Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because of a lack of imagination, we are thinking of reskinning some of the MA for other weapons.
    What are the styles that sholdnt be mixed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
      Because of a lack of imagination, we are thinking of reskinning some of the MA for other weapons.
      What are the styles that sholdnt be mixed?
      Most styles have compatibility through unarmed attacks, so the question becomes whether injecting different weapon tags and artifact weapon stats into the mix makes things dangerous. I don't really have broad-ranging advice on this; it's as much a matter of your playgroup's feelings on power level as it is a matter of mechanics.

The styles that don't have any crossover potential - Righteous Devil, Nightingale, and especially Single Point - are ones you want to look out for; I'd recommend giving some serious consideration to all the potential Charm synergies you open up by making them compatible with others.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• how do i pronounce rawar? like rawr? or Roar? Raw-are?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
          how do i pronounce rawar? like rawr? or Roar? Raw-are?
          I've been pronouncing it "rah-war" (where "war" rhymes with "bar"), but there's no official pronunciation in the books.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            Yes, Seven Drunken Gods style. I've also got some notions for a separate pipe-smoking style.

I will be disappointed if this style does not involve taking ALL THE DRUGS.

Comment

The styles that don't have any crossover potential - Righteous Devil, Nightingale, and especially Single Point - are ones you want to look out for; I'd recommend giving some serious consideration to all the potential Charm synergies you open up by making them compatible with others.
              You can't combine Single Point and Steel Devil by using paired slashing swords?

Comment

• Originally posted by serGregness View Post

You can't combine Single Point and Steel Devil by using paired slashing swords?
                Oh yeah, you can. I always forget that combo because dual-wielding while iaijutsu-ing looks really goofy whenever I picture it mentally.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

I'd stick to a one-break-per-attack limit, just to keep things from getting silly.
                  Having hit a BG or two with a high initiative Thunderbolt Attack Prana in my time, I can see the logic in that. Would you also extend that reasoning to one-break-per-decisive-flurry (Iron Whirlwind Attack et al.)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anasurimbor View Post
                    Having hit a BG or two with a high initiative Thunderbolt Attack Prana in my time, I can see the logic in that. Would you also extend that reasoning to one-break-per-decisive-flurry (Iron Whirlwind Attack et al.)?
                    The text is pretty clear that in that case you could get a break for each individual attack that knocks off a point of Size. Storytellers, as always, are free to tweak.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

It's white jade.
                      If I may be so greedy... On a scale of 1-10, how good a match is Fist of the Titans for an Earth Dragon Stylist? 1 obviously being "It's the worst possible match" and 10 being "YEEEEEEEES!"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• I've been impressed by the quality of the art for all of the supplements. Is the current plan that every Exalted project will be in full color?

Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - Last Update: November 13, 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
                          I've been impressed by the quality of the art for all of the supplements. Is the current plan that every Exalted project will be in full color?
                          Full color art for Arms of the Chosen and The Realm was a Kickstarter stretch goal.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

Full color art for Arms of the Chosen and The Realm was a Kickstarter stretch goal.
                            There has also been full color for Miracles, the Quickstart, Adversaries and Night Parade. I assume for Dragon-Blooded too?

Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - Last Update: November 13, 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
                              There has also been full color for Miracles, the Quickstart, Adversaries and Night Parade. I assume for Dragon-Blooded too?
                              I believe so, yes.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• while a considerable amount has changed since then, are the failed attempts by Ouramos and Isidoros to make their own exalts still sticking around?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Working...
                                X