Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When you say that Dragon-Bloods start with Essence 2, does that mean that they start with 50xp to make up for the progression, or do they have a common chargen process but with Essence 2 being the main difference? If I would exalt a Dragon-Blood in game and have it start at Essence 1 because it would make sense for someone newly exalted, would you suggest that I use the normal progress with 50xp until Essence 2? Do you address this in the book?


    Ekorren's Homebrew Hub - Last Update: November 13, 2017

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
      When you say that Dragon-Bloods start with Essence 2, does that mean that they start with 50xp to make up for the progression, or do they have a common chargen process but with Essence 2 being the main difference?
      The latter.

      If I would exalt a Dragon-Blood in game and have it start at Essence 1 because it would make sense for someone newly exalted, would you suggest that I use the normal progress with 50xp until Essence 2? Do you address this in the book?
      There's rules for how much XP you need to progress from Essence 1->2 if you use the E1 chargen.


      Developer for Exalted

      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

      Robert Vance's Patreon

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
        When you say that Dragon-Bloods start with Essence 2, does that mean that they start with 50xp to make up for the progression, or do they have a common chargen process but with Essence 2 being the main difference? If I would exalt a Dragon-Blood in game and have it start at Essence 1 because it would make sense for someone newly exalted, would you suggest that I use the normal progress with 50xp until Essence 2? Do you address this in the book?
        Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        The latter.


        There's rules for how much XP you need to progress from Essence 1->2 if you use the E1 chargen.
        Would the fluff reason for starting at Essence 2 being that Realm/Lookshy Terrestrials are literally trained since young in expectation of receiving the Second Breath?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CharonFerryman View Post



          Would the fluff reason for starting at Essence 2 being that Realm/Lookshy Terrestrials are literally trained since young in expectation of receiving the Second Breath?
          No, it's the fact that a default Dragon-Blood PC experienced Exaltation in primary school, like most Dragon-Blooded, and has since graduated from their secondary school, meaning they've been Exalted for a longer time that default Solar PCs.


          Developer for Exalted

          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

          Robert Vance's Patreon

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            No, it's the fact that a default Dragon-Blood PC experienced Exaltation in primary school, like most Dragon-Blooded, and has since graduated from their secondary school, meaning they've been Exalted for a longer time that default Solar PCs.

            Great! Thank you for clarifying.

            Comment


            • I don't have the EX3 book (or the budget to get it), so I continue to have questions.

              If Virtues are no longer A Thing, then does the Great Curse still exist? If so, how does it work now?


              The Teller of Tales, and the Weaver of Dreams

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Voyd211 View Post
                If Virtues are no longer A Thing, then does the Great Curse still exist?
                Yes.

                If so, how does it work now?
                Solars gain Limit for acting against their Intimacies, which now come in three levels of intensity.


                Developer for Exalted

                Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                Robert Vance's Patreon

                Comment


                • Question: My character has Invulnerable Skin of Bronze as his control spell, and Pearlescent Filigree Defense. Does soak from having ISB as my control spell stack with my normal soak and the armored soak of PFD?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    I'm still up in the air on that.
                    Is the 'lunars cant turn into demons, elementals, etc' still up?

                    Comment


                    • If a mortal exalts in play after racking up more than 50xp, do they immediately start at Essence 2?


                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Supporter of Spirits getting full playable splat design come Exalted 3E.
                      Refugee from the 3rd Great Edition Wars of D&D.
                      oWoD Latecomer, Exalted Optimist, Scion ST, Trinity Curious

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ale137 View Post

                        Is the 'lunars cant turn into demons, elementals, etc' still up?
                        No, that's firmly decided.


                        Developer for Exalted

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Robert Vance's Patreon

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Yue Ryong View Post
                          If a mortal exalts in play after racking up more than 50xp, do they immediately start at Essence 2?
                          Storyteller call. In-setting, no Exalt starts at Essence 2, but if you've run ten sessions as mortals before Exalting, I think it's fine to kick it up a notch.


                          Developer for Exalted

                          Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                          Robert Vance's Patreon

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SerCerriusLee View Post
                            Question: My character has Invulnerable Skin of Bronze as his control spell, and Pearlescent Filigree Defense. Does soak from having ISB as my control spell stack with my normal soak and the armored soak of PFD?
                            The bonus soak while the spell isn't active: Yes.

                            The bonus soak while using the spell unarmored: No, Pearlescent Filigree Defense counts as armor.


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              Immaculate Dragon styles are structured a little differently than others. They run from Essence 1-5, which means that a Dragon-Blood who's fully mastered one is real damn scary.

                              As for my favorite Charm, it's gotta be Soul Mastery.
                              OOOO So its a long term investment. I like. That also makes it very worthwhile for a dawn with Martial Arts Supernal.

                              I'm actually really excited to see the changes to Wood Dragon Style. Admittedly my favorite in 2e was Air Dragon, but i've played many air aspects. (I've somehow not played a fire aspect longer than a few posts... Every other aspect has been covered but somehow not fire. May have to change that in 3E)

                              So with the larger essence spread are there more charms than other styles or are there just fewer at each essence rating?

                              Comment


                              • I'm 95% sure of this but I need to double check on it. A Dragon Tear Tiara's occult effect does not apply to neither shape sorcery nor work for sorcerous workings nor anything else related to sorcery. But any other occult role (such as with Spirit Caging Mandala or Spirit Draining Exorcism) gains the benefit correct?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X