This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phoenix_Kensai View Post
    Does The Realm discuss the empire's population or the size of its military, beyond the 40 Imperial Legions mentioned in the core?

I'm curious about details like that, and having rough numbers to go on helps me visualize the size and power of a nation, but.. having spent a little time researching the subject, I'm finding those things aren't quite as easy to estimate as I hoped. On the other hand, I can understand why you might want to leave numbers vague.
    There's a chapter on the Realm's military which goes into some detail on legion size and structure.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Does Eclipse diplomatic immunity cover Yu-Shan? If so, is it only conditional on you styling yourself as a foreigner / ambassador? (For example, if you ended up with a position in the Celestial Bureaucracy, would your diplomatic immunity continue to apply?)

Comment

• Originally posted by AtG View Post
        Does Eclipse diplomatic immunity cover Yu-Shan? If so, is it only conditional on you styling yourself as a foreigner / ambassador? (For example, if you ended up with a position in the Celestial Bureaucracy, would your diplomatic immunity continue to apply?)
        [wrong answer cut]

EDIT: Eric has pointed out to me that Eclipse immunity extending to spirits of all sorts goes back to its initial presentation in 1E, and I don't think the old devs intended to change that. It'd apply in Yu-Shan. If you have an official position there, that probably doesn't count as diplomatic business, but the Storyteller can adjudicate the contours of that based on specific facts.
        Last edited by Robert Vance; 01-06-2018, 06:08 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
          It only applies when treating with the enemies of Creation, which Yu-Shan is not.
          This seems to be a bit at different than what the corebook says, though. The entry in the corebook says
          shades, spirits, the demon princes of Hell, and the Fair
          Folk may not attack the Eclipse or her companions
          without just cause
          Does that mean spirits in general are enemies of Creation? But gods are classified as spirits, are they not? Or is that to mean that the immunity works on spirits that are also enemies of Creation (but not say on a mortal that is an enemy of creation and wants to unmake it somehow?)

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
          Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
          Some Lintha QCs
          A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

No. 10char
            What's the limit, then?

Once upon a time, humanity didn't know how to build triemes. Now they do, but it's impossible for them to invent steam-boats?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• How does this work then? Does this mean it specifically applies to CoD or just any any spirit that has hostile intentions towards creation and if so... how does that work?

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                What's the limit, then?
                Genre and tone.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
                  This seems to be a bit at different than what the corebook says, though. The entry in the corebook says

Does that mean spirits in general are enemies of Creation? But gods are classified as spirits, are they not? Or is that to mean that the immunity works on spirits that are also enemies of Creation (but not say on a mortal that is an enemy of creation and wants to unmake it somehow?)
                  [wrong answer cut]

EDIT: Eric has pointed out to me that Eclipse immunity extending to spirits of all sorts goes back to its initial presentation in 1E, and I don't think the old devs intended to change that. So, it applies to all spirits, "enemies of Creation" is just a flavor text flourish with no mechanical effect.
                  Last edited by Robert Vance; 01-06-2018, 06:09 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Flinty View Post
                    How does this work then? Does this mean it specifically applies to CoD or just any any spirit that has hostile intentions towards creation and if so... how does that work?
                    [wrong answer cut]

EDIT: Eric has pointed out to me that Eclipse immunity extending to spirits of all sorts goes back to its initial presentation in 1E, and I don't think the old devs intended to change that.
                    Last edited by Robert Vance; 01-06-2018, 06:09 PM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I goofed up on the Eclipse questions, y'all. Edits have been made.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by aluminiumtrioxid View Post
                        Bit of a long shot: will we get some details about Champoor in either of the upcoming books?
                        Champoor is only mentioned in passing in the Prasad write-up.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• If I wanted to store my soul in an object, such that I live as long as the object is intact, is that a Celestial or Solar working?

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                          Many Limbed Manual
                          Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                          San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                          My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Genre and tone.
                            Apologies, I thought that was the point of "modern Creation". Changing the genre and tone.

I certainly wouldn't ask for guidelines or rules for how to advance material and engineering science on Creation with Lore alone.

Just as playing in "modern Creation" would need to be a communal agreement at a particular table, so would any story that aimed to change vanillla Creation into modern through an industrial revolution.

I mean, it should be just as possible for the Hundred Sinner King to have failed to stop Karvara from destroying the Loom of Fate, or for a similar apocalypse to wreck Creation and significantly change the nature and tone of the setting. That's basically what happened with the Great Contagion in canon.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                              Apologies, I thought that was the point of "modern Creation". Changing the genre and tone.

I certainly wouldn't ask for guidelines or rules for how to advance material and engineering science on Creation with Lore alone.

Just as playing in "modern Creation" would need to be a communal agreement at a particular table, so would any story that aimed to change vanillla Creation into modern through an industrial revolution.

I mean, it should be just as possible for the Hundred Sinner King to have failed to stop Karvara from destroying the Loom of Fate, or for a similar apocalypse to wreck Creation and significantly change the nature and tone of the setting. That's basically what happened with the Great Contagion in canon.
                              I think you're thinking of an alternate setting, rather than vanilla Creation, and that their answer is with regards to that! i.e. how Exalted Modern is a shard or alternate setting rather than just the future of Creation.
                              Last edited by VioletDreamer; 01-06-2018, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X