X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
    Are you excited for Wednesday?
    The reality of it still hasn't quite hit me yet.

Which section should we read first?
    I'd start at the beginning, but I can't get upset at people for skipping straight ahead to warstriders!

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• When an effect like Blazing Solar Bolt says that it can't be blocked or dodged without a charm, does that mean a charm that specifically allows blocking/dodging things that couldn't be blocked/dodged, or does any defence-boosting charm at all do it, including an excellency?

Infernals - To Rule in Hell
      Simple Solar > Abyssal conversion rules
      3e Dragon Kings
      My martial arts

Comment

• For Adamantine Fists of Battle, the effect seems to target only unarmed attack made by the Brawler. But for Orichalcum Fists where the effect doesn't mention the unarmed part, is the intent here such that smashfists users could also benefit from the charm's effect?

Comment

• Why isn't Sun's Brush on the cover for Arms of the Chosen? *pout*

Comment

• First, congratulations on getting out your first big book as Devs! I'm looking forward to reading it tomorrow!

Secondly, an entirely unrelated question.

In 1st and 2nd ed, the fluff was rather inconsistent on how long the Shogunate was, from the Usurpation to the Great Contagion. Sometimes 400 years, sometimes 500, sometimes 750. How long is it in 3rd edition?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Is it possible to have more than one Glorious Solar Saber?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanaya View Post
                When an effect like Blazing Solar Bolt says that it can't be blocked or dodged without a charm, does that mean a charm that specifically allows blocking/dodging things that couldn't be blocked/dodged, or does any defence-boosting charm at all do it, including an excellency?
                The latter.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by CharonFerryman View Post
                  Is it possible to have more than one Glorious Solar Saber?
                  Like, dual-wielding paired sabers? While the Charm specifies it creates a daiklave, there's no reason it shouldn't be able to make any Melee artifact weapon, and if you go with one that's paired by default, like short daiklaves, then you should get both.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• is Pneuma a satrapy? Are there any places not on the Blessed Isle which aren't considered Satrapies but are considered part of the Realm?

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      Like, dual-wielding paired sabers? While the Charm specifies it creates a daiklave, there's no reason it shouldn't be able to make any Melee artifact weapon, and if you go with one that's paired by default, like short daiklaves, then you should get both.
                      I'm not him so I can't say for sure, but I think he wanted to know if you could, say, purchase Glorious Solar Saber twice to get two different kinds of Glorious Solar Saber, and then buy different evocation sets for each. Or something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                        is Pneuma a satrapy?
                        Yes.

Are there any places not on the Blessed Isle which aren't considered Satrapies but are considered part of the Realm?
                        EDIT: Whoops, missed an important "not." Luckily, Eric's got you covered.
                        Last edited by Robert Vance; 11-14-2017, 11:37 AM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Buraikhoi View Post
                          For Adamantine Fists of Battle, the effect seems to target only unarmed attack made by the Brawler. But for Orichalcum Fists where the effect doesn't mention the unarmed part, is the intent here such that smashfists users could also benefit from the charm's effect?
                          As written, there's no restriction on what kind of Brawl weapons it can enhance. I can't say whether that's deliberate or an accidental omission.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Thanks to all the questions surrounding Increasing Strength Exercise a while back, we know that when charms reference one of your Attributes, what it cares about is your unmodified score, so would ISE raise the number of rounds you could take advantage of when throwing an enemy, since that's a base system thing, and not a charm?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

Originally posted by ElOhTeeBee View Post

I'm not him so I can't say for sure, but I think he wanted to know if you could, say, purchase Glorious Solar Saber twice to get two different kinds of Glorious Solar Saber, and then buy different evocation sets for each. Or something like that.
                              Oh yes Robert, I'm referring to that. My character has a daiklave for a GSS, can he buy GSS again and get a grim cleaver with another set of Evocations?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                                Are there any places not on the Blessed Isle which aren't considered Satrapies but are considered part of the Realm?
                                Not really. In those rare circumstances when a place volunteers its fealty to the Empress but is too impoverished, remote, or politically fraught to transform it into a satrapy or fold it into an existing satrapy, the locals may think of themselves as part of the Realm, but the Dynasty does not.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X