X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
    Some more stealth questions.

If I am using Stalking Wolf Attitude and my opponents do not have a superhuman taste and touch and I am using blurred form style and Sound and Scent Banishing Attitude banishing sound and scent, Is this just a -5 to their roll to detect me or is this a situation where you would just roll dex+stealth uncontested to get initiative?
    They'd still get to roll. Blurred Form Style just adds a bonus to your Stealth; it doesn't make you impossible to detect with vision. Think Predator.

If I am using Stalking Wolf Attitude and had just uncommitted to the charm Flashing Nocturne Prana am I also rolling uncontested for those 2 rounds to build initiative?
    Yes.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenix_Kensai View Post

I was expecting Dragon Blooded character creation to be roughly the same as it is for Solars, so this is interesting. Are you willing to say more yet about your reasons for starting them at Essence 2, or any other differences in character creation?
      As he’s commented on it elsewhere: default Solar PCs are recently Exalted adults. Default DB PCs are adults who Exalted in their adolescence and (if Dynasts, Lookshyan, etc) have had years of training of how to use their abilities until they reached maturity. Hence the whole Secondary School thing in the Realm.

You can play a newly Exalted Essence 1 DB, but as that generally means playing an adolescent, it isn’t the default.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Would you say that the creation of a human being with traits equivalent to a 2-dot Retainer (possibly a bit broader than the abilities usually ascribed to a single one), be within the capabilities of Emerald Circle Sorcery?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
          Would you say that the creation of a human being with traits equivalent to a 2-dot Retainer (possibly a bit broader than the abilities usually ascribed to a single one), be within the capabilities of Emerald Circle Sorcery?
          A high-end Terrestrial working could create a human, but it wouldn't do anything to accelerate the aging and training process to pick up useful Retainer skills on its own. You'd probably want a low-end Celestial working.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Are there any particular guidelines to building NPCs (in any edition), or do you just throw a bunch of Charms and dots with a shared theme together?

The Teller of Tales, and the Weaver of Dreams

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              A high-end Terrestrial working could create a human, but it wouldn't do anything to accelerate the aging and training process to pick up useful Retainer skills on its own. You'd probably want a low-end Celestial working.
              ​That seems to check out. I had the image of the sorcerer having access to a number of lorestones as a method for bestowing the desired information into the gestating mind, but only as a form of Means.

Suppose the person was intended to have a powerful compulsion from the outset, about the equivalent of a Defining psychological Flaw; would that be the kind of thing that would up the Working, or just be an application of the highest level of Finesse?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• What would be the guidelines to create artifacts that are not weapons or armor?

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

​That seems to check out. I had the image of the sorcerer having access to a number of lorestones as a method for bestowing the desired information into the gestating mind, but only as a form of Means.

Suppose the person was intended to have a powerful compulsion from the outset, about the equivalent of a Defining psychological Flaw; would that be the kind of thing that would up the Working, or just be an application of the highest level of Finesse?
                  I think it'd up the working.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Voyd211 View Post
                    Are there any particular guidelines to building NPCs (in any edition), or do you just throw a bunch of Charms and dots with a shared theme together?
                    For 3rd Edition, the Quick Character rules provide guidelines for building NPCs.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by ale137 View Post
                      What would be the guidelines to create artifacts that are not weapons or armor?
                      They're largely the same, except their power and utility is directed towards different goals than the infliction or prevention of violence.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

They're largely the same, except their power and utility is directed towards different goals than the infliction or prevention of violence.
                        So we use the guides for evocations as a guide for the effects that an artifact could have?

Comment

So we use the guides for evocations as a guide for the effects that an artifact could have?
                          Yeah. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Yeah. 10char
                            Then, if i want to make and artifact that replicates the effect of an essence 4 evocation of a 4 dot artifact, does it stays as a 4 dot artifact or do i upgrade it to 5?

Comment

Then, if i want to make and artifact that replicates the effect of an essence 4 evocation of a 4 dot artifact, does it stays as a 4 dot artifact or do i upgrade it to 5?
                              That really depends entirely on the Evocation. Replicating a capstone ultimate effect as the base-level effect of a utility artifact is probably just plain out of bounds. There's no rigid mathematical formula for converting Evocations into the core utility powers of artifacts.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So, I had a player ask a couple of questions about Soul-Void Kata, and I'm pretty confident in how I'd rule these, but I'm curious what the quasi-official response would be...

If someone is affected by Soul-Void Kata during combat, and then attacked while they're in the resulting trance, would it count as a Surprise attack? An Ambush? Neither?

Could you use Soul-Void Kata in response to the reflexive Read Intentions rolls made in response to Black Claw's Open Palm Caress?

Comment

Working...
                                X