X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Refhi View Post
    Clash/gambit question :
    In a clash, if my attack is a gambit against the enemy attack, and I win the opposed roll.
    Does he suffer a lvl of automatic damage?
    Do I instead have +1 to the result of my initiative check?
    or none of the above?

(clarification for the clash rule p202 of the core book)
    As written, gambits don't receive any special bonus for succeeding in a clash (other than inflicting the -2 Defense penalty). Adding an automatic success to the Initiative roll would be fine, though.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by SilhouetteofAdon View Post
      Two question: Will power armors have the same flexibility of evocations in addition to normal perks and bonuses normally associated with them?
      Yep.

And will they all be considered heavy armor for the sake or charms and martial arts? Or might we see some flexibility in armor class between medium and heavy?
      I think they can be all three categories.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        Yep.

I think they can be all three categories.
        For someone possibly wanting to homebrew light (for the sake of martial arts) power armor, what would be some considerations to keep in mind?

Comment

• Something that came up elsewhere: what would the general reaction from other DBs be if a Dynast started flaring their anima in public? If they're having a conversation, for instance, and one of them started showing some anima off. Is that going to be considered a sign of poor self-control, are other DBs going to, for want of a better way to put this, start reaching for their integrity charms because "you're using social magic so I should too", is it a good way to dramatically make a point?

Infernals - To Rule in Hell
          Simple Solar > Abyssal conversion rules
          3e Dragon Kings
          My martial arts

Comment

• Is Dragon-Blooded Survival primarily pet focused?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Hey, does dragon-blooded anima flux still work like it did in the 3E core or did you change it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanaya View Post
                Something that came up elsewhere: what would the general reaction from other DBs be if a Dynast started flaring their anima in public? If they're having a conversation, for instance, and one of them started showing some anima off. Is that going to be considered a sign of poor self-control, are other DBs going to, for want of a better way to put this, start reaching for their integrity charms because "you're using social magic so I should too", is it a good way to dramatically make a point?
                I think it's a cultural and contextual thing. No one's going to think of it as "they're using social magic," because Dragon-Blooded Charms aren't Things in the setting. If a Fire Aspect starts flaring in the middle of a heated argument, another Dragon-Blood might recognize that his argumentation overflows with excellence like the barely-restrained flame of his anima, but not "he's trying to mind-whammy me."

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                  Hey, does dragon-blooded anima flux still work like it did in the 3E core or did you change it?
                  It's the same, except for the Aspect anima powers that can modify it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                    Is Dragon-Blooded Survival primarily pet focused?
                    No, it's more diverse than Solar Survival.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Do DB animas have multiple powers like the solars?

Comment

No, it's more diverse than Solar Survival.
                        Are there plans to officially diversify Solar Survival? The familiar charms are cool, but they're totally orthogonal to so many survival-centric character concepts.

Comment

I think it's a cultural and contextual thing. No one's going to think of it as "they're using social magic," because Dragon-Blooded Charms aren't Things in the setting. If a Fire Aspect starts flaring in the middle of a heated argument, another Dragon-Blood might recognize that his argumentation overflows with excellence like the barely-restrained flame of his anima, but not "he's trying to mind-whammy me."
                          But if say a DB is having some pre-fight talk with an Anathema he has cornered and the Anathema's caste mark suddenly starts flaring 'he's trying to mind-whammy me with evil Anathema magic' is a thing the DB could think, right?

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                          Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                          Some Lintha QCs
                          A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

It's the same, except for the Aspect anima powers that can modify it.
                            So, what happens when a dragonblooded character is mounted now? Most mounts don't have initiative, so do they just ignore it?

Comment

• If i make a working where i introduce a weakeness to increase the scope of its power. Does it still counts as a higher finnese, or i can just throw that idea to the st and have him come up with the weakeness/power?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
                                Do DB animas have multiple powers like the solars?
                                Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X