

        Robert Vance's Patreon

        Comment


        • Do Sworn Brotherhoods have names traditionally?
          Is it possible to swear into a sworn brotherhood after it forms?
          Are their mechanical boosts/effects of a brotherhood? Will all allDB parties want to have one?
          Do Sworn Brotherhoods have a goal? Or are they broader than that?
          Are their regional differences?

          Onto non-DB questions:

          Is the volcano god threat towards the start of creation still happening?
          How unified was shogunate rule? Was there 1 shogun in all creation, directional, etc?
          What level working would a pair of teleport circles be? Celestial 3 (Going to hell and back) or Solar 3?
          What's your favorite superhero? If not superhero, pulp hero? If not pulp hero, myth hero? (or heroine)
          Should I fear the sword or the swordsman?
          Is there an MA that lets me use an Oar as a weapon? Or would I be better with just melee?


          I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

          Comment


          • So I was rereading old fluff about Avaku when a thought occured. He had three children with his mortal wife and was quite certain they had a good chance to exalt.

            Now obviously this has been retconned but it got me thinking, is mortal marriages an insult for a dynast now? The best they could realistically hope for is a single child and maybe two if they get really lucky and then they have to accept that they will not have a chance at a child until the mortal dies and the child they had might well have not exalted.

            Or is there some variable that makes mortal marriages less like a potent method of ensuring outcastes in particular will have difficulty establishing a lineage?

            Comment


            • Could I dare to hope for French translation? (at least the core book?)


              French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
              Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
              Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

              Comment


              • Double Attack Technique and threshold successes: which, if any, add to damage?

                1) Defender has Parry of 5 and no current onslaught penalty.
                2) Double Attack Technique rolls 15 successes to hit.
                3) First "hit" happens, leaving 10 remaining threshold successes. Parry of target is now 4 due to onslaught.
                4) 10 > 4, therefore the second "hit" happens, leaving 6 threshold successes.
                4.1) Add Double Attack Technique's bonus damage of (Dex + Charge/2).

                Our understanding is that the 4 successes used to "hit" the second time are not added to the damage (as per the text in Double Attack Technique), but we were not sure if the 6 remaining threshold successes still added (for final damage of Str + Weapon + Dex + Charge/2 + 6).

                Thanks.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Refhi View Post
                  Could I dare to hope for French translation? (at least the core book?)
                  I'm not aware of any plans with regards to translation one way or the other right now. Sorry. :/


                  Developer for Exalted

                  Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                  Robert Vance's Patreon

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu View Post
                    So I was rereading old fluff about Avaku when a thought occured. He had three children with his mortal wife and was quite certain they had a good chance to exalt.

                    Now obviously this has been retconned but it got me thinking, is mortal marriages an insult for a dynast now? The best they could realistically hope for is a single child and maybe two if they get really lucky and then they have to accept that they will not have a chance at a child until the mortal dies and the child they had might well have not exalted.

                    Or is there some variable that makes mortal marriages less like a potent method of ensuring outcastes in particular will have difficulty establishing a lineage?
                    Quoth Minton


                    Developer for Exalted

                    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                    Robert Vance's Patreon

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by the_larz View Post
                      Double Attack Technique and threshold successes: which, if any, add to damage?

                      1) Defender has Parry of 5 and no current onslaught penalty.
                      2) Double Attack Technique rolls 15 successes to hit.
                      3) First "hit" happens, leaving 10 remaining threshold successes. Parry of target is now 4 due to onslaught.
                      4) 10 > 4, therefore the second "hit" happens, leaving 6 threshold successes.
                      4.1) Add Double Attack Technique's bonus damage of (Dex + Charge/2).

                      Our understanding is that the 4 successes used to "hit" the second time are not added to the damage (as per the text in Double Attack Technique), but we were not sure if the 6 remaining threshold successes still added (for final damage of Str + Weapon + Dex + Charge/2 + 6).

                      Thanks.
                      The remaining successes are added to damage.


                      Developer for Exalted

                      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                      Robert Vance's Patreon

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                        Do Sworn Brotherhoods have names traditionally?
                        Yep.

                        Is it possible to swear into a sworn brotherhood after it forms?
                        Yes.

                        Are their mechanical boosts/effects of a brotherhood?
                        Yes, integrated into Dragon-Blooded Charms.

                        Do Sworn Brotherhoods have a goal? Or are they broader than that?
                        Some are sworn in pursuit of a specific goal, but can persist afterwards. Others are broader in scope.

                        Are their regional differences?
                        There may be cultural differences, but the fundamental nature of a Sworn Kinship is innate to the Dragon-Blooded.

                        Is the volcano god threat towards the start of creation still happening?
                        Things that happened at the start of Creation aren't super relevant.

                        How unified was shogunate rule? Was there 1 shogun in all creation, directional, etc?
                        Varied over the centuries.

                        What level working would a pair of teleport circles be? Celestial 3 (Going to hell and back) or Solar 3?
                        Depends on the specifics. I'd probably make it a low-end Solar working.

                        What's your favorite superhero?
                        Superman.

                        Should I fear the sword or the swordsman?
                        Why take chances? Fear both.

                        Is there an MA that lets me use an Oar as a weapon? Or would I be better with just melee?
                        Musashi is an iconic master of Melee, although I'd expect to see styles that work with improvised weapons.


                        Developer for Exalted

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Robert Vance's Patreon

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                          Superman.
                          It is silly how happy your answer just made me.



                          I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                          I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

                          Comment


                          • I have a question about what happens to your charms when you die. Does death end the duration of all charms you've got activated? Or do their durations continue? If the latter, do indefinite-duration charms continue forever? Would a Solar Survival specialist who had enhanced their familiar with a bunch of boosting charms, for example, leave behind a terrible beast that was permanently boosted beyond the bounds of normal animals, presumably until it was killed?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
                              I have a question about what happens to your charms when you die. Does death end the duration of all charms you've got activated? Or do their durations continue? If the latter, do indefinite-duration charms continue forever? Would a Solar Survival specialist who had enhanced their familiar with a bunch of boosting charms, for example, leave behind a terrible beast that was permanently boosted beyond the bounds of normal animals, presumably until it was killed?
                              The effects of non-Instant Charms, including those of Indefinite duration, end when the Exalt dies. The Storyteller might waive this in dramatically appropriate situations.


                              Developer for Exalted

                              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                              Robert Vance's Patreon

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                The effects of non-Instant Charms, including those of Indefinite duration, end when the Exalt dies. The Storyteller might waive this in dramatically appropriate situations.

                                Thanks very much for the response, and the speed! 1 minute is darned good turnaround! :-)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X