This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
    While employing Faster Than Self Technique is Split Deception Method sufficient to make each version of yourself appear different, or would it require some kind of upgrade charm?
    Split Deception Method could let each of your afterimage-selves look like one of your (Essence) different disguises, but you've probably got more afterimages than that. Might want a custom upgrade that folds that effect into something else (like getting to activate Split Deception Method for free when you use Faster than Self).

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Is it intended that Summon Demon of the X Circle or Summon Elementals do not have Control Spell perks?

Also, at Celestial Circle, would a Summon Elemental spell function to bring in a Lesser Elemental Dragon? What about a Solar Circle equivalent? Can I see Lesser Elemental Dragons as the approximate power to a 2nd Circle Demon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
        Yes, it has to enhance a Parry.

(I might have answered to the contrary in the past, but I think this is the better answer)

Is this also the case for Doe Eyes Defense, then?

Comment

• Originally posted by CharonFerryman View Post
          Is it intended that Summon Demon of the X Circle or Summon Elementals do not have Control Spell perks?
          Yes. There's only so much power that could be packed into summoning.

Also, at Celestial Circle, would a Summon Elemental spell function to bring in a Lesser Elemental Dragon? What about a Solar Circle equivalent? Can I see Lesser Elemental Dragons as the approximate power to a 2nd Circle Demon?
          You'll likely see equivalents in the future.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by serGregness View Post

Is this also the case for Doe Eyes Defense, then?
            It doesn't care whether you're dodging or blocking. It doesn't aply on clashes, but I don't think I conveyed that well in the Charm's text. My bad.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

It doesn't care whether you're dodging or blocking. It doesn't aply on clashes, but I don't think I conveyed that well in the Charm's text. My bad.

It's okay, the world is better off without the build that uses Rumor of Form, Hail-Shattering Practice, and Doe Eyes Defense to win every clash forever.

Comment

• Will we still have the sidreals manipulating a war between two kingdoms as a way of an ideological fight by proxy?

Comment

• What ever happened to Anathema? IIRC, it was supposed to be a Kickstarter goal, but the Github Repository hasn't been updated since December 2016. Have any of you heard from Urskr in the last 12-18 months since his last post on the forums?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post
                    What ever happened to Anathema? IIRC, it was supposed to be a Kickstarter goal, but the Github Repository hasn't been updated since December 2016. Have any of you heard from Urskr in the last 12-18 months since his last post on the forums?
                    I have not.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post
                      What ever happened to Anathema? IIRC, it was supposed to be a Kickstarter goal, but the Github Repository hasn't been updated since December 2016. Have any of you heard from Urskr in the last 12-18 months since his last post on the forums?
                      Just to clarify, the Kickstarter goal was about providing material and support on the EX3 core early enough that the Anathema team could get it up near the release. That was accomplished by the Devs at the time. Unfortunately, the Anathema team weren't able to make it happen, and since we have no ownership or control over the project, we're hoping as much as anyone that it gets taken up and put out at some point.

Comment

Yes, it has to enhance a Parry.

(I might have answered to the contrary in the past, but I think this is the better answer)
                        Wow 😲. There goes the whole meta. Could it be that Solar Melee is no longer the unambiguous clash king?
                        Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        Heh. I once had a ST who forbade it with Dodge, so I started using it on clashes. Good times.

While we’re busy declawing my beloved Black-Clawed Snake, does Snake Form enhance clashes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anasurimbor View Post
                          Wow 😲. There goes the whole meta. Could it be that Solar Melee is no longer the unambiguous clash king?
                          Let's not get too carried away. :P

While we’re busy declawing my beloved Black-Clawed Snake, does Snake Form enhance clashes?
                          Yes. Snake Form just persistently penalizes any attacks made against you. Unlike the Reflexive Charms at issue, it doesn't need to be activated to enhance a dodge or parry.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will the Dragonblooded book go into their level of technology? Like does the realm possess the printing presses, Fireworks, or something along the lines of bikes? If not what level of tech should big cities in the realm have?

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                              Will the Dragonblooded book go into their level of technology? Like does the realm possess the printing presses, Fireworks, or something along the lines of bikes? If not what level of tech should big cities in the realm have?
                              The Realm will.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Speaking of the Realm's level of technology, do the Dragon-Blooded (or any Exalted, really) have the capability to improve their mundane technology to the point of creating things like electrical generators and smartphones, if an Exalt ever wanted to invent something mortals could make and use by themselves?

Essentially, is "modern Creation" possible within the vanilla setting?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Working...
                                X