Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the attacks from Frost-Thorns evocations' Ravening Fimbulwinter Approach and Blizzard Claw Swipe supposed to be made using the artifact's Thrown ability, or is it supposed to be a special melee attack to be made at Short Range on a successful rush?

Last edited by MoroseMorgan; 11-15-2017, 05:01 PM.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
      Are the attacks from Ravening Fimbulwinter Approach and Blizzard Claw Swipe supposed to be made using the artifacts Thrown ability, or is it supposed to be a special melee attack to be made at Short Range on a successful rush?
      By themselves, yes, making a Thrown attack is going to be the only option. If you use it together with something like Godspeed Steps, you could make a Brawl attack instead.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        Silver points.
        Is this something unique to warstriders or a retcon of the rules from the core?

Comment

Silver points.

Comment

• Did the Shadows of the Usurpation occur before or after the Usurpation? I ask because Strife's Crucible confused me a bit with dating given its backstory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu View Post
              Did the Shadows of the Usurpation occur before or after the Usurpation? I ask because Strife's Crucible confused me a bit with dating given its backstory.
              "Shadows of the Usurpation" refers to the period immediately after the Usurpation occurred.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• is Brass Seraph a plot hook, or a warstrider, or both?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
                  The rules for repairing individual levels of damage to a warstrider are an exception to the requirement that repairing First Age Artifice costs white points. If you come across a ruined warstrider that a lost civilization worships as its god-altar and want to get it back up and running, that's going to be a more significant repair project that costs white points as usual.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                    is Brass Seraph a plot hook, or a warstrider, or both?
                    Maybe! 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

"Shadows of the Usurpation" refers to the period immediately after the Usurpation occurred.
                      Interesting! I am curious since I am trying to build a timeline using the stories and era labels, is there a timeline that you guys made or is it a pointless effort?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gigaton-Falcon-Emu View Post
                        Interesting! I am curious since I am trying to build a timeline using the stories and era labels, is there a timeline that you guys made or is it a pointless effort?
                        We've got a design document we try to keep updated.

Comment

• My god, Arms is incredible. You guys did some excellent work. I'll admit I wasn't expecting Karvara to be *that* much of an Evangelion reference. XD It kind of makes me very interested in some other Artifact N/A warstriders which stretch the definition of that term...

Anyway, a question! The Solar hearthstone Jewel of the Shining Heart says that you choose a Defining Intimacy and "treat it as a relevant specialty for that action". Does that mean you get the normal +1 specialty bonus, or do you get the bonus normally associated with something being boosted with a Defining Intimacy?

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

• Originally posted by CycloneJoker View Post
                            My god, Arms is incredible. You guys did some excellent work.
                            Thank you!

Originally posted by CycloneJoker View Post
                            Anyway, a question! The Solar hearthstone Jewel of the Shining Heart says that you choose a Defining Intimacy and "treat it as a relevant specialty for that action". Does that mean you get the normal +1 specialty bonus, or do you get the bonus normally associated with something being boosted with a Defining Intimacy?
                            You get the normal +1 specialty bonus.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                              You get the normal +1 specialty bonus.
                              Thank you, in return!

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

• Given that the evocation guidelines for the various artifact ratings given in Arms seem to be more about scope of effect than mechanical advantage, what is it about Unison that makes it rate at 5 dots?

Comment

Working...
                                X