X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Read Intentions count as a Social Influence roll for the purposes of Harmonious Presence Meditation?

Comment

• If someone sticks the Gem of Incomparable Wellness and another hearthstone in a level 3 Daiklave and then sends them elsewhere using the elsewhere storage charm and never removes the Daiklave, how does one kill them permanently?

I mean, I get that's a lot of resources to put into being immune to permanent death, but I thought that being entirely immune to dying was a no-no in 3e.

Comment

• Can you socket the Stone of the Ram's Horn into a ranged weapon? I thought ranged Smashing attacks were a potential problem?

Comment

• Twilight Alice has a Gem of Sapphire and Emerald and knows both Evocations. Alice has 6i and an antagonistic sorcerer with 12i shoots at Alice and her cohorts with Obsidian Butterflies on his turn. Alice reflexively activates Frozen Sorcery to stop it.

Now, because rolling to disrupt the spell is an action, it should stay frozen until the 6i tick regardless. At that tick, Alice attempts to break the spell. If she fails, the spell thaws over the next round and finally takes effect at the beginning of the next 6i tick, before she can do anything.

Is that correct?

Presumably during that round and a half everyone had where the spell was frozen, they could have all just ...walked out of the way, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Khazadir View Post
            Does Read Intentions count as a Social Influence roll for the purposes of Harmonious Presence Meditation?
            No. Influence rolls are instills, persuades, threatens, bargains, inspires, and then any Charms or other effects that tell you to make a special inspire roll.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Voyd211 View Post
              Will God-Bloods, ghosts, raksha and mortals be playable in EX3?
              Mortals are fully playable out of the core. The rest will get treatment in later books—while they may not all be fully aimed at the PC experience, we're going to try to make them playable wherever possible.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                If someone sticks the Gem of Incomparable Wellness and another hearthstone in a level 3 Daiklave and then sends them elsewhere using the elsewhere storage charm and never removes the Daiklave, how does one kill them permanently?

I mean, I get that's a lot of resources to put into being immune to permanent death, but I thought that being entirely immune to dying was a no-no in 3e.
                Hearthstones do you no good if the artifact they're socketed in is Elsewhere.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Can you socket the Stone of the Ram's Horn into a ranged weapon? I thought ranged Smashing attacks were a potential problem?
                  We're probably gonna tweak that in error correction.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Now, because rolling to disrupt the spell is an action, it should stay frozen until the 6i tick regardless. At that tick, Alice attempts to break the spell. If she fails, the spell thaws over the next round and finally takes effect at the beginning of the next 6i tick, before she can do anything.

Is that correct?
                    Yes, assuming Alice's Initiative doesn't change at all.

Presumably during that round and a half everyone had where the spell was frozen, they could have all just ...walked out of the way, right?
                    If you can make it out of range, you're good.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                      They either create or enhance an influence roll, as defined in the social influence section.
                      In that case what of your previous statements that Harmonious Presence Meditation discounts Resolve and Guile-enhancing Charms?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        Mortals are fully playable out of the core. The rest will get treatment in later books—while they may not all be fully aimed at the PC experience, we're going to try to make them playable wherever possible.
                        Alright, cool! God-Bloods are probably my favorite character type after Lunars.

On that note, is there a maximum base Essence for God-Blooded? I know that mortals can't go higher than 3, while spirits and Exalts can go all the way up to 10.

The Teller of Tales, and the Weaver of Dreams

Behold! My 2e characters.

Comment

• I just barely noticed this while poking around in Arms, and so wanted to be sure. Most Evocations and such in the book sem to have it so that they keep to the style guid eof having "she" for the actor and "he' for the subject, which while I am for gender-netural where possible, am happy it's consistent throughout the corebook for ease of being able to read effects.

I just noticed Design Beyond Limit's errata says he for the Charm user. Was this intended or something that probably should have been put in the errat thread?

And stuff.
                          My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post

In that case what of your previous statements that Harmonious Presence Meditation discounts Resolve and Guile-enhancing Charms?
                            Well, ain't past Vance just a big ol' fuckin' moron?

Harmonious Presence Meditation only discounts Charms that enhance or create influence rolls, not Resolve, Guile, or read intentions. If someone's gotta link to my old post, I can edit to fix it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
                              I just barely noticed this while poking around in Arms, and so wanted to be sure. Most Evocations and such in the book sem to have it so that they keep to the style guid eof having "she" for the actor and "he' for the subject, which while I am for gender-netural where possible, am happy it's consistent throughout the corebook for ease of being able to read effects.

I just noticed Design Beyond Limit's errata says he for the Charm user. Was this intended or something that probably should have been put in the errat thread?
                              The "he" refers to that artifact's owner, which doesn't have to be (but can be) the Charm user.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Voyd211 View Post

Alright, cool! God-Bloods are probably my favorite character type after Lunars.

On that note, is there a maximum base Essence for God-Blooded? I know that mortals can't go higher than 3, while spirits and Exalts can go all the way up to 10.
                                In past editions, God-Blooded apotheosized into spirits upon reaching Essence 4. Not sure whether that will stay.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X