This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    How's The Realm (is that what it's called) going?

I know you guys said that "What Fire has Wrought: the Dragonblood" has been sent to editing. I just wondered if you've started/finished/are halfway through The Realm.
    The Realm is in editing, just Like Dragon Blooded, according to the MMNs.

Comment

• Many questions:

-Will there be a french physical version of the base book? Because I wants to buy a physical copy of the book for practical reasons, but if I could avoid buying the same book twice it would be nice.

-Should a Brawl based charm which produce à distant attack absolutely have to be weaker than a close combat Brawl based charm whatever the cost, either because of lore, balance or design reasons?

-In that idea: would that one be correct lorewise/ balance wise:

Final Flash (mainly inspired by Burning Sky Apocalypse Strike ruleset)
      Cost: 15m, 3a, 1wp
      Mins: Brawl 5, Essence 5
      Type: Simple
      Keywords: Decisive-only
      Duration: Instant
      Prerequisite Charms: Apocalypse Flare Attack, Ascendant Battle Visage.

The lawgiver concentrate her very own essence before unleashing it in the form of a pure energy wave which strikes everything (allies included) in a line within four range bands.
      This Charm can only be triggered at 20+ Initiative, and the 3 anima cost can be ignored if Ascendant Battle Visage is active.
      Roll the Solar’s Dexterity + Brawl once and apply the result to the entire group. Targets struck by this attack undergo half the lawgiver Initiative (rounded up) in hardness-ignoring decisive damage dices.
      Last edited by Kenshinzen; 12-03-2017, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Is it unwise to become pregnant an Calibration? Does Creation have any inaccurate (or accurate) superstitions regarding children conceived of or born on Creation?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
          How's The Realm (is that what it's called) going?

I know you guys said that "What Fire has Wrought: the Dragonblood" has been sent to editing. I just wondered if you've started/finished/are halfway through The Realm.
          As noted above, The Realm is currently in editing, and we're working on art notes.

Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought is just about to come back to us from editing for post-editing development, and the first preliminary sketches are coming in from the art team.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Does a character need Lore 3 and Occult 3 to repair Sekhem? How long did you intend the major project to fix it to take?

Comment

• Originally posted by nihnoz View Post
              Does a character need Lore 3 and Occult 3 to repair Sekhem?
              Repairing Sekhem requires Craft (Artifacts), and Craft (Artifacts) requires Lore 3 and Occult 3, so yes.

Originally posted by nihnoz View Post
              How long did you intend the major project to fix it to take?
              A few hours, maybe up to a few days in extreme cases. It's not meant to require weeks as per the outlier description in the craft rules. Please post this on the errata thread for clarification in the final version.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• I've run into a disagreement with a player, and I'd like to ask for some clarification on the spell Stormwind Rider.

Stormwind Rider, like Invulnerable Skin of Bronze and Wood Dragon Claws, contains powers gained by characters with an Essence pool while the spell is active. Unlike WDC and ISoB, Stormwind Rider lists those powers after its control spell benefits, instead of before. My interpretation is that those powers are thus only gained if Stormwind Rider is your control spell, while his interpretation is that the formatting is just a little messed up and those powers are actually gained by any Essence user. I'll admit that the introduction of those powers doesn't actually say anything about it needing to be a control spell; I'm only reading that limitation off of where the text is placed.

Which is correct? Does Stormwind Rider need to be your control spell in order to use Enduring Tempest and Zephyr Rush, or no?

He also asked me whether the "Stormwind Rider is treated as a flying mount" clause means that using ranged weapons from inside Stormwind Rider requires that they have the Mounted tag or not. I'm thinking yes, they do need Mounted, but I can see the argument that being carried aloft in a whirlwind is more akin to riding a palanquin than a horse or even riding hawk.

Comment

• Actually, on the subject of sekhem, it says heat reduces if you don't attack with it. Does using the bayonet keep the heat steady for that turn or does it still cool down?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

As noted above, The Realm is currently in editing, and we're working on art notes.

Dragon-Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought is just about to come back to us from editing for post-editing development, and the first preliminary sketches are coming in from the art team.
                    Ah, cool. Is the plan to release What Fire has Wrought first?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                      Actually, on the subject of sekhem, it says heat reduces if you don't attack with it. Does using the bayonet keep the heat steady for that turn or does it still cool down?
                      That's supposed to specify firing Sekhem. Please post in the errata thread, thanks!

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post

That's supposed to specify firing Sekhem. Please post in the errata thread, thanks!
                        Ooh, I'll have to note that. I assumed that the quote "This includes bayonet attacks; fire rolls out along the blade, turning it white-hot." meant that the bayonet both prevented heat from decreasing AND got the bonus withering damage from Heat level.

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

• As written that is how it sounds. I only asked because, on reflection, it doesn't actually make that much sense. But with artifacts you can never really be sure.

"Why does stabbing people stop it cooling down?"
                          "IDK, magic I guess"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                            Which is correct? Does Stormwind Rider need to be your control spell in order to use Enduring Tempest and Zephyr Rush, or no?
                            It does not.

He also asked me whether the "Stormwind Rider is treated as a flying mount" clause means that using ranged weapons from inside Stormwind Rider requires that they have the Mounted tag or not. I'm thinking yes, they do need Mounted, but I can see the argument that being carried aloft in a whirlwind is more akin to riding a palanquin than a horse or even riding hawk.
                            I don't think excluding non-Mounted weapons makes as much sense for a whirlwind as it does for a horse.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If someone uses something like Graceful Crane Stance to stand on their horse like a surfboard in order to get around the lack of a mounted tag on their weapon do they still count as mounted or not?

Comment

• Since I'm on a kick of questions that will probably get shunted to the Errata thread, what's the weapon profile of Sekhem's Bayonet? The description of firewands in core suggests medium, but the (Close +1, +14 DMG) bit in Arms suggests Heavy.

Comment

Working...
                                X