This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handigar View Post

Are there plans to officially diversify Solar Survival? The familiar charms are cool, but they're totally orthogonal to so many survival-centric character concepts.
    It's probably going to be a good long while before we add more Solar Charms, but yeah.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
      If i make a working where i introduce a weakeness to increase the scope of its power. Does it still counts as a higher finnese, or i can just throw that idea to the st and have him come up with the weakeness/power?
      The latter.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
        But if say a DB is having some pre-fight talk with an Anathema he has cornered and the Anathema's caste mark suddenly starts flaring 'he's trying to mind-whammy me with evil Anathema magic' is a thing the DB could think, right?
        The thought process there isn't "the Solar's anima is flaring, he's using Anathema magic!" It's "oh shit, it's a Solar Anathema."

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Could a Sorcerer perform a high Ambition Working to create a powerful entity and then build custom spells that drew on said entity's powers and themes? Like with the various Eyeless Face spells, for example?

Or would the Working not be necessary and you can just create the spells you want, possibly retroactively defining new creatures as needed?

Or would it be best to just classify all sorcerous minons as "demons" or "elementals" and just handle it through the existing spells?

Placeholder

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            The thought process there isn't "the Solar's anima is flaring, he's using Anathema magic!" It's "oh shit, it's a Solar Anathema."
            How do the dragon blooded View Solar exalted in relation to the Unconquered Sun(demons who stole he power or is he a evil god?)? Also do solars of the non zenith type with no outside instruction even know what they are? Like would a Young solar still think they are only going to live for like 60 years and now heal faster than normal or are these things they need to be told/find out?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
              How do the dragon blooded View Solar exalted in relation to the Unconquered Sun(demons who stole he power or is he a evil god?)?
              The lay view is that the Solar Anathema stole their power from the Sun. Immaculate monks or secular Dragon-Blooded who've studied theology extensively understand that they are the Chosen of the Sun, but believe that no human can embody the unyielding perfection of the Unconquered Sun without inevitably being driven mad by it.

Also do solars of the non zenith type with no outside instruction even know what they are? Like would a Young solar still think they are only going to live for like 60 years and now heal faster than normal or are these things they need to be told/find out?
              I think there's a certain level of intuitive self-understanding, although leaving the details somewhat vague creates more room for roleplaying.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                Could a Sorcerer perform a high Ambition Working to create a powerful entity and then build custom spells that drew on said entity's powers and themes? Like with the various Eyeless Face spells, for example?
                Seems reasonable to me.

Or would it be best to just classify all sorcerous minons as "demons" or "elementals" and just handle it through the existing spells?
                Definitely not; shoving everything into a finite number of boxes is a problem Ex3 seeks to avoid.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So, do the more learned dragonblooded acknowledge that hunting down younger, saner solars is an unfortunate necessity, since once they actually go round the bend they tend to have become very hard to kill?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                    So, do the more learned dragonblooded acknowledge that hunting down younger, saner solars is an unfortunate necessity, since once they actually go round the bend they tend to have become very hard to kill?
                    Yes. You want to kill Solars and Lunars early, before you end up with another Bull of the North or Sha'a Oka on your hands.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Question from left field:
                      The lower soul (The Po, iirc), does it have a specific form most of the time or is that kept ambiguous? Like, in cultures that see the animal side of a person as a literal animal and assign totems/guides/spirit animals to that person based on that concept, would the Po soul change to take that form? Could you have a culture where it is considered normal for a shaman to manifest or take the form of his Po/spirit-thingy to perform unique magic(Dreamwalking, healing, defending)?
                      I know you could approximate this with summoning your familiar or other magics, but this seems like an interesting and different path for some magic.
                      Also, would this be something that could be done by such Thaumaterges/shamans, or would this likely fall into an Exalted perview *coughLunars*cough ?

Hi, I'm Smiles With Fangs. I backed Exalted 3rd edition, but I can't make the image I have smaller so here's a kitten

I made some Liminal Charms here I made some Evocations for Wood Dragon's Claws here I'm working on a splat for the Moonsilver Warriors here

Comment

• Originally posted by SmilesWithFangs View Post
                        Question from left field:
                        The lower soul (The Po, iirc), does it have a specific form most of the time or is that kept ambiguous? Like, in cultures that see the animal side of a person as a literal animal and assign totems/guides/spirit animals to that person based on that concept, would the Po soul change to take that form?
                        I suspect there are a diverse variety of beliefs, but don't think specifically nailing down particulars about the po of a living person is useful.

Could you have a culture where it is considered normal for a shaman to manifest or take the form of his Po/spirit-thingy to perform unique magic(Dreamwalking, healing, defending)?
                        I think having a culture with nagual in Creation would be very cool.

Also, would this be something that could be done by such Thaumaterges/shamans, or would this likely fall into an Exalted perview *coughLunars*cough ?
                        I'd do it as a thaumaturgy ritual.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                          The lay view is that the Solar Anathema stole their power from the Sun. Immaculate monks or secular Dragon-Blooded who've studied theology extensively understand that they are the Chosen of the Sun, but believe that no human can embody the unyielding perfection of the Unconquered Sun without inevitably being driven mad by it.
                          Is the understanding at either level of the Dragon-blooded that each Solar is a unique and individual instance, or do they know that they are reincarnating? Could there be stories in the Ragara family of repeatedly running into a terrible Anathema with the anima of a mighty bear over and over throughout the centuries?

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                          I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Are you excited for Wednesday? Which section should we read first?

Placeholder

Comment

• On a scale from 1 to 'doing a ferret war dance in joy', how pleased are you about wednesday?

Comment

• Have you considered naming the Lunar book "Barns of the Chosen"?

Comment

Working...
                                X