This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hark View Post
    Given that one of the major roles in the Realm is the of a Bureaucrat, so much that they have a whole secondary school dedicated to it, might we expect to see more in terms of rules for Bureaucracy and Bureaucratic actions in the upcoming Dragon-Blooded book?
    No, that's the kind of thing that would make the most sense in a Storyteller's Guide.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
      Some War Questions

In the upcoming dragonblooded book are there any systems on how they handle warfare vs anathema. Do they get any stratagems vs them?
      On a similar point could custom Stratagems created by Immortal Warlord’s Tactic prepare a battlegroup for battle vs a single powerful exalted like a solar or Behemoth?
      Dragon-Blooded War Charms enable a number of magical stratagems.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So there was a thing in the errata for Abyssals in 2nd I'm curious about. Basically there's a part that says any time a mortal fails a moral check in the same scene as they'd seen a deathknight's banner at the iconic level the mortal(s) would have to spend willpower or gouge out their own eyes, or something on that level of self destruction. At the moment does that seem like a thing that might still end up with the Abyssals?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          Dragon-Blooded War Charms enable a number of magical stratagems.
          Will there be any way for them to deal with Battle-Visionary’s Foresight, or is that encounter just supposed to go "You automatically lose, no context."? I mean, it certainly seems in the wheelhouse of what a Solar warcharm should do, but doing it without any kind of contest seems a bit much.

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
          Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
          Some Lintha QCs
          A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• When using first movement of the demiurge does it enhance the extra dice added from experiential conjuring of the first void? Or the whole roll?
            Last edited by Malfi; 11-24-2017, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Is prophesy and looking into the future things that can be done with a working?
              If yes, how far could i go with the different circles?

Comment

• Are there any plans to to publish a guideline on how to deconstruct a creature's stats to find out what are its attributes and abilities? Like example in the Storyteller's Guide?

I'm asking because when we use Survival Charms to train familiars, not knowing what the stats are is a headache, especially when sometimes the numbers do not add up and the merits/flaws don't explain adequately.

Comment

• First of all, wanted to thank the Devs for an amazing book, Arms of the Chosen is incredible.
                  Now, onto the actual question: for Baldaquin (the Eclipse-y armor on page 94 of Arms), what counts as being an intermediary?
                  For example, if I represent the Circle my character is part of, does that count?
                  Does my character have to be subordinate to whatever they are representing in order to benefit from this artifact's evocations, or can they be equals?

Comment

• Originally posted by wern212 View Post
                    First of all, wanted to thank the Devs for an amazing book, Arms of the Chosen is incredible.
                    Thank you for the kind words!

Originally posted by wern212 View Post
                    Now, onto the actual question: for Baldaquin (the Eclipse-y armor on page 94 of Arms), what counts as being an intermediary?
                    For example, if I represent the Circle my character is part of, does that count?
                    Does my character have to be subordinate to whatever they are representing in order to benefit from this artifact's evocations, or can they be equals?
                    Your standing in the organization doesn't matter, whether you're a subordinate, peer, or leader. All that matters is that you're a legitimate representative of the organization traveling on official diplomatic business.
                    Last edited by Eric Minton; 11-24-2017, 01:50 PM.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Can we get a pronunciation guide for the names of the five immaculate dragons?

I feel like *most* of the proper nouns in Exalted are pretty straightforward to pronounce, but I can think of at least five different ways to pronounce Sextes Jylis, and I feel pretty silly not knowing the correct way to pronounce it at my table.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        The tools are the expenditure. You don't have to keep making multiple purchases. Words-as-Workshop could probably replace it entirely.

Obviously if you have that charm you can just use it repeatedly, but without it are any of those resources 4 supplies 'consumed' when you make repairs to your Warstrider? It seems reasonable that repairing 10 health levels would be more expensive than just two, but is there a per HL cost, or is that beneath the system resolution?

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
                          Is prophesy and looking into the future things that can be done with a working?
                          If yes, how far could i go with the different circles?
                          Storyteller call.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by serGregness View Post

Obviously if you have that charm you can just use it repeatedly, but without it are any of those resources 4 supplies 'consumed' when you make repairs to your Warstrider? It seems reasonable that repairing 10 health levels would be more expensive than just two, but is there a per HL cost, or is that beneath the system resolution?
                            Not at a level that's worth tracking mechanically.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by jemc- View Post
                              Can we get a pronunciation guide for the names of the five immaculate dragons?

I feel like *most* of the proper nouns in Exalted are pretty straightforward to pronounce, but I can think of at least five different ways to pronounce Sextes Jylis, and I feel pretty silly not knowing the correct way to pronounce it at my table.
                              I can't give you official pronunciations, but I can tell you how I do it.

Mela: MELL-uh

Pasiap: Pah-SEE-awp

Hesiesh: hesh-EE-esh

Danaa'd: duh-NAHD

Sextes Jylis: SEX-tis JILL-is

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
                                So there was a thing in the errata for Abyssals in 2nd I'm curious about. Basically there's a part that says any time a mortal fails a moral check in the same scene as they'd seen a deathknight's banner at the iconic level the mortal(s) would have to spend willpower or gouge out their own eyes, or something on that level of self destruction. At the moment does that seem like a thing that might still end up with the Abyssals?
                                Maybe as a Charm.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X