This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
    Incidentally, kudos to the devs for making warstriders something I find generally cool and certainly not objectionable in this edition. They (and the whole mass production magitech/the sun is a Transformer thing) really got on my last nerve in 2nd Edition.
    Thanks! 10char

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Refhi View Post
      I am right now deeply regretting to only have one "like" to give to your post (a thousand would be more appropriate)

. I must say that I would blindly bye the revised book.

An actual question though : would you let the community help with an "errata"/suggestion thread? (I can imagine it would raise *some* enthousiasm)
      I've been following people's feedback on issues and ambiguities in the Solar Charmset since it first leaked, and a lot of the stuff that would go into the revision would be culled from the answers in this thread. Which, I guess, is a roundabout way of saying that a suggestions thread wouldn't be necessary, as folks are already doing that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Saipjas View Post
        This may be a too soon question regarding lunar artifacts, but could a moonsilver weapon like tiger claws unlock an evocation that morphs the claws into talons for a lunar’s war/totem forms? Like a lunar with a stryx totem?
        Currently, I'm playing around with a Strength Charm that lets you do this for any moonsilver weapon.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post

The division between Brawl and Martial Arts on your character sheet isn't one that's reflected in the reality of Creation. Snobby martial artists might complain that the brawler practices no style, has no master, attended no dojo, has no lineage, follows no code - but "he's not a real martial artist!" isn't really a statement that makes sense.
          Reminds me of Goku's first tournament.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Congratulations on Arms, Vance and Minton! (and the entire team, really.) I was rather down on Exalted the past many months, with my last post here already showing the marks of my growing distaste for the game, but... I have to say, Arms (which my friends gushed about for a good long while before I looked in) has certainly turned me around. It is a quality product, and I love to see the quality in the details (such as the care taken in adding eras, different figures, and just adding rich, vibrant lore every other page.)

And this thread... is quite heartening, too. While I was a little disheartened of the writer-player relationship established before, you have, if anything, shown yourselves (especially Vance) to be too nice, patient, and charitable, even to certain... insistent requests. See if you guys don't burn out with this!

Anyway! Questions!

Is Greyfalls still going to be a faraway Realm-based culture, like Prasad, or is it going to get scrapped? Or turned into something else (A kingdom of Prester John of sorts?)

Are the Linowan keeping their masks? I always found that a rather fascinating part of their culture. Will they still have talisman-style minor statblocks, be turned into 2-dot artifacts, or something similar?

Just to be clear, White Veil Style does not exist, and it is absolutely not on the table for any upcoming sourcebooks, right?

I have 3e season-calendars done in a couple different ways, some keeping the seasons equal, and some having immense summers - almost twice as large as autumns and winters - due to the way the sidebar on seasons and months was written in the core. Which one do you consider correct?

Can we hear what the scrapped DB-connected Exalted ideas was already? It's not like it was a big deal that the 1e community knew the information in The Making of Exalted, you know. Lunars were Fair Folk allies, DBs were the main characters, that has never ruined the experience.

Comment

• How should poison that damages initiative be handled outside of combat? Arrow frog venom at least can be contracted through digestion, at least, and I don't think the book says what to do with that. I guess it's up to Storyteller adjudication (and I can think of a few ways to handle it), but I was wondering if anyone had a more official answer.

Also, the poison rules say non-standard damage is applied directly rather than rolled. It mentions Essence and Willpower as examples, but does non-standard include initiative?

Comment

The Solar Charmset is largely solid, but there's some ambiguities and unclear language that seem to be persistent issues for folks that could be cleared up. I'd like to do that at some point, as a revised version of the corebook pdf itself, but that happening is going to be contingent on a lot of other things - primarily, me asking Onyx Path and getting their okay for it.
                That'd be great. Though I can see the difficulty, as it's a bit awkward to either a)charge people for errata, or b)get Onyx Path to agree to you doing work that they can't charge for.

It would be great though. It'd definitely make running the game easier. As you say, the charmset's largely solid, there's just a lot of charms that aren't quite as clear as they could be.

On an unrelated note: When in a warstrider, do you add your Stamina to the soak of the warstrider? Or just use its soak of 10-16 by itself? On the one hand, I thought since you can't boost soak and health levels go to the warstrider's health levels, it'd make sense for your Stamina to not be factored in.
                On the other hand, if you don't add it, warstriders have about the same soak as a guy in articulated plate, potentially less (especially for Godspeed Vanguard). But maybe that's the intention, to stop soaks being far too high.
                Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 12-01-2017, 05:12 PM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Colapso View Post
                  Congratulations on Arms, Vance and Minton! (and the entire team, really.) I was rather down on Exalted the past many months, with my last post here already showing the marks of my growing distaste for the game, but... I have to say, Arms (which my friends gushed about for a good long while before I looked in) has certainly turned me around. It is a quality product, and I love to see the quality in the details (such as the care taken in adding eras, different figures, and just adding rich, vibrant lore every other page.)
                  Thank you for the kind words!

Originally posted by Colapso View Post
                  And this thread... is quite heartening, too. While I was a little disheartened of the writer-player relationship established before, you have, if anything, shown yourselves (especially Vance) to be too nice, patient, and charitable, even to certain... insistent requests. See if you guys don't burn out with this!
                  Vance really is the best.

Anyway! Questions!

Is Greyfalls still going to be a faraway Realm-based culture, like Prasad, or is it going to get scrapped? Or turned into something else (A kingdom of Prester John of sorts?)
                  Greyfalls will be covered briefly in The Realm. It's pretty close to its presentation in Scavenger Sons, at least in the broad strokes, though there are some noteworthy additions, such as the Golden Road to Ixcoatli.

Are the Linowan keeping their masks? I always found that a rather fascinating part of their culture. Will they still have talisman-style minor statblocks, be turned into 2-dot artifacts, or something similar?
                  Linowan masks are still a thing, though we haven't worked out their mechanical details yet. (They were in an early draft of Arms of the Chosen, but were cut because we weren't satisfied with their implementation.)

Just to be clear, White Veil Style does not exist, and it is absolutely not on the table for any upcoming sourcebooks, right?
                  If White Veil Style existed, it would appear in Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought.

I have 3e season-calendars done in a couple different ways, some keeping the seasons equal, and some having immense summers - almost twice as large as autumns and winters - due to the way the sidebar on seasons and months was written in the core. Which one do you consider correct?
                  Seasons differ from place to place and culture to culture, just like in the real world. Note that the five elemental cycles aren't supposed to map squarely to the four seasons, in a similar fashion to how real-world yearly quarters (Q1=Jan/Feb/Mar) don't map squarely to our own seasons.

Can we hear what the scrapped DB-connected Exalted ideas was already? It's not like it was a big deal that the 1e community knew the information in The Making of Exalted, you know. Lunars were Fair Folk allies, DBs were the main characters, that has never ruined the experience.
                  I'll leave that to Vance, assuming he doesn't have any secret plans to repurpose and reuse them for some future setting element.
                  Last edited by Eric Minton; 12-01-2017, 05:38 PM.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                    Linowan masks are still a thing, though we haven't worked out their mechanical details yet. (They were in an early draft of Arms of the Chosen, but were cut because we weren't satisfied with their implementation.)
                    All of your other replies are exciting, Eric, but knowing this much thought is being put in the masks (one of those setting details I often feel everyone forgets but me) is downright exhilarating. Looking forward to seeing them fully-realized, wherever they end up! (Still thinking of using the name 'Different Skies' for a setting book?)

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                    Greyfalls will be covered briefly in The Realm. It's pretty close to its presentation in Scavenger Sons, at least in the broad strokes, though there are some noteworthy additions, such as the Golden Road to Ixcoatli.
                    My players are in a kingdom not too far away about to spread out to dealing with international diplomacy, so this is very good to know. A war, cold or hot, with Greyfalls is clearly on the plans, now.

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                    Seasons differ from place to place and culture to culture, just like in the real world. Note that the five elemental cycles aren't supposed to map squarely to the four seasons, in a similar fashion to how real-world yearly quarters (Q1=Jan/Feb/Mar) don't map squarely to our own seasons.
                    Right. So I will keep thinking of our arrangement of seasons as correct, at least to the part of the world the game is taking place in.

An additional question, a bit more of an odd one: in previous editions, Lookshy was always described in a bit too favorable, even masturbatory, light. As I imagine you will do it differently... if you were to skewer Lookshy for its faults, in the same manner as pretty much all the past devs have skewered the Realm (and with the full understanding that, like with the Realm, it does have its positives too), how would you do it?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                      On an unrelated note: When in a warstrider, do you add your Stamina to the soak of the warstrider? Or just use its soak of 10-16 by itself? On the one hand, I thought since you can't boost soak and health levels go to the warstrider's health levels, it'd make sense for your Stamina to not be factored in.
                      On the other hand, if you don't add it, warstriders have about the same soak as a guy in articulated plate, potentially less (especially for Godspeed Vanguard). But maybe that's the intention, to stop soaks being far too high.
                      You don't add your Stamina.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenix_Kensai View Post
                        How should poison that damages initiative be handled outside of combat? Arrow frog venom at least can be contracted through digestion, at least, and I don't think the book says what to do with that. I guess it's up to Storyteller adjudication (and I can think of a few ways to handle it), but I was wondering if anyone had a more official answer.
                        If White Veil style existed, it would be accompanied by a sidebar on this topic. Since it, of course, does not exist, here's the sidebar.
                        Poison Outside of Combat
                        If a character is exposed to poison that deals Initiative damage outside of combat, the Storyteller should call for him to make a Join Battle roll. This doesn’t represent him suddenly becoming aware of hidden poisoners, but supplies him with a buffer of Initiative for the poison’s damage to wear down before he’s crashed and begins suffering decisive damage from it. If combat begins, perhaps as a result of the victim or his allies finding the hidden assassin, he carries over the result of his initial roll rather than making another Join Battle roll.

Also, the poison rules say non-standard damage is applied directly rather than rolled. It mentions Essence and Willpower as examples, but does non-standard include initiative?
                        No.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Colapso View Post
                          They were the Devianics, demon-created Exalted with a power level comparable to the Dragon-Blooded. They had a small degree of intermingling with the Realm. I believe they were cut because of the difficulty of differentiating them from "the Infernal Exalted, but weaker."

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

They were the Devianics, demon-created Exalted with a power level comparable to the Dragon-Blooded. They had a small degree of intermingling with the Realm. I believe they were cut because of the difficulty of differentiating them from "the Infernal Exalted, but weaker."
                            Interesting! Really, really interesting. And yeah, I can see the issues, there.

Thank you for the honesty, Vance, really.

Comment

Where these exalted one of the five shown on page 53(?) of the corebook or are those five still in the works?

Comment

• Originally posted by Calboon View Post

Where these exalted one of the five shown on page 53(?) of the corebook or are those five still in the works?
                                Devianics were dropped as a concept long before the corebook was printed. We still have plans for all the "mystery Exalted."

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X