This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wingnut2292 View Post
    Are there are any plans for Siderials and Getalids to have limited Lunar-esqe shapeshifting. I remember in 2.5e that the Sid's Resplendent Destinies were more weak essence-free or low essence cost one-off power-ups, than anything for their original mission of helping the Siderial integrate with society without a) being a complete stranger, b) being seen as an Anathema (per Immaculate doctrine, everyone with a Caste Mark is an Anathema).

I'm hoping that as Lunar Shapeshifting is developed, the system is robust and nuanced enough for Siderials to have human-shapeshifting or (think: job, status/role, fate/destiny, and appearance). I'd imagine a form if the Subtle Strike between factions is getting rival faction members assigned to cases that either requires them to adopt embarrassing roles/forms or are out of their specialties.

Some examples: A female Siderial is assigned a case investigating a fate error in the West. This will entail lots of travel by boat, and magic disguises do not fool the Storm Mothers. She needs, at the very least, a man's fate.

A Chosen of Battles needs to help an aspiring warlord win a series of battles. Except this warlord think he's hot stuff and taking advice from a pier is an unacceptable order. But, this warlord has a weakness for women. Our favorite of Mars needs the appearance of a woman, and quite possibly either the job or the or role of a courtesan.

A Relic dug up in the Scavenger Lands only affects children. To better learn how to the Relic, so to be able to turn it off, a 1000-year-old Chosen of Secrets adopts the fate and role of a child and thus becomes a valid target for the Relic's effect.

I could probably make more examples, but I'd rather not waste your time going on. I hope the rather lackluster Resplendent Destinies of old can be something fun and exciting in the future
    Resplendent Destinies are going to be distinct from Lunar shapeshifting.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If I activate Snow Follows Winter when strapped into a Warstrider, does the Warstrider get healed/repaired?
      Can Snow Follows Winter reduce a Warstriders wound penalties?
      How does One with the Blue Jade Dragon interact with Solar and Martial Arts charms? You presumably can't use Archery, Melee, or Thrown due to not having dragon sized weapons, but do you still count as wearing heavy armour or any armour at all?

Should I be captializing "Warstrider" in the middle of a sentence the way I'm doing it now?

Comment

• Does the control effect of Invunerable Skin of Bronze only apply when the spell hasn't been cast, since it requires you to be unarmoured and one of the effects of the spell is that you are considered to be wearing medium armour? Presumably you add essence to your soak when the spell hasn't been cast and you're wearing armour, and two times your essence to your soak (as well as essence hardness) when you are not wearing armour and haven't cast the spell? However I find this hard to square with the placement of "Even without the spell..." in the paragraph.

Similarly, Inomparable Body Arsenal grants "benefits and drawbacks equivelent to heavy artifact armour". I assume, like Invunerable Skin of Bronze, the drawbacks include an inablity to use certain Martial Arts styles or other effects?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          No, it needs to enhance a dodge.

In that case, would you say that HSP works in a similar fashion and does not enhance a melee-based clash?

Comment

• double post.

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
            Many Limbed Manual
            Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
            San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
            My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Buraikhoi View Post

In that case, would you say that HSP works in a similar fashion and does not enhance a melee-based clash?
              Yes, it has to enhance a Parry.

(I might have answered to the contrary in the past, but I think this is the better answer)

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                Does the control effect of Invunerable Skin of Bronze only apply when the spell hasn't been cast, since it requires you to be unarmoured and one of the effects of the spell is that you are considered to be wearing medium armour? Presumably you add essence to your soak when the spell hasn't been cast and you're wearing armour, and two times your essence to your soak (as well as essence hardness) when you are not wearing armour and haven't cast the spell? However I find this hard to square with the placement of "Even without the spell..." in the paragraph.
                You get the (Essence) bonus to soak and Hardness while the spell is active and you're not wearing other armor. ISoB doesn't count as armor for itself.

Similarly, Inomparable Body Arsenal grants "benefits and drawbacks equivelent to heavy artifact armour". I assume, like Invunerable Skin of Bronze, the drawbacks include an inablity to use certain Martial Arts styles or other effects?
                Correct. For all intents and purposes, you're wearing heavy armor.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post
                  If I activate Snow Follows Winter when strapped into a Warstrider, does the Warstrider get healed/repaired?
                  No. A warstrider's health track is completely separate from its pilots. Things that affect one don't affect the other.

Can Snow Follows Winter reduce a Warstriders wound penalties?
                  Likewise, wound penalties from damage to the warstrider's track are separate from (and stack with) those from damage in the pilot's health track.

How does One with the Blue Jade Dragon interact with Solar and Martial Arts charms? You presumably can't use Archery, Melee, or Thrown due to not having dragon sized weapons, but do you still count as wearing heavy armour or any armour at all?
                  You don't count as armored.

Should I be captializing "Warstrider" in the middle of a sentence the way I'm doing it now?
                  That's not the official style, but who's going to stop you?

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Spells cannot be undone once cast without a working; how does this interact with summoned entities? For example, if I bind a hopping puppeteer for some odd construction jobs (so I don't want to taskbind, since summoning a new one for each task is a pain), do I then have to keep it around for the rest of the 426 days, or can I say "pleasure doing business with you" and let it go home?

(For that matter, the text of the Demon of the Nth Circle spells don't actually say that the demons go away when their contract is up/task is done; I'm just concluding that's the case from previous editions and by analogy with Summon Elemental.)

Glorious Solar Kitten

Comment

• Is the plan when you get to describing Getimians and the other mystery Exalted, do you plan to do two-page spreads like the ones in the corebook for the classic Exalts, Liminals and Exigents?

And stuff.
                      My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• While employing Faster Than Self Technique is Split Deception Method sufficient to make each version of yourself appear different, or would it require some kind of upgrade charm?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aretii View Post
                          Spells cannot be undone once cast without a working; how does this interact with summoned entities? For example, if I bind a hopping puppeteer for some odd construction jobs (so I don't want to taskbind, since summoning a new one for each task is a pain), do I then have to keep it around for the rest of the 426 days, or can I say "pleasure doing business with you" and let it go home?
                          If you bind it for the year and the day, it's bound for the year and a day. Better find a way to keep it occupied and away from babies!

(For that matter, the text of the Demon of the Nth Circle spells don't actually say that the demons go away when their contract is up/task is done; I'm just concluding that's the case from previous editions and by analogy with Summon Elemental.)
                          They go away.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post
                            Is the plan when you get to describing Getimians and the other mystery Exalted, do you plan to do two-page spreads like the ones in the corebook for the classic Exalts, Liminals and Exigents?
                            Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                              While employing Faster Than Self Technique is Split Deception Method sufficient to make each version of yourself appear different, or would it require some kind of upgrade charm?
                              Split Deception Method could let each of your afterimage-selves look like one of your (Essence) different disguises, but you've probably got more afterimages than that. Might want a custom upgrade that folds that effect into something else (like getting to activate Split Deception Method for free when you use Faster than Self).

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is it intended that Summon Demon of the X Circle or Summon Elementals do not have Control Spell perks?

Also, at Celestial Circle, would a Summon Elemental spell function to bring in a Lesser Elemental Dragon? What about a Solar Circle equivalent? Can I see Lesser Elemental Dragons as the approximate power to a 2nd Circle Demon?

Comment

Working...
                                X