Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has the Silver Pact ever successfully poised an immediate existential threat to the Realm? I'm imagining a full scale invasion of the Blessed Isle, paved for by Changing Moon sabotage, with Full Moon Kaiju suddenly appearing in all the major cities, and the Empress having to deploy her full arsenal of Warstriders (including piloting one of the royal Warstriders she wouldn't trust to anyone else herself).

    Obviously it having happened would mean including another example of Lunars failing, but at the same time it might help them come across as a more active threat


    Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

    Comment


    • What's the current planned roadmap for books after Dragon-Blooded is done?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Black Paper Moon View Post
        What's the current planned roadmap for books after Dragon-Blooded is done?
        We've already turned in our final drafts of Dragon-Blooded and The Realm for editing, and we're currently focused on ramping up toward Lunars.

        We're working on pitches for the next few books to come immediately after Lunars, but we'd rather not discuss them until the pitches are approved by Onyx Path and White Wolf.


        Developer for Exalted.

        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

        Comment


        • Was Brighid still the first Sorceress back during the First Age? Or does the nature of Sorcery in Third Edition make it impossible to pin down a single origin, and there were probably Exalted Sorcerers in the War on the Gods?


          Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

          Comment


          • Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
            Was Brighid still the first Sorceress back during the First Age? Or does the nature of Sorcery in Third Edition make it impossible to pin down a single origin, and there were probably Exalted Sorcerers in the War on the Gods?
            There were Exalted sorcerers during the Divine Revolution, although that doesn't necessarily rule out Brigid as a claimant to the title of first Exalted sorcerer.


            Developer for Exalted

            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

            Robert Vance's Patreon

            Comment


            • Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
              Was Brighid still the first Sorceress back during the First Age? Or does the nature of Sorcery in Third Edition make it impossible to pin down a single origin, and there were probably Exalted Sorcerers in the War on the Gods?
              The story of Brigid is known in the Time of Tumult (though the Dragon-Blooded say she was one of their own). The passage of millennia, however, makes the truth of the matter difficult to ascertain.

              EDIT: Ninja'd!


              Developer for Exalted.

              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

              Comment


              • About how many Dragon-Blooded are on Gloam and now in thrall to whatever has been woken up? Has anyone noticed, yet, that Something Is Up? Not the Realm, but, like, traders and captains? Is it whispered in the taverns of Port Calin that "Best to avoid Gloam right now."?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                  Liminals are definitely undead, but have an active metabolism like Joe Alive Human. Notable exception is that the likely can't have children naturally.
                  Okay, now I'm curious: if a neomah takes, say, skin from a Liminal's arm, whom will the child resemble? The Liminal, patchwork body and all? The arm's original owner? The person whose attempted resurrection resulted in the creation of the Liminal?


                  Evocations for the demonic tattoos gained from the Pact with Mara sorcerous initiation || Pyre-Kindler (Soulsteel and Red Jade Grimscythe, Artifact 3) || Tenebrous Descent (Stormcaller's Black Jade Reaver Daiklave cousin, Artifact 5)
                  Advice for running the corebook shikari antagonists

                  Comment


                  • Has anyone mentioned that there's no rule that tells us attacking from concealment reveals you?

                    I can find that rule alluded in Observer-Deceiving Attack, but it's never actually stated ANYWHERE in the rules on Stealth.


                    Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

                    My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

                      We've already turned in our final drafts of Dragon-Blooded and The Realm for editing, and we're currently focused on ramping up toward Lunars.

                      We're working on pitches for the next few books to come immediately after Lunars, but we'd rather not discuss them until the pitches are approved by Onyx Path and White Wolf.
                      Respecting your desire to keep the specifics of your in-progress stuff under wraps, are you averse to talking about the general process at all? What kinds of questions and concerns do you need to address when writing your pitch? Do the rights holders ever question the business merit of a pitch ("We're not exactly sure an exhausting treatise on period appropriate poisons and venoms is worth our time")? As Developers, do you and Robert have any leeway in going forward on stuff that the higher ups may not be wild about?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by serGregness View Post
                        What kinds of questions and concerns do you need to address when writing your pitch?
                        It sums up the theme, tone, and high concept of the book. I see it as trying to express my excitement for the book in a way that will make others excited.

                        Do the rights holders ever question the business merit of a pitch ("We're not exactly sure an exhausting treatise on period appropriate poisons and venoms is worth our time")?
                        Lunars is our first rodeo when it comes to pitches (Arms, Dragon-Blooded, and the Realm had already been approved). If the rights holders aren't happy with a pitch, well, rejecting that is one of the rights they hold. Not something I lose sleep over, though.

                        As Developers, do you and Robert have any leeway in going forward on stuff that the higher ups may not be wild about?
                        So far, we haven't been encountered that situation. Rose Bailey, our main contact with Onyx Path, has been absolutely fantastic to work with.


                        Developer for Exalted

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Robert Vance's Patreon

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by aluminiumtrioxid View Post

                          Okay, now I'm curious: if a neomah takes, say, skin from a Liminal's arm, whom will the child resemble? The Liminal, patchwork body and all? The arm's original owner? The person whose attempted resurrection resulted in the creation of the Liminal?
                          It'd probably resemble the Liminal, which necessarily means resembling the person or people the Liminal was made from. They won't have Frankenstitches or anything, though.


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Anaximander View Post
                            About how many Dragon-Blooded are on Gloam and now in thrall to whatever has been woken up?
                            The book doesn't specify beyond "a small contingent," and I see little benefit to nailing that down further, as opposed to letting Storytellers pick whatever suits their game best.

                            Has anyone noticed, yet, that Something Is Up? Not the Realm, but, like, traders and captains? Is it whispered in the taverns of Port Calin that "Best to avoid Gloam right now."?
                            It's entirely possible that someone who's been to Gloam recently might have picked up on something being off and spread rumors around, but it's certainly not common knowledge.


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • If a character has been poisoned, does the penalty from it apply to defenses: Parry, Dodge, Guile, and Resolve? If so, do you apply the penalty directly to the rating or do you calculate it based on the dicepool?


                              Placeholder

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                                If a character has been poisoned, does the penalty from it apply to defenses: Parry, Dodge, Guile, and Resolve? If so, do you apply the penalty directly to the rating or do you calculate it based on the dicepool?
                                Does apply to applications of static values, and subtracts directly from them.

                                EDIT: Got it wrong the first time.
                                Last edited by Robert Vance; 11-29-2017, 09:15 AM.


                                Developer for Exalted

                                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                                Robert Vance's Patreon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X