This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
    The historical revisionist villians of my game will just have to rely on the older methods then. -sigh-
    You're the Storyteller. If you want it to wipe out larger chunks of history, go for it.

Since your mapping out Lunar charms to soem degree, any idea on what MAs will be in that book?
    Yes, but I'd rather not talk about those plans, at least until we get to a point where I can confidently say any given style is gonna get replaced with another one.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      It makes it possible to dodge "any undesirable effect," including things that aren't attacks at all.
      Oh, neat. Looking forward to Sids, they were always my favorite.

Though Getimians will probably be up there when we know more.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Yes, but I'd rather not talk about those plans, at least until we get to a point where I can confidently say any given style is gonna get replaced with another one.
        Hey DJ! Do you take requests? :V

Maybe not for the main book, but kickstarter stretch goals again?

Comment

• Originally posted by serGregness View Post

Hey DJ! Do you take requests? :V

Maybe not for the main book, but kickstarter stretch goals again?
          In future, Kickstarter stretch goals will provide supplementary material to be published separately from the book itself, in the vein of Miracles of the Solar Exalted. We want the text of the book proper to be completely finished by the time we reach the Kickstarter stage. This way we don't delay the book in order to write and incorporate stretch goals, and we don't risk ending up with an incomplete-feeling book if some stretch goals are missed (or a bloated-feeling book if enough stretch goals are hit).

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
            In future, Kickstarter stretch goals will provide supplementary material to be published separately from the book itself, in the vein of Miracles of the Solar Exalted. We want the text of the book proper to be completely finished by the time we reach the Kickstarter stage. This way we don't delay the book in order to write and incorporate stretch goals, and we don't risk ending up with an incomplete-feeling book if some stretch goals are missed (or a bloated-feeling book if enough stretch goals are hit).
            You guys have said this before, but it's wonderful to see it restated in a place I can quote directly. This is the best approach and I cannot thank you enough for it.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
            I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

It's meant to be an Evocations' worth. When the stars align to revise the Solar Charms, Racing Hare Method on its lonesome isn't going to be as fast as that.
              So I've been really surprised to see you mention revising the Solar Charms a couple times lately. Can you give us any detail on the hows and whys of that? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Therian View Post
                So I've been really surprised to see you mention revising the Solar Charms a couple times lately. Can you give us any detail on the hows and whys of that? Thanks!
                The Solar Charmset is largely solid, but there's some ambiguities and unclear language that seem to be persistent issues for folks that could be cleared up. I'd like to do that at some point, as a revised version of the corebook pdf itself, but that happening is going to be contingent on a lot of other things - primarily, me asking Onyx Path and getting their okay for it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• This may be a too soon question regarding lunar artifacts, but could a moonsilver weapon like tiger claws unlock an evocation that morphs the claws into talons for a lunar’s war/totem forms? Like a lunar with a stryx totem?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

But, since the poison penalties also subtract directly from other dice pools, doesn't that effectively double the penalty for static values? That seems like it could be problematic.

I think I can help with this one. Static values are not based on dice pools but on attribute+ability. No matter what penalties (or bonuses) your actions might have, your attribute/ability dots remain the same. Same applies when counting the max dice you can benefit from when it comes to excelencies (or other charm dice). If you got 3 brawl and 4 dexterity with a -2 penalty, be it from poison or wounds, the maximum charm dice you can benefit from is still 7 for a total of 12 dice (3+4-2+7) as the penalty only lowers your dice pool. Not the attribute/ability.

So no, there is no double dipping in the penalty. Penalty is simply applied to the static value straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

And would something like full MA trees be larger than what you think you'd be looking to put in those supplements? I suppose a full Martial Art isn't much bigger than something like an Artifact and its evocations, but from what I remember the majority of backer stuff for the core was individual charms, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by serGregness View Post

And would something like full MA trees be larger than what you think you'd be looking to put in those supplements? I suppose a full Martial Art isn't much bigger than something like an Artifact and its evocations, but from what I remember the majority of backer stuff for the core was individual charms, right?
                        Full MA trees would fit into stretch goal word count if we wanted to use them for stretch goals, sure. It's something we might consider for Sidereals.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• I have a question from one of my my game master:

He wanted to know if lorewise Solar Brawl Charms users were refined enough to be considered martial artists , or if they were just considered particulary mean punchers.
                          And if they can be considered martial artists, knowing that mortals aren't able to use Solar Brawl Charms like they were able to use Solar Martial Arts in second edition, are Solar exalted automatically recognised as Solar Exalted if they use a Solar Brawl Charm, and if they're not why aren't they?

The point about them being or not martial artist is if Solar Brawl Charms users can or cannot compete in martial arts tournaments which are open to martial artist only.

Comment

Maybe. It'd be fun to do more, but not every splat has room for one.
                            I do not want to be the person responsible for performing maintenance/cleanup after a Liminal warstrider gets taken out for a spin!

Incidentally, kudos to the devs for making warstriders something I find generally cool and certainly not objectionable in this edition. They (and the whole mass production magitech/the sun is a Transformer thing) really got on my last nerve in 2nd Edition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenshinzen View Post
                              And if they can be considered martial artists, knowing that mortals aren't able to use Solar Brawl Charms like they were able to use Solar Martial Arts in second edition, are Solar exalted automatically recognised as Solar Exalted if they use a Solar Brawl Charm, and if they're not why aren't they?
                              Not all Brawl Charms are obviously supernaturally magical, and even when you use that are, a layman's not going to be able to tell a Solar Charm from the divine might of a war god.

The point about them being or not martial artist is if Solar Brawl Charms users can or cannot compete in martial arts tournaments which are open to martial artist only.
                              The division between Brawl and Martial Arts on your character sheet isn't one that's reflected in the reality of Creation. Snobby martial artists might complain that the brawler practices no style, has no master, attended no dojo, has no lineage, follows no code - but "he's not a real martial artist!" isn't really a statement that makes sense.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

The Solar Charmset is largely solid, but there's some ambiguities and unclear language that seem to be persistent issues for folks that could be cleared up. I'd like to do that at some point, as a revised version of the corebook pdf itself, but that happening is going to be contingent on a lot of other things - primarily, me asking Onyx Path and getting their okay for it.
                                I am right now deeply regretting to only have one "like" to give to your post (a thousand would be more appropriate)

. I must say that I would blindly bye the revised book.

An actual question though : would you let the community help with an "errata"/suggestion thread? (I can imagine it would raise *some* enthousiasm)

French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
                                Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
                                Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

Comment

Working...
                                X