Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How "strict" will be the attribute requirements for Lunar charms? There are some trees in the Solar charmset that are almost half ability 5 charms.

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
      How "strict" will be the attribute requirements for Lunar charms? There are some trees in the Solar charmset that are almost half ability 5 charms.
      Five dots in an Ability isn't the same things as five dots in an Attribute. Lunar minimums are assigned accordingly.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can a Solar and a Dragon Blooded working together produce more and/or better artifacts than either could alone, given a specific time frame, or does Craft not really work like that for Artifacts?

Placeholder

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          Dragon-Blooded, for example, follow an idiosyncratic progression. Because the default for character creation is Essence 2, the gap between their Essence 1 and Essence 2 Charms is much smaller. At Essence 3, they see a big spike in power with their Signature Charms, but their other Essence 3 Charms are less potent refinements of and expansions on their initial power. Essence 4 is a big spike in power, and then Essence 5 is cool endgame tricks.
          Is the power of their Essence 5 charms affected by the extreme rarity of Essence 5 Dragon-Blooded?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anasurimbor View Post
            Is the power of their Essence 5 charms affected by the extreme rarity of Essence 5 Dragon-Blooded?
            It's a consideration.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
              Can a Solar and a Dragon Blooded working together produce more and/or better artifacts than either could alone, given a specific time frame, or does Craft not really work like that for Artifacts?
              The crafting rules don't have any provisions for teamwork or cooperation (maybe a good topic for the Storyteller's Guide). However, because the personality and purpose of an artifact's creator plays a role in shaping its thematics and Evocations, a partnership will produce different artifacts than either artificer alone.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So, is an orichalcum daiklave made by a dragonblooded more likely to display elemental powers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                  So, is an orichalcum daiklave made by a dragonblooded more likely to display elemental powers?
                  No. The artificer's personality and the purpose for which they create an artifact shape its Evocations, not their type of Exaltation.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I've heard that Virtues are no longer A Thing in Ex3. With that in mind, what effect would that have on the Fair Folk, who in Ex2 are defined by their Virtues?

The Teller of Tales, and the Weaver of Dreams

Comment

• Does the increase in range from the archery charm There Is No Wind affects both withering and decisive?
                      And what awareness charms can increase the range? The only one i could understand is Unsurpassed(Sense)

Comment

• Originally posted by Voyd211 View Post
                        I've heard that Virtues are no longer A Thing in Ex3. With that in mind, what effect would that have on the Fair Folk, who in Ex2 are defined by their Virtues?
                        We haven't fully mapped out Fair Folk mechanics yet. They'll most likely still have Graces, and may feed on Intimacies.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaddar View Post
                          Does the increase in range from the archery charm There Is No Wind affects both withering and decisive?
                          Yes.

And what awareness charms can increase the range? The only one i could understand is Unsurpassed(Sense)
                          Basically, the requirement is that you have to be able to perceive the dude you're shooting at. In addition to Unsurpassed (Sense) Discipline, Keen Sight Technique explicitly increases the Solar's visual range, and Charms that contest Stealth like Knowing Beyond Silence and Scent-Honing Prana could assist in detecting hidden characters at extreme range.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            Because the default for character creation is Essence 2, the gap between their Essence 1 and Essence 2 Charms is much smaller.
                            I was expecting Dragon Blooded character creation to be roughly the same as it is for Solars, so this is interesting. Are you willing to say more yet about your reasons for starting them at Essence 2, or any other differences in character creation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenix_Kensai View Post

I was expecting Dragon Blooded character creation to be roughly the same as it is for Solars, so this is interesting. Are you willing to say more yet about your reasons for starting them at Essence 2, or any other differences in character creation?
                              Here's his original post about it in case he doesn't repeat it.

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              So, there's a trick to that.

The default character creation rules for a Dragon-Blood assume that you've already graduated from secondary school, which means you've been Exalted for a quite a while already. You don't start at Essence 1, but at Essence 2. This chargen gives you the same number of Charms as a Solar.

There's a sidebar with alternate rules for creating a freshly-Exalted Dragon-Blood, in case you want to play a Heptagram game or Revolutionary Girl Ejava or something. Those give you fewer Charms than Solars get.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                              I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

• Some more stealth questions.

If I am using Stalking Wolf Attitude and my opponents do not have a superhuman taste and touch and I am using blurred form style and Sound and Scent Banishing Attitude banishing sound and scent, Is this just a -5 to their roll to detect me or is this a situation where you would just roll dex+stealth uncontested to get initiative?
                                If I am using Stalking Wolf Attitude and had just uncommitted to the charm Flashing Nocturne Prana am I also rolling uncontested for those 2 rounds to build initiative?

Comment

Working...
                                X